Samurai Clothes and Weapons set by Crazy Owners

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Nice set! Very ingenius to include the kami w/ the set. Swords are beautiful. I only wish the ninja swords looked that good.

That's actually incorrect. Traditional donning of hakama starts w/ the front tie being wrapped first, being tied at the back under the kimono "obi" knot. Then the back straps are brought through to the front and tied in various froms of decorative knots.

That's actually incorrect. Traditional donning of hakama starts w/ the front tie being wrapped first, being tied at the back under the kimono "obi" knot. Then the back straps are brought through to the front and tied in various froms of decorative knots.

I see. I've seen videos of both tying the front then back and back then front and was confused by that, but what I was most interested in was the most visible aspect, the front knot; which I've seen tied in the exact same way more then once. Probably more of a Kendo uniform knot, but it's the easiest to do in 1:6 scale and make it look right.

Cross-posting this here.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Just exchanged a bunch of email messages with Ken (owner of Crazy Owners) and clarified the relationship between the 2 companies. Crazy Owners is a separate and distinct company from Ignite but will be working as their Exclusive World Wide Agency. So to put it another way, Ignite will manufacture the toys, but the branding and sales will fall under Crazy Owners.

Ken was Ignite's head of marketing before forming Crazy Owners:
https://www.afhub.com/interview-with-ken-shum-of-ignite-co-hong-kong/

Please pardon the confusion - sometimes things get lost in the translation :)

Holy cow, those look great!!
Oh man, I've been holding on getting any Samurai because that's going to open a can of worms on my collecting habits...ha ha ha...
Next, DiD Samurais...

Holy cow, those look great!!
Oh man, I've been holding on getting any Samurai because that's going to open a can of worms on my collecting habits...ha ha ha...
Next, DiD Samurais...

Once you get a DiD samurai, nothing 1:6 scale will compare to it.
And Hot Toys thought the Alien astronaut suits were impossible to make in cloth. :rolleyes:

I think Hot Toys piked because cloth is too labor intensive. Look at how much they make that is plastic. Predators, Aliens and now Ironman, when they can really make something nice, like the Joker for instance, with cloth. It just makes them look so much better.

I can't seem to find a link to these 'Crazy Owners' on the DiD site. Looks like a nice outfit. Too bad they didn't include some footwear in this set. Now all we need is a price.

Ahhh. Thanks Evilface. I had a brain freeze. Still, I don't see a link on the Ignite site either. Must be a really new sub division. All in due course I reckon.

Ahhh. Thanks Evilface. I had a brain freeze. Still, I don't see a link on the Ignite site either. Must be a really new sub division. All in due course I reckon.
I posted this bit of info here a few days ago:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27811&page=16

Cross-posting here for everyone's reference...

Just exchanged a bunch of email messages with Ken (owner of Crazy Owners) and clarified the relationship between the 2 companies. Crazy Owners is a separate and distinct company from Ignite but will be working as their Exclusive World Wide Agency. So to put it another way, Ignite will manufacture the toys, but the branding and sales will fall under Crazy Owners.

Ken was Ignite's head of marketing before forming Crazy Owners:
https://www.afhub.com/interview-with-ken-shum-of-ignite-co-hong-kong/

Please pardon the confusion - sometimes things get lost in the translation :)

Since it's a full line of samurai clothes, I hope they do white death robes like Ogami Itto wore in Sword of Vengeance. Step one in my most wanted custom.

Back