Hello from a Costume Maker in Toronto Canada.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAVIDYR1

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

My name is David and I run a costume making company out in Toronto, Canada called www.universaldesigns.ca

I like to keep busy and current with the kinds of 'gigs' we get, and I thought I'd introduce myself and show some of our latest works.

On a side note, I've collaborated with Sideshow in the past...years ago actually...so here's a shout out to Tom if you're reading this.

A little about the suits and projects we've done in the last while...

Promo Suits for the Toronto Maple Leafs NHL Hockey team.. Captain Maple Leaf, Elvis PresLeaf and Garth Skador...These were introduced this week during the first pre season game.

First, the Pre Game Tailgate Party....Oh and the belt was a little too wide on him which allowed for the chest sides to buckle out. I've since corrected that so the belt holds it all in place properly.

IMG_2449.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

Haze Mantel Costumes for Ubisoft to promote their Haze Video Game..

Untitled-1ll0.jpg

Z-STRAP Superhero for Skechers the Shoe Making company..

1.jpg

Castrol GTXman for Castrol...

ACTION_POSE.jpg

Batwoman and Dawn for the beautiful Liana K..

2701577286_efff2e6950_b.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

Demon Batman from Batman Begins...

swfhkhn.jpg

And last but not least...Leather is always a lot of fun...Wolverine X-Men 2 Leather Costume.

2.jpg

Most of this stuff is up on my site...I say most because I havent had time to add the Toronto Maple Leaf and Dawn projects up there yet....but there's a lot more besides just these suits..and I can only post 10 images here so...LOL....and I'll have a lot more in the very near future to show.

I hope we have some fellow costumers here....Costuming makes the world go around....

Happy to be here.

David

awesome work bro. i used to post back in the day on the spawn board and saw you on there... toronto spawn right?

love your stuff - very high quality! that's so cool that the Leafs contacted you about making some promotional costumes. love the batman one.

I miss toronto. (lived there for 12 years)

Yup that's me. Guilty as charged. :)

1.jpg

donespawn9.jpg

donespawn3.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. :)

David

David, I think I met you at the Fan Expo this year, you had a booth correct? I love the Spawn costume you had, as well as all the leather jackets. Badass work, keep it up :D

Welcome aboard. Now what could you make in 6th scale? Many people to serve here.

Woah...things move fast around here. Thanks again for the warm welcome. :)

P.S. Some ideas for prices on your website would be helpfull

Well we dont sell any unlicensed items to the general public...if that helps any. Times have changed, and for years now we've tried to adapt to the way the industry is evolving. Some of the items shown on my site are one offs, which is the case of the licensed characters meaning DC, Marvel and so on but we do hope that one day we'll be part of the ever growing licensee's list in one way or another....be it in bulk productions or simply a license of our own.

If you have something custom you'd like then feel free to shoot me an email and we'll talk about it.

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words.

David

Back