Hot Toys- JC Hong's paint work on the new Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Just had some promotiomnal stuff sent through from Hot Toys, thought you'd all like to see it-

image001.jpg
image001.jpg
image001.jpg

Familiar yourself with collectible head painting & Know more about JC Hong

Not widely known among collectors and Hot Toys fans, JC Hong – a talented Korean painting artist in collectible market, who had passed his unique painting technique on to various sculptors and painters in Korea. We can say JC Hong is a mentor of most of the Korea collectables’ artists in the market. He is also the Chief Paint Art Director of Hot Toys Ltd., besides of painting prototype head-sculpture, his main mission is to ensure the painting on the final product is accurate with the prototype.
JCHong.jpg

From the time JC became a key member of Hot Toys, with the densely workloads, he seldom has a chance to present his absolute outstanding paint work on a figure. Today, JC would like to demonstrate a very different version of THE JOKER figure, and share his great paint job to all of our fans!

Comparison between the original product picture and repainted version by JC:
OriginalVersion.jpg

JChong_repaintedJoker_01.jpg

This demonstration perfectly reveals JC’s superb technique, especially the original Joker head has been upgraded to another impression/ presentation after touched by his magic hands! When you focus on The Joker’s eyes, it’s like he’s looking at you!
JChong_repaintedJoker_03.jpg

JChong_repaintedJoker_04.jpg

Some collectors may ask, “Why don’t Hot Toys use this higher-quality sculpt and paint as the promotional picture?” As a responsible collectible manufacturer, we wanted to present a picture which will be 100% close to the final product in solicitation, NOT a false impression.

Because Hot Toys and JC understood that this complicated and perfect painting job is impossible to apply on the final product due to technical reasons. And most importantly, Hot Toys don’t want to disappoint our collectors!

Nevertheless, Hot Toys is ready to take this challenge with improved techniques and aims to bring you a real masterpiece product in the nearly future.

Lastly, JC has promised to release his personal paint job on his blog (https://blog.naver.com/tiger231) sometime, so please stay tuned at https://HotToys.com.hk as we’ll bring you more news very soon!
JChong_repaintedJoker_02.jpg

JChong_repaintedJoker_06.jpg

Last edited:
Re: JC Hong's paint work on the new Joker

I am impressed.
Best Joker paint I have seen.

Thank you for posting thes photos!

Unbelievable paint job.

I know recently some people have questioned HT and their commitment to excellence in the 1/6 industry, but I believe that this article shows that they really are interested in getting consumers the best product possible.

ehm, i didn't completly understand. is hot toys going to release now another joker in an ultimate-edition or what does this mean?

Nevertheless, Hot Toys is ready to take this challenge with improved techniques and aims to bring you a real masterpiece product in the nearly future.

Not to be silly, but the picture showing a hand holding the figure was really jarring. I was totally taken in by the paint job, but to see a giant hand holding a miniature Heath Ledger Joker was bizarre. The first few closeups are breathtaking, and the paint work in the eyes is incredibly lifelike!

Not to be silly, but the picture showing a hand holding the figure was really jarring. I was totally taken in by the paint job, but to see a giant hand holding a miniature Heath Ledger Joker was bizarre. The first few closeups are breathtaking, and the paint work in the eyes is incredibly lifelike!

:lol I actually felt the same way as I scrolled down the pics. It's just sooo lifelike.

So we're getting this version?This is the one we're gonna have in hand?The article has me confused.I'm hungover.

ehm, i didn't completly understand. is hot toys going to release now another joker in an ultimate-edition or what does this mean?

The way I understand it is, they are saying, at this present time, with the manufacturing and paint application techniques available to them the new Joker head (labled Hot Toys original product picture) is the best available end product they can make, and lets face it, the competition is still at the blocks.
But they are developing techniques that will make them able to achieve an end result closer to JC Hongs originals.

Thanks for sharing wookster. INCREDIBLE!

I am a little confused too. Fully understand we won't be getting this quality as would be near impossible to produce this standard on all figures, BUT when it says he will release it soon, does that mean more pics, or a service to have the standard repainted?

The way I understand it is, they are saying, at this present time, with the manufacturing and paint application techniques available to them the new Joker head (labled Hot Toys original product picture) is the best available end product they can make, and lets face it, the competition is still at the blocks.
But they are developing techniques that will make them able to achieve an end result closer to JC Hongs originals.

Ah, thanks. So they're trying to reach this quality. But they've only time till december, so I hope they wont releasing then after some months another ultimate Joker version. :rolleyes:

but anyway, thank you very much for the pics. it's really awesome!

I love this line...

lmao, yeah that's the promise I want. Release that ^^^^ into my hands! :lol

That's what I don't get though, wil he just be putting up an article and pics on his blog, or actually offering his services to repaint the standard BR Joker head?

Back