knight rider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadcent

Super Freak
Reaction score
hey watched this last night, just wondering if anyone else did and what they thought about it.
imo unless it gets better, i don't think it'll make the season. going the way of the bionic women.

I was, and I still am to this day, a HUGE fan of the original Knight Rider. I was happy to hear that they were doing a "reboot" of the series. I watched the pilot movie for this new Knight Rider this summer. I liked it. K.I.T.T. is now a new model Mustang that can morph, and other great traits.

Anyway, I hope it lasts longer than one season. I know I'll be watching every week. David Hassellhoff had a small cameo in the new Knight Rider movie pilot this summer. Hopefully he'll pop up from time to time in this new series. I'd love to see the old Michael Knight sit behind the wheel of the new K.I.T.T. just one time sometime this season. Just for "old times sake"! :D

Thought it was awful. The acting from everyone is horrible. The CGI is bad, even for a tv show. Michael Knight never used a gun, so neither should his kid. The car with the stupid neon lights should have just been a riced out Honda Civic.

I thought it was pretty bad. Neither the lead actor nor the car have the same charisma as their 80's counterparts, and that Asian chick is the most annoying thing since Jar Jar.

Did anyone else think the lead actress bore a strong resemblance to Megan Fox? Between her and the transforming KITT, I half expected to see Shia LeBouf and Bumblebee come strolling in.

The two hour movie was interesting and a gave me some hope. But the show just flopped the acting was horrible and lines like "you have to get that finger back at all costs" were awful. It was just terrible.

I had thought the reviews for this first episode had been good. But I don't see how. The female leads are kind of hot - but the show...wow. I don't think I've ever seen a TV show that had so much non-stop action in it though.

I saw the pilot after it first aired... pretty horrendous. Not the worst thing ever, but IMO just a dumb idea to try and reboot something like Knight Rider.

I was kinda ok with Kitt until he transformed into a truck. I thought that was a bit much.

Anybody remember that show from the 90s..."Viper"?

viper_1994-1999.jpg

The show was gawd-awful, but I was young and didn't care :lol

Yeah, I remember it. I was in my 20s at the time. The cool looking car was the best thing about that Viper show!

I will give this show another try. I liked the pilot, the first episode was OK at best. The plot is interesting but the acting is poor. This seems like it should have been a SciFi channel original series which is probably where it will end up. As for K.I.T.T. I like it as a mustang especially since Trans Ams no longer exist as far as I know and the Camaro is already taken by transformers so they couldn't use that probably due to some sort of copyright thing but who knows.

The acting is really what makes it laughable. I mean, bad cgi is expected for a show like this, but the acting was on par with some of the worst Sci Fi orginal movies...and this is coming from a huge orginal Knight Rider fan. I also found most of the characters to be uninteresting. Hopefully they figure out a winning formula and stick to it.

Ok......so I happen upon this weeks episode and the evil KARR is a now a transformer....voiced by Optimus Prime himself Peter Cullen????

He didn't even try to change the voice up.

Granted Cullen provided the voice for the original KARR but he wasn't an evil transformer back then......WTF!!!!!

*puts his hand up sheepishly at the back*

umm... I do :lol

I'm in the UK and we're about 4 or 5 episodes in I think. I watched the pilot more out of curiosity than anything else... and I wasn't expecting it to be any good.

And it wasnt, lol

BUT... it's one of those guilty pleasures for me. I KNOW it's rubbish, and I KNOW some of the acting is bad (not as much as you'd think... most of it is the bad scripts and direction), and I KNOW the in-car driving scenes couldn't look any more like they were stationary in a studio if they tried :lol

BUT... I enjoy it :D ...it makes me laugh sometimes, and I guess I like the whole talking car/investigator dynamic that I liked in the original show.

(which, lets not forget ALSO had terrible acting/scripts etc... we were just all MUCH younger back then ) ;)

so yeah... I watch this. And I'm not gonna hide it lol

Back