Code 3 VS MR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jesseawilson

I have never seen any of the SW vehicles in person. I was interested in getting some and since SS won't be doing them I guess I will have to look elswhere.

The creepy looking little poeple in the Republic Gunship are kind of throwing me off of C3 a little. And of course the price is throwing me off of the MR. Have any of the C3 products shipped yet, what do they look like in person?

Jesse

I have the Falcon, X-wing, Slave I signature series, and the Republic Gunship. I love them all and think the quality is excellent, especially when compairing the price of Code 3 to MR.

The RGS is the first one to have the miniature troopers and Yoda. I think they add a lot to the displayability, but I would like to see more dynamic poses.

I'm still waiting for their AT-AT which I believe is due out later this year.

I have the same dilemma Jesse. I really think that the vehicles of the Star Wars universe are an important part of any collection. However, the MR pieces are too expensive and the Code 3 ones look too small.

I'm mainly looking at the AT-ST right now along with the Republic Gunship. I know that Darth Vader's TIE is coming later this year, and that's the one really interests me. It would be cool to have a Code 3 ship displayed beside each SS or GG statue. Vader w/ his TIE, Luke w/ X-Wing, Han w/ Falcon, etc.

The creepy looking little poeple in the Republic Gunship are kind of throwing me off of C3 a little. And of course the price is throwing me off of the MR. Have any of the C3 products shipped yet, what do they look like in person?

I actually think the little fellows look better in person than in the pictures. Looks pretty awesome!

Are they big enough to have nice detail? They are metal correct? How do they work with they parts being removable, they don't fall off or anything? What is the difference between the "Signature" collection besides the plaque and the acrylic top? the statue is the same quality correct?

Do you think the small figures in the RPGS makes it look to toyish?

With the size difference between MR and C3 it probably wouldn't look right having them in the same collection, right?

I read the ATST is due out in a couple of weeks, anyone else?

Jesse, all of the ones I have have excellent detail. And now that I think about it I should correct myself, the x-wing does have a miniature R2 unit which looks awesome.

They are diecast and the removable panels are magnetic and hold into place. I have not had any fall off, but once I set them up in their display I don't mess with them much either. I have heard people complain that the little magnetic tool you receive to remove/replace the panels with can scratch the panels but I have not experienced that myself.

You are correct that the only difference with the signature series is the signed plaque and the case. As a matter of fact if you become a collectors club member they run presell promos on some of their pieces that you get a case for free.

Size comparisons between Code 3 and MR I think would have to be on a case by case basis. From the dimensions I have seen quoted on the AT-AT both should come in with only minor differences in size. But say with the Millenium Falcon, Code 3 is much smaller than the rumored 32" MR Falcon. Of course, I expect the price to be significantly larger on the MR version too.

I have my RGS displayed with my Busts and statues and it looks awesome with them. I cant wait to get the Clone Ops helm to sit next to it.:banana

For me one of the best things about the RGS is the battle worn look they gave it. Very awesome!

SO if I were to invest in the C3 line will they be doing all the ships I am going to want? Their license doesn't have any exclusions does it? I judge from your post that they will be doing a ATAT as well? What other ships beside the aforementioned TIE fighter will they be doing?
And how do join the "club"?

Jesse

This was reported on RS around TF this year.

So far four have been confirmed, Republic Gunship, Vader's TIE, AT-AT, and Scout Walker

They did report they speculated on several other future releases with Code3 but nothing else confirmed at that time.

You become a Collector's Guild Member automatically with your first purchase directly through Code3. Of course, you have to way the + and -. Retailers especially our board dealers sell them considerably cheaper. Direct through Code3 can get you the occasional free case, installment plans, and occasional free shipping offers as well.

I have read that the bases with the glassy look feel nice and heavy but on the RGS it feels light and plasticy, toyish even. Can anyone comment on this. I was really only thinking of buying the OT ships unless something really caught my fancy. The comment about the RGS concerns me because in the pics of the ATST, the base looks the same as the RGS.

Jesse

The bases on the OT are made out resin, the base for the RGS and AT-ST are made out of wood.
Code 3 said they did this because the resin bases although heavier were easier scratched and damaged. While the wood base with felt cover although lighter stood up more to damage. That is what Code 3 said on the subject of the base.

You become a Collector's Guild Member automatically with your first purchase directly through Code3

What are the pro's then?

I'm in Europe so buying from them directly means higher retail than most dealers but also heavy custom taxes...

I have the C3 X-wing SE and feel the quality is very
good. Can not compare to MR as I only have their
Luke Elite saber.

The C3 base is much heavier than MRs.

Doomhammer, international customers probably suffer the same problem they have with other companies. No real postives as compaired to US customers. Of course, I'm not the best to speak on this since I'm a US customer.

I do remember however, someone from the boards who is an international customer and racked up pretty nicely with Code3's april fool's day sale. They offered free shipping on all instock items order april 1st and this applied to international shipping as well. Of course, that only comes around once a year. :bonk

Hi Everyone,

It's funny. I never gave them a second look and we just placed our first order for product. It's coming in next week. I spoke to several people who already owned them and they all said they were really well done. In my mind, they are not Icons, but they're supposed to be really nice. We shall see.

Thanks,
Mike
:ted

Well I ordered the X-Wing and Acrylic case, so we will see when it gets here. If they are as nice as I hear then I will pick up the rest ASAP.

MR has only released the Snow Speeder and the AT-AT correct? What are their future plans for the SW lineup?

Jesse

Hi Jesse,

MR has an AT AT Part 2 scheduled. It supposed to be limited to between 500-750 pieces. It's the same scale as the original AT AT and has a snow base instead of a mirrored base and it also has a small scale snowspeeder crashed/burried in the snow. It's also supposed to be signed by the creator of the AT AT (I think that's who is signing them if memory serves me correct). The retail will be $1500.00 range. I saw it at Toyfair. I'm happy with the first AT AT. I'm not sure if I am going to pick this one up.

Thanks,
Mike
:ted

Jesse, MR are planning another ATAT with a different base that includes a crashed snow speeder.

The other thing I have heard about is the Falcon rumor that surfaced at CIII. Not sure if this has been confirmed or not yet though.

But are they planning a new AT-AT? :lol

Yeh I heard the Falcon was goign to something like 32 or 36 inches across. That's insane!!

The way I look at it I am not budgeted to spend $10,000+ to collect all the ships I am going to want from MR so thats why I am hoping the C3 ones are pretty nice. I should be able to get all the ones I want for closer to $2000-$3000

Jesse

Back