How hard would it be for SS....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oaktown2000

Super Freak
Reaction score
to take the lifesize R2-D2 and C3PO and make them in 1/4 scale to compliment the PF line?

Both of these would be instant purchases if they decided to release them in 1/4 scale. They'd look great next to the Leia PF.

Who would want a 1/4 when you can have
LIFE SIZE

Keep in mind that I'm actually getting the life-sized pieces, but I think there are a lot of reasons people want 1/4 scale droids. First and foremost is the huge huge price difference. I imagine that a 1/4 scale droid would be at least $500 if not more, but that's still 1/10 of the price of the full-sized ones. Plus, they fit in with the rest of the PFs.

SS said they would never make a droid PF.

This is the first I've heard of them saying they would never make a droid PF. When did they say that?

not really so difficult at all..............soak them in a vat of acetone for about...........37 minutes..............then take them out..........they will swell to about twice their size then shrink down 3/4 of the original size............wa-la...........1/4 scale format droids.

I don't see why it would be difficult at all....don't most companies base their mass market molds off of a 2-UP...or in this case 4-UP...sculpt.

Gives me an idea for a new movie, hollywood loves remakes. How about "Honey I shrunk the Droids". I think will see these droids soon.

1/4 scale would not be difficult. SS has lots of other projects to do with new licenses and 1/4 droids would be a low priority, I personally want then in 1/4 scale, I already have a 1:1 scale R2 that happens to be fully functional. and a wearable 1:1 C3P0, there is no reason for me to purchase a life size Droid that will just collect dust in a corner. If sideshow would do 1/4 scale of the two droids they would guarantee to sell out. not sure why they would not, perhaps once the life size ones sell out they may consider. Who really wants to spend over 10k anyway for a piece of furniture.

P.S. They need to make Chewbacca before Droids anyway.

SS said they would never make a droid PF.

Nu-uh. When I paid a visit in 2005, I asked about that and they said nothing about not making them.

Even still, with the success they've had with the licence, I think its safe to say all bets are off and any statement that included 'never' was meant as 'never before 2009'...

The droids were on the that infamous list of PF that Sideshow gave out at the beginning of the line that is now only missing the droids X-Wing Luke and Qui-Gon.

Who would want a 1/4 when you can have
LIFE SIZE

Ummmmmmmmmmm. How about people that don't have $5k+ to spend on this!!! And who might not have the SPACE in their residence!!!!!

I would buy the PF's too :) I think SS should do 1:4 scale R2-D2 and C3PO together on a single base! :rock That would be CLASSIC and a MUST HAVE for many

I think SS should do 1:4 scale R2-D2 and C3PO together on a single base! :rock That would be CLASSIC and a MUST HAVE for many

I would go for a Duel base, but I think it should be done like the Frankenstein and Bride base. give you the option of displaying them together, or on there Individual base separately. I like to change up the display myself and R2 would look good next to Leia as well. When they ever get around to Chewbacca then 3P0 would look good next to him :chew

I think when he said that they won't be producing them, he's referring to a comment made during a Hasbro interview where Sideshow was discussing the 1:6 scale line where they said that the droids weren't a priority on their list since Hasbro's weren't "that bad." Suffice to say that was definitely not a no and has absolutely NOTHING AT ALL to do with PF.

Unless they turn out to be too difficult to product for a reasonable price, they'd be fools not to make droid PFs. I can see why 1/6 scale figures would be more challenging since they would require articulation of some kind, but the PFs wouldn't.

Back