Who exactly did Two-Face Killed??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapitoMX

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok, this is something that was bothering me since I first saw the Dark Knight. Now I Have seen it 4 times(all in Imax) in July. I recently has an opportunity to see it again and what is bugging me is what Gordon said in the end when Two-Face is "dead" and he is talking to Batman. Gordon says about Harvey Two-Face and i quote, " 5 dead, 2 of them cops". Now someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I only counted 3 dead and 1 of them a cop. He kills Det. Wuertz in the bar, then Salvatore Maroni's driver in which I assume Salvatore Maroni himself dies in the car accident, which if true only makes 3 total dead in which 1 of these 3 was a cop. Now I know he goes to Det. Anna Ramirez but when Two-face toss the coin it lands on the "clean side" because he says, "You live to fight another day" then she gets punched. So unless I missed something(unless some scenes were cut out) how did Gordon get "5 dead, 2 of them cops"?? Any answers out there??

We have a Dark Knight thread, its already been discussed there. No body seems to know. Either Gordon's line was just wrong or some scenes were cut/alternate (ie Ramirez might have died in an alternate take). Also, there is a guy that Two-face grabs before he gets into the limo, so that could be a confirmed 4th with Ramirez from an alternate take.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOOjM08zH5o

Around the 3-4 second mark on the left. Watch closely.

Did not know there was another thread on this topic, but I am just glad that I wasn't going crazy on this one.................. but I hope there is an explanation for this sometime in the near future because it just gonna keep bothering me:banghead. Anyways, thanks for the info.

Last edited:
did Gordon mean the two cops at the hospital that the Joker shoots? Maybe they think that Dent killed them when he escaped?

Well, there were the two cops in the hospital, Wuertz, the Maroni trio (Maroni, bodyguard, and driver). Ramirez is not included, as she was just ^^^^^ slapped. That's more than five.

As an aside, who were the five people Joker referred to in the interrogation scene? ("you let five people die")

And, also, only minutes later, Joker refers to SIX people when he is talking to the guy about "how to use a knife."

Ahh, this is confusing.

Wouldn't the Commissioner count as the second cop? Harvey didn't kill him, but his death was because of Harvey's crusade against the mob.

We have a Dark Knight thread, its already been discussed there. No body seems to know. Either Gordon's line was just wrong or some scenes were cut/alternate (ie Ramirez might have died in an alternate take). Also, there is a guy that Two-face grabs before he gets into the limo, so that could be a confirmed 4th with Ramirez from an alternate take.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOOjM08zH5o

Around the 3-4 second mark on the left. Watch closely.

Holy crap dude! I've seen the movie 5 times (3 in IMAX) and I NEVER noticed the guy being grabbed. Guess I wasn't paying as much attention like I should have been. :lol
Must be the ADHD. :D

Thought about this one since the movie came out.

Dent has to be included in the list of dead. That's an easy one. He's one of the deaths that they will have to account for.

The last one is trickier, but I guess Ramirez has to be the last. No answer has really satisfied me but I assume Gordon was mistaken or Dent killed her off camera.

As an aside, who were the five people Joker referred to in the interrogation scene? ("you let five people die")

Just guessing but:

1) Fake Batman
2) Commissioner
3) Judge
4) Patrick "Harvey"
5) Richard "Dent" The two dead bodies where Batman extracts the bullet.

Back