PDA

View Full Version : Survivor : Gabon

Mesa
09-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Anyone else a fan? This is probably my favorite TV show, I never miss an episode, and if I do, I catch it online.

New season started last night and I'm just watching it tonight.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/

Not sure who got voted off yet on this first episode, so won't check back in till I've seen the rest of the show in case of any spoilers.

Does anyone want to do a Survivor Pool? I relaize about a week too late, but could hold a lotto with remaing survivors, I think it's 15 left. Anyone that says they want in and then randomly draw names assigning each person to a survivor, last person standing wins. I may be able to offer a gift card or two as prizes. I have to check to see if I have any leftover. Or just do it for bragging rights.

If interested, PM me or reply in this thread. You must be a fan though.

Contest details:

I just verified gift card status through SS website, and all appear valid. Nothing is promised, guaranteed or implied, Having said that, I have 2 $10 GC's (3rd and 2nd prize) and a $25 1st place prize. Nothing fantastic, I know, but it will make it more fun if you're already a fan.

Once I get all 16 remaining spots filled by this Wednesday, I will randomly assign board members to survivors. I hope to get at least 8 entries, preferably 16, so I can double up entries if necessary. Top 3 survivors get money, sole survivor getting the $25 gift card code emailed to them, as well as 2nd and 3rd getting the $10 GC PM'd.

Edit: tribe colors based upon original colors, not redistibution.

Kota
Bob - Physics Teacher (Beachbum) = WINNER
Ace - Conceited Photographer (Mista305) = ELIMINATED #7/8
Jessica/Sugar - pin-up model (Mista305)=3rd Place
Marcus - Medical Field (Beachbum) = ELIMINATED #9
Charlie - Management Consultant (The Mike) = ELIMINATED #10
Paloma - Student/surfer (Mesa) = ELIMINATED #3
Kelly - assitant manager/buyer (Batty) = ELIMINATED #6
Jacquie - Medical Device Sales (Batty) = ELIMINATED #4
Corine - Pharmaceutical Sales (B24Karrot) = ELIMINATED #12

Fang
Gillian* - Nurse/Mom/Grandmom = ELIMINATED #2
Crystal - Preschool teacher/Olympic Gold Champion (Lcummins) = ELIMINATED #13
Susie - Part Time Hair Dresser/Mom/Wife (Lcummins)= 2nd Place
Matty - Personal Trainer (Mesa) = ELIMINATED #15
Randy - Wedding Videographer (The Mike) = ELIMINATED #11
Dan - Attorney finding himself (Progmatinee) = ELIMINATED #7/8
Danny/"GC" - maintenace supervisor (Progmatinee)= ELIMINATED #5
Kenny - Professional Video Game player (B24Karrot) = ELIMINATED #14
Michelle* - works in "film" = ELIMINATED #1

* - eliminated prior to start of freaks pool

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/ (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/)

All SPOTS FILLED

8 players, 2 survivors each = 16 of the 16 remaining on 10/2:
Batty
The Mike
B24Karrot
Mista305
Progmatinee
Beachbum
Lcummins (I know you said no to GC's but still adding, you can direct to someone else)
Mesa

Edit: If not enough interest, I'll just let the thread pass on.

Edit2: Okay, 8 people have said yes. So I'm going to cut it there, and give 2 survivors to each person involved.

It's only 6:13 here in AZ, and tonight is survivor night, and I haven't cheated online to see if a person was voted out.

This is how I'm going to assign random Survivors to each of the 8 people in the pool. I'll put all 16 names in a hat, and draw them out one at a time. the first one will go to Batty, next one to The Mike, etc. in order of people signing up, and repeat process one time, for each members second survivor.

Here goes.... (give me 10 minutes)

Batty
09-26-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm a big fan of both Survivor and The Amazing Race. Last night's episode was pretty good, but the tribe of fools better get it together before they get wiped out. And I already have 2 people I can't stand. :lol

It looks great in HD, btw.

