Advice on Autograph on statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GondorGirl

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just need a bit of advice, i'm meeting Shane Rangi this weekend and am thinking about getting the Witchking in Trueform statue signed. Firstly, do I get it signed? and secondly, if I do where do you reckon the auto should go, bottom of the base or top of the base so it can be seen?

I've got my Merry statue signed by Dom and Grima statue signed by Brad and they both look really good but this statue is one of my faves so, I'm really not sure what to do so any thoughts are welcome! :D

I vote for bottom of the base, as well. That's where all the info should go. Autographs should never detract from the piece, unless it's a baseball.

I vote against a signature ANYWHERE on this piece; it can't possibly enhance the value, considering the relative obscurity of the actor. On the other hand, it might decrease the value, if re-selling it at some point were ever your inclination.

I dont really like Autograph's on statues. And think they cheapen the look of the piece.
I do however have a leather bound LOTR trilogy book, and have a few spare pages in the front, and there are most of my signatures in there, and think it looks much classier. So imo get on amazon, get a nice quality book, and go that route.

I don't think the autograph would detract from the piece or hurt its value if it was on the bottom. I've seen quite a few statues sell for more because of the autograph. I'd do it on the bottom of the base!! :D

I have Frodo, Sam & Bill, Eowyn, and Gimli statues autographed by the respective actors....all on the top of the base. When friends look at my collection, the first thing they notice are the autos. IMO, the autos do not distract and adds value for me and since I'm not thinking of resell, I just need to please myself.

I'm never thinking of resale but I don't care for autographs on statues personally. To me its a piece of Middle Earth and The Lord of the Rings, not the actor, whether the likeness is there or not; Its just a personal opinion.

The bottom of the base.

It's nice to have a real autograph there, beside the "fake" ones, but I think it's not really nice to have it on top of the base...

But, it's your choise, what do you like?

Yeah i'd say the bottom,if you ever want to sell it it wont put off the people who dont like auto's too much but at the same time still attract the ones who do.....

Its what you prefer at the end of the day,what makes you happier!

I would definately say the bottom of the base.
Ive got several Bowen and Moore items signed and they are all under the base, they dont detract from the item or base,whereas if you were to have it signed on top of the base I think it would.
x :peace

I'd say bottom of the base as well... I think that way you still have the auto of the actor, but if its in a place that doesn't distract from the piece.

Thanks everyone for the advice, to be honest I think I'm just gonna leave it and get the Wiki bust signed! :chew:rotfl

Thank god for that!! I had my base of the WK in True Form signed, and Shane said it was the only WK in True Form in the world that he had signed (mind you, that was 2 years ago :D).

I had it signed on the top of the base, and I'm glad I did that. Just one word of advice tho, ask him up front to write the name of the character right. When I had my base signed, he signed it with:

Witch King of Agmar.

When I pointed out the mistake to him, he was really surprised. He said: "I've always thought it was Agmar! I've said it wrong ever since playing the role." Sala Baker (who played Sauron) sat next to him and had a good laugh. Fortunately, the error was pretty easy to correct.:rotfl

Thanks everyone for the advice, to be honest I think I'm just gonna leave it and get the Wiki bust signed! :chew:rotfl

GOOD IDEA!!!

I would NEVER, NEVER have mine signed ANYWHERE....:horror:horror
I think it does cheapen the "look" of the item with that crappy silver paint pen that ends up looking like a kindergarden art project!!!:sick:horror:sick...
Like it was stated already this is the LOTR and the actor is on screen for what 30 seconds....:rolleyes:

Back