Which is your favorite Sideshow 1/6 line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Sideshow 1/6 line(Movie or TV) is your favorite?

• Total voters
I much as I am devoted to the Buffy line, the Vintage Monsters will always be my first, and truest, love.

cftbl.jpg

While each line has it's pro's and con's, I think that the Buffy line is the best in terms of sculpts and depth. I think only the Willow figure is sub-par in temrs of sculpt, and the diversity of the line is pretty great (although a few too many Spikes/Angels, while others are still missing). That being said I haven't seen the Planet of the Apes up close, but the reviews that Michael Crawford does sure makes them look amazingly well done.

i voted buffy -- not only are the figures (for the most part) executed extremely well in terms of sculpting, accessories and costuming, but i love the source material, so they'll always have that extra bit of emotional value, to me anyway.

That's damned hard to choose, because my favorite thing about the SS lines are their variety of licenses, I'm not loyal to just one. I get smatterings of nearly all of them.
In fact, that's my answer, so I can't vote.

I'll just say my favorite Sideshow line is their 1/6th Doctor Who line as a shameless plug to get them to actually make one!!!

Wyrmn3500,
I have to agree with you about the emotional attachment to the Buffy Figures being the element that raises the bar for this line. The sculpts are generally great (Sorry Willow :horse ), the clothing is terrific, and the accessories only keep improving. I have gotten all of the Modern Horror Line, some of the Universal Monsters Line (which brings up fond memories of Svengoolie, a local horror program), the Hellboy line, the Python line, the Spinal Tap guys and so on. While the John Cleese Python sculpt is great, or Kroenen, Frankenstein, or Derek Smalls, the stories from Buffy have a special resonance, and the figures really capture the spirit of the show.

Uni Monsters HANDS DOWN.... Although, Star Wars is going to be a very close 2nd..... :rock

I thought about including Star Wars but didn't because we have yet to see any of the product.........But that is most likely not the case in your situation.

Ah yes.... I voted hastily, and was originally thinking Star Wars (hence the 'other' vote)... But realized afterward that it probably shouldn't count since it's not an 'active' line yet.

Even if it were officially on the poll, I don't think it will ever surpass the Uni Monsters as my fav.

Back