The Mike
09-26-2008, 10:14 PM
I love Survivor but less than The Amazing Race which I'm really waiting for. The Tribe of Fools is already making mistakes keeping the three dead weight members and getting rid of Jennifer because she was "too sad" yet performing in challenges well. I have a feeling unless the other tribe really screws up, they'll be a wipeout similar to the season with Stephenie.

Batty
09-26-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm always amazed when you see some people on this show who act like they've never seen an episode of Survivor before. Especially the ones who just run at the mouth.

And voting off strong players in the beginning is really dumb. I can't believe they were thinking about voting off the guy (I don't remember names yet) who went to Exile Island just because they suspected he had the immunity idol? C'mon!

The Amazing Race starts Sunday. :banana

The Mike
09-26-2008, 10:37 PM
I can't believe they've kept GC on for two tribals, he runs his mouth, refuses to do anything, ran away from being an elected leader and has the typical youthful attitude you see on these shows. You would have thought if they were voting out annoyances they would have gone that route. Getting rid of the 60 year old lady was smart since she wasn't producing from the first second but that tribe certainly has a lot of lame ducks on it.

Mesa
09-26-2008, 11:17 PM
alright, just finished the end of first show.

18 original survivors, 2 voted off in first episode. So that leaves 16.

I just verified gift card status through SS website, and all appear valid. Nothing is promised, guaranteed or implied, Having said that, I have 2 $10 GC's (3rd and 2nd prize) and a $25 1st place prize. Nothing fantastic, I know, but it will make it more fun if you're already a fan.

Just PM me if you want to be included in the survivor pool.

Entries so far (I assume Batty and Mike want to be included just for the entertainment factor):

Mesa
Batty
The Mike

13 spots left (please try and be a survivor fan or wannabe fan to enter)

Once I get all 16 remaining spots filled by this Wednesday, I will randomly assign board members to survivors. I hope to get at least 8 entries, preferably 16, so I can double up entries if necessary. Top 3 survivors get money, sole survivor getting the $25 gift card code emailed to them, as well as 2nd and 3rd getting the $10 GC PM'd.

Ace - Conceited Photographer (Boy George Look-a-Like)
Charlie - Management Consultant
Crystal - Preschool techer/Olympic goldChampion
Dannie - maintenace supervisor
Jacquie - Medical Device Sales
Kelly - assitant manager/buyer (Also HOT)
Marcus - Medical Field
Michelle* - works in "film"
Randy - Wedding Videographer

Bob - Physics Teacher
Corine - Pharmaceutical Sales with attitude
Dan - Attorney finding himself
Gillian* - Nurse/Mom/Grandmom
Jessica/Sugar - pin-up model
Ken - Professional Video Game player
Matty - Personal Trainer
Paloma - Student/surfer/HOT
Susie - Part Time Hair Dresser/Mom/Wife

I'll figure out who's on who's tribe, website not too friendly right now.

Batty
09-26-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm in for the fun of it. I hope we get some others to join. :banana

Ace and Randy are the two guys I can't stand so far. It's hard to judge after only one (well, two) episodes, but these two seem like real jerks.

Mesa
09-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Updated Tribe Info

Kota = Yellow
Bob - Physics Teacher
Ace - Conceited Photographer (Boy George Look-a-Like)
Jessica/Sugar - pin-up model
Marcus - Medical Field
Charlie - Management Consultant
Paloma - Student/surfer/HOT
Kelly - assitant manager/buyer (Also HOT)
Jacquie - Medical Device Sales
Corine - Pharmaceutical Sales with attitude

Fang = Red
Gillian* - Nurse/Mom/Grandmom = ELIMINATED
Crystal - Preschool techer/Olympic goldChampion
Susie - Part Time Hair Dresser/Mom/Wife
Matty - Personal Trainer
Randy - Wedding Videographer
Dan - Attorney finding himself
Dannie - maintenace supervisor
Ken - Professional Video Game player
Michelle* - works in "film" = ELIMINATED

b24karrot
09-27-2008, 12:26 AM
Hey Mesa I'm in.............

