Balrog poster/big photo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynxje

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I was just browsing on another forum and noticed this picture of someone's collection (don't know who, might even be a member here) and I just LOVE the poster/photo of the Balrog on the wall. Anybody got an idea where one would get a piece like that?

col64jp.png

Definitely an awesome poster. I would be interested to know as well.

That is also the first time I have seen any of the weapon sets hung as opposed to displayed on their stand.

re

It appears to be one of the limited edition lithographs (1500 worldwide I think) from the LOTR fan club that was available several years back. I had the full set but someone made me an offer for them I couldn't refuse....

That is a poster that comes in as an insert from a Lord of the Rings book. I think it is called LOTR monsters or something, you can find it on AMAZON for less than 10 bucks. I cant remember which exactly, but Im on a mission to find it, as soon as I do Ill post a pic.

So the poster in the book is always one of the Balrog?

Wouldn't mind trying it for 9 bucks, but after shipping and taxes it'll must likely be tripled before I get it in....

The back of the book states it includes 'a free fold out chart'.... doesn't really sound like this kick ass balrogposter to me.

Based on one of the reviews, yup this is it. It's a folded poster. Will definitely order this book.

It appears to be one of the limited edition lithographs (1500 worldwide I think) from the LOTR fan club that was available several years back.

I almost had the entire set myself once but this surely is not the one. This one shown is much bigger. I ended up selling my own set to honestypolicy, now I miss them. :banghead

So the poster in the book is always one of the Balrog?

Yes, it is always the Balrog. Actually back at the ezboard forums, a member named jimbo (james) who I see on as a lurker now and then, saw this same exact picture and bought the book himself. This was when the boards were still new and he got his framed and told me it came out close to $100.00 to have it done. He took pics and pointed out that it came from this book.

Last edited:
Gondor59 said:
It appears to be one of the limited edition lithographs (1500 worldwide I think) from the LOTR fan club that was available several years back. I had the full set but someone made me an offer for them I couldn't refuse....

Nop,e the litographs are smaller than that.

Winged Shadows said:
The creases are a little jarring.

It'd be cool to find a hi-res image of this scene, and have it professionally printed.

Ditto. This is an awesome image, but the creases make it look really bad.

There was a poster for sale originally that had the Balrog, the bridge & Gandalf that said at the bottom: You shall not pass. It was a 24 x 36 vertical poster. It was sold out pretty quick and I have only seen it on eBay once maybe 3 times in the past 2 years.

Back