Okay, I give . . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxbeard

PF Pirate
Reaction score
What is this rep power stuff?

I've tried finding the answer, but so far have been unable to locate any info on it. And I've noticed others post the question in other threads. So, what is it and how does it work?

oxbeard said:
What is this rep power stuff?

I've tried finding the answer, but so far have been unable to locate any info on it. And I've noticed others post the question in other threads. So, what is it and how does it work?

Basically its a way to let people know what you think about them. In other words you can bash the hell out of someones rep on the board. Like me for example when I click on User CP I have 4 black stones which are bad and 1 green. I personally think they should be gotten rid of because its going to allow or more troublesome members to take shots at the ones that stand up to them.

Thanks Josh. Makes a little more sense now. And I can see how it could definitely get out of hand, I agree it may be something best left off.

On a side note though, I just noticed that you can ignore certain posters. I think this is a pretty cool feature (if we had it on ezboard, I never found it). Definitely could prove useful in certain circumstances.

oxbeard said:
Thanks Josh. Makes a little more sense now. And I can see how it could definitely get out of hand, I agree it may be something best left off.

On a side note though, I just noticed that you can ignore certain posters. I think this is a pretty cool feature (if we had it on ezboard, I never found it). Definitely could prove useful in certain circumstances.

No problem. I expect it will very shortly.

Nah you could in PM but never with posts. I could see that being used by lots of members here.

I'm confused... Josh it says you are on a distinguished road just like it does for everyone else i have checked? Your number is the highest too. I'm not seeing how that is bad or bashing?

Mutant Enemy said:
I'm confused... Josh it says you are on a distinguished road just like it does for everyone else i have checked? Your number is the highest too. I'm not seeing how that is bad or bashing?

I know it says I have 12. In my user cp it shows some black stones and green which means good and bad. Not sure how that effects what you see though.

Ok so what about the report a bad post sign?

Oh and please, this is not a bad post -- don't report me. :huh

But what about that "sign?" I notice most people have one, I feel left out. :anya2

HighElven said:
Matt, I don't think they appear on your own posts if your logged in. You have one from where I'm looking.

Thanks, makes sense now. :winkpumpk

Lots of people have stated their reservations with it. And I'd think Diesel would be one that would be glad to see it gone.:taz

LOTRFan said:
Ok so what about the report a bad post sign?

Oh and please, this is not a bad post -- don't report me. :huh
It is a reporting tool, it will send an email to the mods/admins assigned to the board to let the posters report problem posts (spam, harassment, whatever else might be specified in the code of conduct) without having to send an individual pm or wait for a mod to run across a post.

Darklord Dave said:
Lots of people have stated their reservations with it. And I'd think Diesel would be one that would be glad to see it gone.

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

I think the "Report Bad Post" feature is GREAT! It'll hopefully allow people to
just click and report someone who is being a jack@$$ instead of getting into
flame wars that can go on for several pages, and drag down the board.

A very nice improvement! Bravo! :duff

Well now that I know how to use it, I am reporting you for being a snitch, no one likes a snitch! :wacky

Back