Ace is a jerk and I don't believe his accent for one minute
Gillian needed to go she was on my last lesbian nerve
Dan thinks too much, I think he over thinks
Olympian? You couldn't even get up the damn hill....LOL
Randy? Is that his name, I think he is a jerk........"Sit on my ass and just watch everyone fall apart", or something like that, yeah that is how to be a team member, and you must be a team to start out with.
GC.....just stopped digging like he didn't even care, "uh, I got tired"....twit.

Although Fang sucked butt, I have to give them some kudos for the fishing hook out of glasses and actually catching fish with no fishing stuff, they do get points for that.

Anyway can't wait till next week..........Sundays True Blood, Thursdays Survivor and soon regular CSI..............those are my guilty pleasures.

Mesa
09-27-2008, 12:41 AM
Hey Mesa I'm in.............

Ace is a jerk and I don't believe his accent for one minute
Dan thinks too much, I think he over thinks
Olympian? You couldn't even get up the damn hill....LOL
Randy? Is that his name, I think he is a jerk........"Sit on my ass and just watch everyone fall apart", or something like that, yeah that is how to be a team member, and you must be a team to start out with.
GC.....just stopped digging like he didn't even care, "uh, I got tired"....twit.

Although Fang sucked butt, I have to give them some kudos for the fishing hook out of glasses and actually catching fish with no fishing stuff, they do get points for that.

Anyway can't wait till next week..........Sundays True Blood, Thursdays Survivor and soon regular CSI..............those are my guilty pleasures.

Got you in b2k

The Mike
09-28-2008, 02:32 AM
Michelle! That was her name....not Jennifer...

Ah....you just "plus one'd" in my book. I love Lesbians. :love

I'm definitely in on the pool.

Mista305
09-28-2008, 10:28 AM
I love this show..because the patriots are not playing this weekend I am going to watch the 2hr episode from Thursday now!!

b24karrot
09-28-2008, 10:55 AM
Ah....you just "plus one'd" in my book. I love Lesbians. :love

Well then we have something in common, cause I LOVE lesbians too..............LOL

Mesa
09-29-2008, 08:17 PM
I love this show..because the patriots are not playing this weekend I am going to watch the 2hr episode from Thursday now!!

I'll sign you up in the pool then. Odds not looking so good to fill up available slots by Thursday. Need to do some more advertising.

b24karrot
09-29-2008, 09:14 PM
C'mon folks who does not want a minty fresh SSC giftcard? It's freeeeeeeee.........

Can not wait until this Thursday, yeah this is really my life, waiting for reality shows to come on.....:rotfl

wofford29
09-29-2008, 09:16 PM
I've not watched a season since the first one. Is anything different other than location and people?

Mesa
09-29-2008, 10:03 PM
I've not watched a season since the first one. Is anything different other than location and people?

It's always different. It's the inter-relationships between members that make it so fascinating.

But to answer your question, the major difference since you watched last is there is now an exile island, where one person of losing tribe gets voted to be there. On that island, there are clues as to an additional hidden immunity idol, which may be within the island, or at their own base camp; it's varied. Each new week, if the idol isn't found, a new clue is revealed. Once found, that immunity idol can be played at any time as long as presented prior to vote count. If played, survivor is safe, and next person with highest votes is out, and immunity idol is replaced. It's changes the dynamics ALOT.

The best was when James the Grave Digger had both idols (one on each island) by playing the game perfectly and didn't use either one before getting voted out.

Mista305
09-30-2008, 05:55 AM
The best was when James the Grave Digger had both idols (one on each island) by playing the game perfectly and didn't use either one before getting voted out.

that was classic survivor....

Mista305
09-30-2008, 05:56 AM
I never watched the first season ironically I thought it was stupid...but now I am into it because I love to study people and see how they interact and the things that different situations will do to them...its also interesting when a super weak player ie Cherie got to the final few not once but TWICE!!!

I would love to see a survivor super all stars with James and Rupert and several others...

Mista305
09-30-2008, 05:56 AM
I'll sign you up in the pool then. Odds not looking so good to fill up available slots by Thursday. Need to do some more advertising.

thanks let me know what I need to do..

