Survivor : Gabon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa

Super Freak
Reaction score
Survivor : Gabon - Pool

Anyone else a fan? This is probably my favorite TV show, I never miss an episode, and if I do, I catch it online.

New season started last night and I'm just watching it tonight.

https://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/

Not sure who got voted off yet on this first episode, so won't check back in till I've seen the rest of the show in case of any spoilers.

Does anyone want to do a Survivor Pool? I relaize about a week too late, but could hold a lotto with remaing survivors, I think it's 15 left. Anyone that says they want in and then randomly draw names assigning each person to a survivor, last person standing wins. I may be able to offer a gift card or two as prizes. I have to check to see if I have any leftover. Or just do it for bragging rights.

If interested, PM me or reply in this thread. You must be a fan though.

Contest details:

I just verified gift card status through SS website, and all appear valid. Nothing is promised, guaranteed or implied, Having said that, I have 2 $10 GC's (3rd and 2nd prize) and a $25 1st place prize. Nothing fantastic, I know, but it will make it more fun if you're already a fan.

Once I get all 16 remaining spots filled by this Wednesday, I will randomly assign board members to survivors. I hope to get at least 8 entries, preferably 16, so I can double up entries if necessary. Top 3 survivors get money, sole survivor getting the $25 gift card code emailed to them, as well as 2nd and 3rd getting the $10 GC PM'd.

Edit: tribe colors based upon original colors, not redistibution.

Kota
Bob - Physics Teacher (Beachbum) = WINNER
Ace - Conceited Photographer (Mista305) = ELIMINATED #7/8
Jessica/Sugar - pin-up model (Mista305)=3rd Place
Marcus - Medical Field (Beachbum) = ELIMINATED #9
Charlie - Management Consultant (The Mike) = ELIMINATED #10
Paloma - Student/surfer (Mesa) = ELIMINATED #3
Kelly - assitant manager/buyer (Batty) = ELIMINATED #6
Jacquie - Medical Device Sales (Batty) = ELIMINATED #4
Corine - Pharmaceutical Sales (B24Karrot) = ELIMINATED #12

Fang
Gillian* - Nurse/Mom/Grandmom = ELIMINATED #2
Crystal - Preschool teacher/Olympic Gold Champion (Lcummins) = ELIMINATED #13
Susie - Part Time Hair Dresser/Mom/Wife (Lcummins)= 2nd Place
Matty - Personal Trainer (Mesa) = ELIMINATED #15
Randy - Wedding Videographer (The Mike) = ELIMINATED #11
Dan - Attorney finding himself (Progmatinee) = ELIMINATED #7/8
Danny/"GC" - maintenace supervisor (Progmatinee)= ELIMINATED #5
Kenny - Professional Video Game player (B24Karrot) = ELIMINATED #14
Michelle* - works in "film" = ELIMINATED #1

* - eliminated prior to start of freaks pool

https://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/

All SPOTS FILLED

8 players, 2 survivors each = 16 of the 16 remaining on 10/2:
Batty
The Mike
B24Karrot
Mista305
Progmatinee
Beachbum
Lcummins (I know you said no to GC's but still adding, you can direct to someone else)
Mesa

Edit: If not enough interest, I'll just let the thread pass on.

Edit2: Okay, 8 people have said yes. So I'm going to cut it there, and give 2 survivors to each person involved.

It's only 6:13 here in AZ, and tonight is survivor night, and I haven't cheated online to see if a person was voted out.

This is how I'm going to assign random Survivors to each of the 8 people in the pool. I'll put all 16 names in a hat, and draw them out one at a time. the first one will go to Batty, next one to The Mike, etc. in order of people signing up, and repeat process one time, for each members second survivor.

Here goes.... (give me 10 minutes)

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of both Survivor and The Amazing Race. Last night's episode was pretty good, but the tribe of fools better get it together before they get wiped out. And I already have 2 people I can't stand. :lol

It looks great in HD, btw.

I love Survivor but less than The Amazing Race which I'm really waiting for. The Tribe of Fools is already making mistakes keeping the three dead weight members and getting rid of Jennifer because she was "too sad" yet performing in challenges well. I have a feeling unless the other tribe really screws up, they'll be a wipeout similar to the season with Stephenie.

I'm always amazed when you see some people on this show who act like they've never seen an episode of Survivor before. Especially the ones who just run at the mouth.

And voting off strong players in the beginning is really dumb. I can't believe they were thinking about voting off the guy (I don't remember names yet) who went to Exile Island just because they suspected he had the immunity idol? C'mon!

The Amazing Race starts Sunday. :banana

I can't believe they've kept GC on for two tribals, he runs his mouth, refuses to do anything, ran away from being an elected leader and has the typical youthful attitude you see on these shows. You would have thought if they were voting out annoyances they would have gone that route. Getting rid of the 60 year old lady was smart since she wasn't producing from the first second but that tribe certainly has a lot of lame ducks on it.

alright, just finished the end of first show.

18 original survivors, 2 voted off in first episode. So that leaves 16.

I just verified gift card status through SS website, and all appear valid. Nothing is promised, guaranteed or implied, Having said that, I have 2 $10 GC's (3rd and 2nd prize) and a $25 1st place prize. Nothing fantastic, I know, but it will make it more fun if you're already a fan.

Just PM me if you want to be included in the survivor pool.

