Hasbro line officially (NOT) dead???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy Ray

Super Freak
Reaction score
Read it and weep:

Cool Toy Review: Is the German Mechanic figure shown in the second Raiders of the Lost Ark wave scheduled for January going to include any accessories (wrench, removable hat and shirt etc...)?

Also, would it be possible to see a picture of the stands that will be included in this wave as well as Mola Ram without his head dress?

Hasbro: Right now, we are not going to be revealing any more details or information on this wave due to the likelihood that it will not make it out.

Cool Toy Review: What is your internal "doomsday date" to determine the future of the Indiana Jones line at retail? Or, what specific date in the coming months is the "point of no return" for Indy's future? Will there be enough time to "rescue" the line to produce and distribute post-Temple Of Doom/Wave 4 if the Indy line indeed starts to sell at a faster pace?

Hasbro: Right now, it's highly unlikely that the line will continue significantly beyond the holidays this year.

Re: Hasbro line officially dead!

^^^^. Well....ATLEAST I got Henry Jones. Damn this makes me mad.

I think it was the EPISODE I effect. They over-anticipated demand, didn't pace the stuff well at all and just put a ton of stuff out all at once.

Sideshow, on the other-hand, has had the opposite problem. They're killing their own INDY line with a slow burn of apathy.

I think Hasbro's and Sideshow's issue is, they didnt pick the best character(s).
Sideshow shouldnt have done Belloq yet...

As for Hasbro...

They shoulda realised Toht. They shoulda put Belloq with the deluxe ark, they should've had Marion in her dress, and had her atleast look like Allen. They should've released Mola, Short Round, and Henry Jones earlier, mabye threw in the Mechanic, and should've focused less on carded characters like Salah, the Soldiers, Monkeyman...and all those lesser characters that could've, and should've been included as Deluxes.

Salah and Map Room Indy would've been a great 2 pack, Cairo Guard, with Swordsman, Monkeyman with bike...ect.

What we may likely never see (or hopefully they at least ship SOME of this last wave):

Slide68.JPG

All I want is freaking Toht. Why is that so wrong. Hasbro...just release these online. It'll sell there.

I'm not surprised, most kids these days don't even really know who Indiana Jones is and quite possibly they might've already forgotten about KotCS and have NEVER seen the original trilogy movies.

It's tough basing a toyline around a SINGLE CHARACTER FRANCHISE like Indy. Mostly everyone knows Indy and that's IT...no one else is a stand out to them unless you're a big fan and/or collector in this case.

Sad to see it go but I'm not shocked.

This is also a good example of why collectors have every right to carp when 2nd/3rd tier characters get made early on in a line before more more popular ones. So now we have a Monkey Man figure, but no Toht? Fan-freakin-tastic! Way to go, Hasbro! :rolleyes:

Heed this, Sideshow. Because I can actually see the SW 12" line ending before we ever get Chewie or the droids. But, damn... at least we'll have Commander Praji, Endor Rebels and Captain Antilles. Woo-hoo!

Gah! I can deal with not having the rest of that wave, but Toht is an absolute must. Please Hasbro, I beg of you! You already have the mold ready. Please find some way of getting Toht to us!

you know, I'm pretty satisfied with the span of the Hasbro collection. It isn't what I dreamed, but it's pretty good. The Temple of Doom stuff is just starting to show up, so you stand a chance of getting those. (online, at least)

I wish I had never seen the prototypes of the Toht wave...or the other Mighty Muggs that have now been canceled...but what I have, I thoroughly enjoy..

I'll never understand the way retailers handled everything, and the case assortments, but...I've finally got a nice collection of cool figures from Indy...as a kid I would have absolutely flipped over this stuff.

Trev

you know, I'm pretty satisfied with the span of the Hasbro collection. It isn't what I dreamed, but it's pretty good. The Temple of Doom stuff is just starting to show up, so you stand a chance of getting those. (online, at least)

I wish I had never seen the prototypes of the Toht wave...or the other Mighty Muggs that have now been canceled...but what I have, I thoroughly enjoy..

I'll never understand the way retailers handled everything, and the case assortments, but...I've finally got a nice collection of cool figures from Indy...as a kid I would have absolutely flipped over this stuff.

Trev

In a way I can relate to that.

I'm certainly not happy about this news....

But I have a f#@$ing CONVOY TRUCK!!!! :chew

Back