ProgMatinee
09-30-2008, 06:25 AM
Sign me up!

BeachBum
09-30-2008, 06:32 AM
I'm in for the pool.

I really hope that they don't mix up the tribes until every last member of the Tribe of Fools is voted OUT! If they are going to be stupid, they should have to pay. Almost every season there is a tribe that makes poor decisions, and they get saved when the tribes get mixed up. Like somebody else said, I want to see a season similar to the one where Stephanie's tribe got pagonged.

lcummins
09-30-2008, 06:43 AM
I like Survivor and is one of only a small group of "reality" shows I watch. I don't need the gift cards though...

ProgMatinee
09-30-2008, 07:12 AM
This is for pride, not gift cards! LOL. Mesa, what say you to randomly assigning a picking order and we draft our survivors? Also, if we only get 8 we can each have 2, either way we assign them.

Anyway, I hate the seasons that aren't competitive in team challenges. Really hope the red team picks it up.

No matter what the producers do it seems teams get mismatched, it doesn't matter if they pick the teams or they let the players pick...

Mesa
10-02-2008, 06:24 PM
This is for pride, not gift cards! LOL. Mesa, what say you to randomly assigning a picking order and we draft our survivors? Also, if we only get 8 we can each have 2, either way we assign them.

Anyway, I hate the seasons that aren't competitive in team challenges. Really hope the red team picks it up.

No matter what the producers do it seems teams get mismatched, it doesn't matter if they pick the teams or they let the players pick...

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing, 8 people, 2 each. I didn't even read this post till after I decided that... Great minds.

I'm about to do drawing now. I have two piles, at first I was going to keep red and yellow names serparate, but I am just going to mix them all up and let the chips fall.

Mesa
10-02-2008, 06:25 PM
1. Jacquie - Yellow
2. Randy - Red
3. Ken - Red
4. Ace - Yellow
5. Dannie - Red
6. Bob - Yellow
7. Susie - Red
8. Matty - Red

order:
Batty
The Mike
B24Karrot
Mista305
Progmatinee
Beachbum
Lcummins
Mesa

Mesa
10-02-2008, 06:32 PM
9. Kelly - Yellow
10. Charlie - Yellow
11. Corine - Yellow
12. Jessica/Sugar - Yellow
13. Dan - Red
14. Marcus - Yellow
15. Crystal - Red
16. Poloma - Yellow

order:
Batty
The Mike
B24Karrot
Mista305
Progmatinee
Beachbum
Lcummins
Mesa

Mesa
10-02-2008, 06:37 PM
SUMMARY

Batty = Jacquie (Yellow) & Kelly (Yellow)
The Mike = Randy (Red) & Charlie (Yellow)
B24Karrot = Ken (Red) & Corine (Yellow)
Mista305 = Ace (Yellow) & Jessica/Sugar (Yellow)
Progmatinee = Dannie (Red) & Dan (Red)
Beachbum = Bob (Yellow) & Marcus (Yellow)
Lcummins = Susie (Red) & Crystal (Red)
Mesa = Matty (Red) & Poloma (Yellow)

Mesa
10-02-2008, 06:51 PM
see post #1 for updated results, ready to start graying eliminated survivors out

b24karrot
10-02-2008, 07:17 PM
^^^^ yeah I got one from each team, can't ask for better odds than that....SWEEEEEEETTTTTT

Thanks for doing this Mesa.............good luck to all :chew

Mesa
10-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Just watching tonight's now. And I'll say it now,I expect Corrnie to go far. Meanwhile, I have Paloma, who will be off soon, if not tonight. Same with Ace, that Boy George wannabe is done for.

Edit: Well, you can tell I didn't cheat, seeing as how one of my survivors si already out.

Ixnay on the alomaPay.

The Mike
10-02-2008, 10:42 PM
GC isn't on the list now that I'm looking at the breakdown. I think it'll come down to Randy vs. GC on their tribe but I'm feeling fairly confident with my assignment of Charlie right now...

Mesa
10-02-2008, 10:45 PM
GC isn't on the list now that I'm looking at the breakdown. I think it'll come down to Randy vs. GC on their tribe but I'm feeling fairly confident with my assignment of Charlie right now...

