What type of 1/6 Soldier is this?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I see there's so many military type of uniforms out and I was just wondering if someone can help point me in the right direction as to where can I get a 1/6 figure that looks like the soldiers from Black Hawk Down? Any help would be appreciated
BHD-BTS-034.jpg

Miketek had some headsulpts made of Hoot/ Eric Bana. I just bought the Bana sculpt off ebay from Miketek but cant find the link. Maybe someone else can help out with that :confused:
Some of the parts for that figure are a little tought to get mainly the vest. Im kind of working on a Hoot figure right now as I come across the parts, I pick them up. Check out Monkeydepot.com for the desert BDU he wears. They have one made by Toy Soldier or Saturday Toys that both work well. Think Im using the Saturday Toys uni. I like it. Toy Soldier came out with a "d Boy" figure that basically had all the same equipment. Those are fairly rare and expensive if you can find one. Anyway, hope that helps to get you started!

https://onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81330&highlight=miketek

I also made a McKnight figure a while back. Dragon actually made a Danny McKnight figure. You can find those of ebay for fairly cheap. Redplanettoys.com has a couple of good Tom Sizemore sculpts that work really well for the McKnight figure as well.
mcknight006.jpg

mcknight009.jpg

Thanks alot for your help. This will definitely get me started. I'm literally just a few days into this hobby because I bought a CIA SAD figure earlier this week to put on top one of my shelves and wanted one of these guys to be on the other.

Well good luck!
Check that link I posted on the first post. He is a member on antother 1/6 site(maybe here as well??). He sells some head casts of various characters/ actors. He has an ebay store/ site also. I just bought the Hoot head from his ebay site but went back to search for the store and couldnt find it. That link I posted has pics of the heads he has as well as his email.

Are you talking about uniform/equipment sets for SFODD troops? Toy Soldier made a couple sets, though the first set is rare as hen's teeth. The second set--based on the character Sanderson from the film--is still available, though not widely so. DML also made a figure based on MSgt. Gary Gordon, but he is pretty much extinct. Other than those options you can find parts at dealers or eBay to complete a Somalia-era Delta operator.
Here are a couple pics of a custom I did about six months ago. It was contrived from many various parts from Toy Soldier, BBI, DML and Hot Toys.

317185618.jpg

317185920.jpg

317185926.jpg

317185934.jpg

317185940.jpg

317186325.jpg

Sarge, that fig/ dio is freaking sweet!! Think I've seen it over at OSW before. Great work as always man.
What was the name of the Sanderson figure if you can recall? or the name of the style of vest they wear? Thanks!!!

Sarge, that fig/ dio is freaking sweet!! Think I've seen it over at OSW before. Great work as always man.
What was the name of the Sanderson figure if you can recall? or the name of the style of vest they wear? Thanks!!!

Thanks!:D
Here is the link for the TS Delta figure set(it's in stock, too)
I believe the vests used in the film are by Eagle and the chest rigs were BHI.

Thanks for the info Sarge! I'll check ebay and the other sites for it. Not sure I want to shell out for the whole figure... it is a really nice figure though.The Dragon BHD figures are very hard to come by except for the McKnight figure. I was just able to get the Matt Eversman headsculpt off of ebay a few days ago which will be a cool figure once I get the pieces together for it.

I ran into this one. Anybody have one?
VBSS_001.jpg

VBSS_003.jpg

If you're looking for an early 90's DELTA look, that figure won't work. Even the kneepads are too new. The only thing that may fly w/ that set *may* be the BDU and the NOMEX hands.

If you want a figure like that I don't see any reason to pass up on the Toy Soldier D-Boy set. Only thing that's missing is the celebrity HS but the box offers the perfect and easiest solution for your question.

As for a Ranger figure, it's odd that TS hasn't released a full figure yet. They did sell a box with the outfit and webgear which I managed to get my hands on but I'm pretty confident that one day we'll see a full figure too.
As to why HT hasn't picked up on the BHD franchise yet is a complete mystery to me. They needn't even bother with the license if they put Hoot's head on another figure and it's a great opportunity to draw movie collectors into the military scene.

edit: buy me buy me!

Last edited:
Good question.

???

Hot Toys made several early figures with a close Eric Bana likeness. Off the top of my head were the following:

CIA - SPECIAL Activities Division in Afghanistan

SEAL TEAM 5 VBSS TEAM LEADER

Btw, the Toy Soldier "D-Boy" Breacher that shows in stock at EBT has actually been out of stock for a while now. Their site just hasn't been updated.

Back