Entries so far (I assume Batty and Mike want to be included just for the entertainment factor):

Mesa
Batty
The Mike

13 spots left (please try and be a survivor fan or wannabe fan to enter)

Once I get all 16 remaining spots filled by this Wednesday, I will randomly assign board members to survivors. I hope to get at least 8 entries, preferably 16, so I can double up entries if necessary. Top 3 survivors get money, sole survivor getting the $25 gift card code emailed to them, as well as 2nd and 3rd getting the $10 GC PM'd.

Ace - Conceited Photographer (Boy George Look-a-Like)
Charlie - Management Consultant
Crystal - Preschool techer/Olympic goldChampion
Dannie - maintenace supervisor
Jacquie - Medical Device Sales
Kelly - assitant manager/buyer (Also HOT)
Marcus - Medical Field
Michelle* - works in "film"
Randy - Wedding Videographer

Bob - Physics Teacher
Corine - Pharmaceutical Sales with attitude
Dan - Attorney finding himself
Gillian* - Nurse/Mom/Grandmom
Jessica/Sugar - pin-up model
Ken - Professional Video Game player
Matty - Personal Trainer
Paloma - Student/surfer/HOT
Susie - Part Time Hair Dresser/Mom/Wife

I'll figure out who's on who's tribe, website not too friendly right now.

Last edited:
I'm in for the fun of it. I hope we get some others to join. :banana

Ace and Randy are the two guys I can't stand so far. It's hard to judge after only one (well, two) episodes, but these two seem like real jerks.

Updated Tribe Info

Kota = Yellow
Bob - Physics Teacher
Ace - Conceited Photographer (Boy George Look-a-Like)
Jessica/Sugar - pin-up model
Marcus - Medical Field
Charlie - Management Consultant
Paloma - Student/surfer/HOT
Kelly - assitant manager/buyer (Also HOT)
Jacquie - Medical Device Sales
Corine - Pharmaceutical Sales with attitude

Fang = Red
Gillian* - Nurse/Mom/Grandmom = ELIMINATED
Crystal - Preschool techer/Olympic goldChampion
Susie - Part Time Hair Dresser/Mom/Wife
Matty - Personal Trainer
Randy - Wedding Videographer
Dan - Attorney finding himself
Dannie - maintenace supervisor
Ken - Professional Video Game player
Michelle* - works in "film" = ELIMINATED

Hey Mesa I'm in.............

Ace is a jerk and I don't believe his accent for one minute
Gillian needed to go she was on my last lesbian nerve
Dan thinks too much, I think he over thinks
Olympian? You couldn't even get up the damn hill....LOL
Randy? Is that his name, I think he is a jerk........"Sit on my ass and just watch everyone fall apart", or something like that, yeah that is how to be a team member, and you must be a team to start out with.
GC.....just stopped digging like he didn't even care, "uh, I got tired"....twit.

Although Fang sucked butt, I have to give them some kudos for the fishing hook out of glasses and actually catching fish with no fishing stuff, they do get points for that.

Anyway can't wait till next week..........Sundays True Blood, Thursdays Survivor and soon regular CSI..............those are my guilty pleasures.

Hey Mesa I'm in.............

Ace is a jerk and I don't believe his accent for one minute
Gillian needed to go she was on my last lesbian nerve
Dan thinks too much, I think he over thinks
Olympian? You couldn't even get up the damn hill....LOL
Randy? Is that his name, I think he is a jerk........"Sit on my ass and just watch everyone fall apart", or something like that, yeah that is how to be a team member, and you must be a team to start out with.
GC.....just stopped digging like he didn't even care, "uh, I got tired"....twit.

Although Fang sucked butt, I have to give them some kudos for the fishing hook out of glasses and actually catching fish with no fishing stuff, they do get points for that.

Anyway can't wait till next week..........Sundays True Blood, Thursdays Survivor and soon regular CSI..............those are my guilty pleasures.

Got you in b2k

I love this show..because the patriots are not playing this weekend I am going to watch the 2hr episode from Thursday now!!

I love this show..because the patriots are not playing this weekend I am going to watch the 2hr episode from Thursday now!!

I'll sign you up in the pool then. Odds not looking so good to fill up available slots by Thursday. Need to do some more advertising.

C'mon folks who does not want a minty fresh SSC giftcard? It's freeeeeeeee.........

Can not wait until this Thursday, yeah this is really my life, waiting for reality shows to come on.....:rotfl

I've not watched a season since the first one. Is anything different other than location and people?

It's always different. It's the inter-relationships between members that make it so fascinating.

But to answer your question, the major difference since you watched last is there is now an exile island, where one person of losing tribe gets voted to be there. On that island, there are clues as to an additional hidden immunity idol, which may be within the island, or at their own base camp; it's varied. Each new week, if the idol isn't found, a new clue is revealed. Once found, that immunity idol can be played at any time as long as presented prior to vote count. If played, survivor is safe, and next person with highest votes is out, and immunity idol is replaced. It's changes the dynamics ALOT.

The best was when James the Grave Digger had both idols (one on each island) by playing the game perfectly and didn't use either one before getting voted out.

I never watched the first season ironically I thought it was stupid...but now I am into it because I love to study people and see how they interact and the things that different situations will do to them...its also interesting when a super weak player ie Cherie got to the final few not once but TWICE!!!

I would love to see a survivor super all stars with James and Rupert and several others...

Back