Crap, I missed someone... :confused:

I used the CBS website to get the pics from. Let me see how to fix it.

Edit: Actually, I got the names writing them down during the first show introduction, now that I think about it.

"GC" = Danny (I incorreclty spelled Dannie), per CBS site. I'll append it now.

All is well.

tomandshell
10-02-2008, 10:49 PM
I have actually never seen an episode of this show.

b24karrot
10-02-2008, 10:50 PM
GC is a jerk.............did you see him in the first challenge tonight, he just bent over and gave up AGAIN,,,,,,that is the second time he has done that crap. Last week while they were digging for the puzzle pieces he just sat on the edge of the hole crying about how tired he was, then tonight when Randy said "Hey we are running out of rice we need to eat less", GC was not hearing any of that. What a MORON with a capital M.

Mesa
10-02-2008, 11:53 PM
GC is a jerk.............did you see him in the first challenge tonight, he just bent over and gave up AGAIN,,,,,,that is the second time he has done that crap. Last week while they were digging for the puzzle pieces he just sat on the edge of the hole crying about how tired he was, then tonight when Randy said "Hey we are running out of rice we need to eat less", GC was not hearing any of that. What a MORON with a capital M.

Yeah, he won't last long. I like Corrine. And my only survivor left, Matty. But still to early to tell. After next week, I'll have a much stronger opionion on all. Funny about that blond pinup girl on exile island, huh?

Edit: Also like old physics guy Bob to got to top 5 or 6, but get picked off because of threat level before final 3.

Batty
10-03-2008, 12:00 AM
What the hell's with Ace's on again off again accent? I can't wait for him to go. He's such a pretentious jerk.

Mesa
10-03-2008, 12:12 AM
My photoshop skill are very limited, and look sort of "scary." :lol:lol:lol Sorry

http://www.members.cox.net/spenner4/survivor 17/week 2_a copy.jpg

Edit: figures, get rid of the 3 hottest babes at first.

b24karrot
10-03-2008, 12:19 AM
What the hell's with Ace's on again off again accent? I can't wait for him to go. He's such a pretentious jerk.
Seriously...............Dude either use the accent all the time or not at all you are making yourself look like a imp...........putz.

Sugar finding the idol made me crack up, especially when she said...."The lawyer couldn't find it but I did"........exactly what I meant when I said Dan thinks way TOO much, gotta give Sugar kudos for that one.

Mesa
10-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Seriously...............Dude either use the accent all the time or not at all you are making yourself look like a imp...........putz.

Sugar finding the idol made me crack up, especially when she said...."The lawyer couldn't find it but I did"........exactly what I meant when I said Dan thinks way TOO much, gotta give Sugar kudos for that one.

He (Ace) reminds me of Boy George. And ARROGANT as hell. You can tell in his smug smile and when he rolls his eyes.

The Mike
10-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Corinne reminds me a lot of Jerri Manthey in looks and attitude. I think that will be her downfall. Charlie I think will do well if he can stop "mooning" over Marcus he reminds a lot of Todd Herzog who won Survivor a couple of seasons ago. I think GC is building his own grave but that can be an asset in Survivor because if you are hated enough people will want to bring to the finals because they feel its an easy win.

b24karrot
10-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Have to catch up this week with the last two weeks so will be watching 3 episodes thursday night........2 on demands then the regular, but I have to say these are the worst ^^^^ed up losers I have ever seen. I mean come on now survivor has had how many seasons? and you are still surprised by stupid ^^^^? Geez you people are dumb asses.

ProgMatinee
10-22-2008, 07:48 AM
This is a disappointing season thus far. Bunch of flakes and losers. I really think Survivor needs to ditch the recruitment search and get the diehard fans that really want to be on the show and have sent in apps for years.

