England Regain The Ashes!!! :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winged Shadows

Lost Prophet
Reaction score
I split my time between my cupboard and my fridge.
:winner

Our football, rugby and athletics teams have let us down, but it's official - we're the best at cricket and this series has proven it!

Freddie Flintoff has been amazing throughout.. and what a lucky knock by Pieterson in the end.

Hope Aussie fans enjoyed it enough to acknowledge the heart Warney played with. He didn't deserve to be on the losing side. (as much as i think he is a cocky git!)

It's been a truling amazing sporting event.

:banana

i agree,its been a long time coming but at last we have got a decent cricket time,not like them overpaid ,overated arsewipes of a football team,they never give us any thing to shout about,but well done the crickets lads, :mwaha

Ashes to ashes

Well done guys. I was surprised that this happened. You could have used that team a long while ago. Guess the time was right this year. I am expecting youse to continue this trend against the rest of the cricket playing nations.

Oh, is it over? Hooray England! And the same goes for many other English people who are so fed up with our football team that we'll cheer if we win at anything! Yes, even curling!!
But seriously, I am happy. Cricket is a true English sport and I'm glad to see the Ashes back where they belong. I never knew how TINY the trophy was though! Obviously in football you get MASSIVE trophies that you can fit three footballers and their aunties into, so when the papers printed pictures of the guys lifting the trophy I was like.....well where is it?? In a previous photo I even mistook it for a shot glass!!!

OK, so can one of you fine UK chaps post how it is that one actually plays Cricket? :huh

FrodoEyes said:
Just make sure you don't bore yourself, fall asleep and wake up with a sticky wicket

:mwaha :mwaha -excellent

Personally i'm always bored watching Cricket 'just not my cup o tea' is how many of my friends describe it.
Each to their own. :angelsmil

shell
x

i nearly forgot to give creech a hard time over this win,ha ha creech, we won we won ,we won,sorry mate couldnt resist :mwaha

I deserve it Schuey. Hey, am I the only Aussie willing to stand up and be abused? Hmmm. I guess the abuse isn't of a high enough standard. Well, I am glad you guys won one out of 17. By rights this should continue for some years to come. Something you Pomeys deserve after all the crap you have going on there lately.

I would like an explanation though. It was a draw right? How come you won. Lmao. :wacky

Two games won to one overall, with how many draws? One or two?
I found it funny that some people were relying on the good old British weather to help out its country and rain in order to stop play! What a way for us to win that would be, our weather actually being a hero for a change!

It's about time a huge umbrella was built over that ground isn't it.

Another question. Doesn't England always retain the ashes? Even if we win you wont let us take them home with us. Not cricket really is it? :wacky

Re:

When I first moved to the states, my mom was dating this guy who played on a coed softball team. We would go to ever game, have fun, yadda-yadda. One night, they were short and asked my mom to step in. Being the enthusiastic athlete she is, she readily agreed. So she's standing on home plate, bat raised, ready to swing. The pitch is thrown and she hits the ball fairly well, and it goes sailing past third base (fairly close to the ground). The team cheers, the opposing team scrambels...yet.. my mom remains still. "Go!" "Run!" shout her teammates. "No, you're all right. I'll hit it better then next time around!" Confused and growing increasinly more animated, the team continue to yell.. "You HAVE to run!!!" Adamantly, my Mom insists she'll hit it better (after all... she DOES have two more changes right?!?)

Needless to say.. my mom's firt encounter wtih American Baseball was not a good one.. though it WAS a memorable one.

Back