Which SW character will be the first on a Prometheus body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puay

Super Freak
Reaction score
We have yet to see any Star Wars character to appear on the new Prometheus body.

Who is most suitable? I would think of the remaining unreleased characters like Jango Fett, TPM Kenobi or Count Dooku. The more action orientated ones.

I am concern whether will the Prometheus look out of place standing next to the majority of Buck figures in our collection?

Last edited:
I'd rather that they all stay on the buck for uniformity.

That is what I am hoping for when SSC releases TPM Kenobi, considering the fact that he will be fighting Maul along side Qui-Gon which are both on Bucks.

Last edited:
We seriously need some Sith Lords!

If say SS releases a new SW figure on the Pro body, I will replace that figure's body with the Buck and use the Pro body for my SS Sith Anakin or Jedi Anakin. :)

Doubt we see Boba or Jango on the Pro, as they'll have to be on the armored figure body.

Didn't someone say that Sideshow created the Pro with G.I. Joe in mind? :confused: Makes me wonder if we even will see a Prometheus-based SW figure.

Doubt we see Boba or Jango on the Pro, as they'll have to be on the armored figure body.

Didn't someone say that Sideshow created the Pro with G.I. Joe in mind? :confused: Makes me wonder if we even will see a Prometheus-based SW figure.

I feel military figures do not work well on the Buck. Posture like holding a weapon close to the chest is not achievable with a Buck. This is quite visible in comparison with a standard HT figure. It does make good sense that the more flexible Pro is created with G.I. Joe in mind.

I agree with that. And I've only recently started picking up figures from Medicom and Hot Toys, so I'm finally understanding why people feel that the Buck is inferior.

Assuming that the Pro is in the same vein as figures from Hot Toys (as they helped to design it), I'd love to see any and all future Star Wars figs released on the Pro (and, of course, the new armored body when appropriate). As it is, I'm seriously considering canceling such figures as Ki-Adi-Mundi and Captain Antilles.

Or, better yet: After finally opening my eyes and experiencing the competition, the Buck stops here. :lol

I'd say the first Pro Star Wars figure will be one that's been under development for a short period, once the Pro was ready, and a character of importance with a high ES. Since the unveiling of the new body, we've only had low ES background characters and armored important ones. It'll be a Luke or Han or Obi-Wan or Anakin, someone like that where SSC will feel the added cost of the alternate body won't bother collectors. They'll have enough troubles selling Ki-Adi, Fleet Trooper and Captain Antilles at $70 on a Buck, if those guys were like $90 on the Pro, far less folks would be buying them. $90 Obi-Wan Kenobi on a pro from Episode 1 will sell very well.

I'm not so sure I agree with that Maulfan, I think that if Ki, The fleet troop, and the good captian had been on the Pro, MORE people would be interested. Many people are saying they are not buying into the star wars line at the moment BECUASE of the buck. Just my 0.02$ though.

Well, I know the Buck is a deterring factor, but I imagine those background guys would also cost more on the Pro. I think folks griping about the Buck on them want to see them as $70 Pro figures, which I don't think would be the case, I think they're down at $70 because of the Buck.

The strange thing is Belloq being a Pro figure, it makes no sense with him unless they felt his costume would look best on the Pro, hard to say, but it definitely isn't poseability or anything, in that regard he'd be fine on a Buck.

I'm betting the next, non-armored important character SSC debuts a 1/6 for is on the Pro, except if it's Tarkin, I'm sure he'll be on a Buck, which is ok, they've already got an Imperial uniform pattern to fit the Buck.

Could be either. But the reason that I think they put Belloq on the pro, Is I'll wager it is theri intent to put the entire indy line on the Pro body.

this may be a stupid question, but, what will the difference be in this new body? and are there any figures using it right now?

What you have to remember is that the Pro premiered and most figures that will be on it have been delayed or are still a good ways off. What that means is that the figures we are seeing from a high figure release section like Star Wars have been in works for so long that they weren't planned for the Pro. I guarantee you that once the "cashe" of figures that are already sitting in the pipeline to continue revenue are gone then you'll see all the releases on the Pro. The Indiana Jones line is stagnant and doesn't look to be picking up anytime soon and it doesn't help that they are on the Pro. They can't afford for Star Wars figures, a huge cash cow without argument, to be delayed or bottlenecked by issues with the Pro.

Technically, Vader is the first SW figure with the Prometheus. Granted, it is a scaled up version of the body made specifically for Vader figures. Since they made it though, I'm sure we'll see it on other figures as well.

Technically, Vader is the first SW figure with the Prometheus. Granted, it is a scaled up version of the body made specifically for Vader figures. Since they made it though, I'm sure we'll see it on other figures as well.

Sideshow said Vader is the armor body modified for Vader, not the Pro.

Back