Mesa
10-23-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm about to update where the initial post with who else was booted.

nash
10-23-2008, 06:13 PM
This is a disappointing season thus far. Bunch of flakes and losers. I really think Survivor needs to ditch the recruitment search and get the diehard fans that really want to be on the show and have sent in apps for years.

probably why they let moe do the voiceover. :monkey3

Mesa
10-23-2008, 06:15 PM
"GC" got eliminated #5, correct? who got eliminated #4?] the cbs website isn't as good this year. I'll have to do this in real time from now on.

Edit: Nevermind, found it, it was jacquie.

Mesa
10-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Kelly = #6

shame, one of the few remaining cute girls left.

Batty's out.

316what
10-24-2008, 10:19 AM
I like how they blurred out Crystal's middle finger when she was showing her vote for worthless Kelly lol.

Darth Madden
10-24-2008, 10:24 AM
I like how they blurred out Crystal's middle finger when she was showing her vote for worthless Kelly lol.

For being an olympic relay athlete Crystal doesn't seem to have much endurance.

Batty
10-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Kelly = #6

shame, one of the few remaining cute girls left.

Batty's out.

The Fang tribe is awful. The only person I like is Matty. Everyone else is either weak, dumb or Ace.

I do think it was smart of Sugar to get the idol back from Ace. She seems to be wising up a little about him.

Mista305
10-27-2008, 05:35 AM
imho sugar is the one to watch to win this thing...she doesn seem to "smart" but watch out...

BlindVoyeur
10-27-2008, 05:38 AM
Just say how you feel there, dont SUGAR coat it :rotfl:rotfl

Mesa
11-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Ace/Dan voted out #7/8

Marcus just voted out #9

I really liked the format of tonight's show, very entertaining.

Elder_Predator2
11-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Tonights show was fun to watch. I liked how they set the extra immunity idol a float in the sea....

Mesa
11-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Tonights show was fun to watch. I liked how they set the extra immunity idol a float in the sea....

Yes, I totally thought someone was going to swim after it once the tribes pretended to leave. I would have.

Mesa
11-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Man, tonight's episode was AWESOME!!!!

poor Randy

The Mike
11-20-2008, 10:02 PM
It was a stupid move without the security of the Idol. He deserved it and it was hilarious to watch it unfold

316what
11-21-2008, 12:04 PM
It was a stupid move without the security of the Idol. He deserved it and it was hilarious to watch it unfold

I loved it too. He was all smug during tribal council, grinning and winking to the 2 jury members. Then all of a sudden his expression turned to OH ^^^^^.:rotfl

Mesa
12-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Results are in:

Michelle* - works in "film" = ELIMINATED #1
Gillian* - Nurse/Mom/Grandmom = ELIMINATED #2
Paloma - Student/surfer (Mesa) = ELIMINATED #3
Jacquie - Medical Device Sales (Batty) = ELIMINATED #4
Danny/"GC" - maintenace supervisor (Progmatinee)= ELIMINATED #5
Kelly - assitant manager/buyer (Batty) = ELIMINATED #6
Ace - Conceited Photographer (Mista305) = ELIMINATED #7/8
Dan - Attorney finding himself (Progmatinee) = ELIMINATED #7/8
Marcus - Medical Field (Beachbum) = ELIMINATED #9
Charlie - Management Consultant (The Mike) = ELIMINATED #10
Randy - Wedding Videographer (The Mike) = ELIMINATED #11
Corine - Pharmaceutical Sales (B24Karrot) = ELIMINATED #12
Crystal - Preschool teacher/Olympic Gold Champion (Lcummins) = ELIMINATED #13
Kenny - Professional Video Game player (B24Karrot) = ELIMINATED #14
Matty - Personal Trainer (Mesa) = ELIMINATED #15
Jessica/Sugar - pin-up model (Mista305)=3rd Place
Susie - Part Time Hair Dresser/Mom/Wife (Lcummins)= 2nd Place
Bob - Physics Teacher (Beachbum) = WINNER

Mista, Lonnie, Beachbum: PM me about GC if still interested.

Mesa
12-14-2008, 10:14 PM
A few comments.

Sugar played very well, but imploded during the final vote plea.

Corrine is a serious b!tc#

Edit: Randy was awesome at the finale show

ProgMatinee
12-15-2008, 06:49 AM
This season will go down as one of the worst survivors.

