Guillermo del Toro writing vampire trilogy...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmhicks

Super Freak
Reaction score
original link

https://www.mail.com/Article.aspx?articlepath=APNews\General-Entertainment\20080925\People-del-Toro.xml&cat=entertainment&subcat=&pageid=1

"Pan's Labyrinth" director Guillermo del Toro is collaborating with crime author Chuck Hogan on a trilogy of vampire novels, starting next summer with "The Strain."

"The idea is epic in scope," del Toro said in a statement issued Wednesday by publisher William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins. "The trilogy advances in unexpected ways and each book contains unique and surprising revelations about the history, physiology and lore of the vampiric race, tracing its roots all the way back to its Old Testament origins."

The 43-year-old Del Toro, whose films include the "Hellboy" movies, "Mimic" and "The Devil's Backbone," is best
Other Entertainment Photos
`Pan's Labyrinth' director writing vampire trilogy
known for "Pan's Labyrinth," a surreal take on the Spanish Civil War that came out in 2006 and won three Academy Awards, for makeup, art direction and cinematography.

Hogan's novels include "The Blood Artists," "The Killing Moon" and "Prince of Thieves," which is being adapted into a feature film, starring and directed by Ben Affleck.

forgive me if this has already been posted.. :cool:

Badass! Finally, a possibility of more badass vampire movies. Screw this Twilight nonsense! :lol

I can't wait to see what he does with it! I've been working one in my head for a while now, bringing the fear back into vampire lore.

Does anyone else think that Del Toro is strecthing himself entirely to thin as of late? I mean seriously either this guy is a machine with everything he's attached to or he's human and he's going to have a breakdown.

Does anyone else think that Del Toro is strecthing himself entirely to thin as of late? I mean seriously either this guy is a machine with everything he's attached to or he's human and he's going to have a breakdown.

You mean like the Peter Jackson breakdown of LoTR and King Kong. PJ ended up not sleeping for a year and losing like 900 pounds....I can see the similarities between PJ and Del Toro now............

Ii wouldnt believe all the projects being announced until theyre actually in production.

Id compare it to the long list Tarantino always has, but most of the things on that rumor list never show up.

that said, Im always on board for anyting Del Toro does ... :monkey1

Great news! I loved his Hellboy short story from Odder Jobs. Glad he's getting some original stuff done while Hobbiting.

Erm....am i the only person who see's some slight simularities with the proposed "back to the Old Testament origins." and the origin story of the White-Wolf RP game Vampire the Masquerade?

WhiteWolf went nuts over one little scene in Van Helsing, i imagine they'll go nuts over that too...

sounds interesting :lecture never really been a fan of vampire films, blade 2 being the exception, maybe he can revive my interest.

Erm....am i the only person who see's some slight simularities with the proposed "back to the Old Testament origins." and the origin story of the White-Wolf RP game Vampire the Masquerade?

WhiteWolf went nuts over one little scene in Van Helsing, i imagine they'll go nuts over that too...

I assume you mean Lilith as the mother of all vampires? I can't see anyone claiming intellectual property rights to that idea - it's older than Lilith herself.

Back