Mesa
12-15-2008, 08:38 PM
This season will go down as one of the worst survivors.

sort of agree. Not all that great. I did like Sugar and what she brought to the game though... and Randy, even though he was a prick.

I want another Rupert-type on survivor. I think the show may be a little over-done by now. Except nothing else to replace it except for Amazing Race. I can do without all the other reality crap on TV... (except Real Word/Rroad Rules/Gauntlet)

BeachBum
12-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Dang! I forgot all about this thread. Agree with the others, this was one of the weaker seasons. Sugar was all over the map. First she was mad 'cuz Kenny tricked her into dumping Ace, then she works with him, before finally switching over to Matty and Bob. Then she dumps Matty and keeps Bob for the final 3??!!! What was that about?

I think my favorite line of the entire season was the tribal when Crystal was eliminated. Sugar is waving her idol in everybody's face, and Probst asks her, 'are you sure that's real?,' and Bob makes a face and says, 'Hey don't look at me, I didn't make that one.'

CLASSIC.

2nd favorite moment of season-- the tribal after Randy got voted off when he came out with the mohawk-- who else was thinking he was gonna go all psycho a la Travis Bickle/Taxi Driver?

Bob was awesome, much of the time they showed him he was making some contraption just like the Professor on Gilligan's Island. I wanna know how he folded a Buff into a bow tie.

Thanks for the contest, Mesa.

Mesa
12-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Guess these items wont be up for the survivor charity auction.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081216/ap_on_go_ot/customs_survivor;_ylt=AtAyIa37L_GOxT6ZpCvpWDcDW7oF

quadcent
12-16-2008, 10:13 AM
as for the one of the worst seasons, i don't know about that, there has been worse.
it seems that any of the seasons that aren't located in a tropical setting with beaches and ocean seem to suffer the same fate.
it could be that the show does seem to be running a little flat lately, and i did like the fact that they did have some unique challenges this season. seems that in the past they have been reworking alot of the old challenges from past seasons.
i'm sure that we'll see another all-star season pretty soon.

DarthNeil
12-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Want to make the show unique again?... Go to a frozen climate where skin won't be on parade.... That's what they haven't done.

Surviving in a frozen tundra...:sick:lol

ProgMatinee
12-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Theres a few reasons. Definately the skin, but also logistics. Its easier to set up the challenges, film, etc in warm weather. Also, they like doing it in places that people wish they can be.

There's a few reasons I didn't like this season, one of which is there was hardly any real tough and bruising physical challenges. Bocce ball? Slingshot golf?

I think one thing that would spark new life is if the tribes were given a calendar of events.

Day 1 Strength Challenge
Day 5 Puzzle
Day 8 Athletic Competition
Day 10 Balance Challenge
etc.

That way it would force the tribes to debate whether they should elimate/keep certain skilled players based on what they knew was upcoming.

Also, another idea is that the winning team has the opportunity to retain the other teams eliminated player in exchange for one of their own.

Darth Madden
12-16-2008, 01:28 PM
i'm sure that we'll see another all-star season pretty soon.

I think they need to do a No-Stars season and bring back people who were voted off 1st or 2nd to see how they would do. And there were a couple really annoying people voted off first so that could be fun.

ProgMatinee
12-16-2008, 02:11 PM
I think they need to do a No-Stars season and bring back people who were voted off 1st or 2nd to see how they would do. And there were a couple really annoying people voted off first so that could be fun.

I'd be down with that. Unfortunately, so many of the 1st and 2nds were old then they might be ancient now. I always felt bad for the one dude that actually got voted out because he was a minister and people were worried he be preaching all the time.

quadcent
12-16-2008, 03:54 PM

that's a good idea, that way the players don't really know each other. not like when ozzie came back to play against the fans, well he always had a target on his back cause everyone knew they couldn't beat him at the challenges. or like someone else said but with a twist at the end of each reward challenge the winning team must also choose to switch one player with the losing tribe.

and also have the chance to bring back previously voted out players from earlier in the game.