Finally The Wait Is Over

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
Man, what an amazing piece. :rock I know like I haven't said this before :p Like many of you I've been waiting for this piece since the day it went up for sale which was Jan 21st 2004. We've had many push backs on this piece and been tempted by developmental pics, final sculpt pics, and pics of this piece at shows. Hell, it was only a couple months ago that I saw this piece at SDCC but I can tell you that having him along with seeing him again just totally makes me just jaw drop.

The detail in this piece is so well done all the little ingravings on his armor as well as the spikes are just freaking awesome! Even on his cape the detail done in it is beyond cool on top of that the way the mud is done is very very nice as well. The Ring is maybe the best touch of all the things done on this statue. It looks just like it came out of the Fires of Mt. Doom! The pose is very very freaking nice! As I said when the pics of this piece hit they captured that part of the movie, and what was in my head of what this piece might look like ever before we saw pics.

He is a heavy SOB! Probably the heaviest piece I personally own. He makes the CT look small in both of size and weight. I felt sorry for the poor Fed-Ex guy having to carry two of these up the hill to my house.

In the end I take my cap of to SSW for making this piece the ABSOLUTE BEST PIECE OF THE LOTR LINE!

Congrats Josh! The mud circles on yours look significantly better than the ones that VM posted earlier. I don't mind them at all on yours. I agree completely about this being the best possible pose for Sauron. An amazing, amazing piece.

elwood49 said:
Congrats Josh! The mud circles on yours look significantly better than the ones that VM posted earlier. I don't mind them at all on yours. I agree completely about this being the best possible pose for Sauron. An amazing, amazing piece.

Thanks Elwood! I looked at those right away to see how they came out and thought they where not noticeable at all.

Thanks Dwim! It's even bigger looking next to the CT than if its next to Pippin IMO.

Yowza. Great shots. Especially beside the cave troll for size comparison. I envy you and all the others who have this piece in their collection right now! :clap I'm joining the club next week since mine is coming real soon. What #'s did you receive Josh?

Yeah, like I said it's an amazing piece one that you have to see to believe how amazing IMO.

I got #134.

I don't think I've come across this yet in anyone's posts but I'm still curious about the packaging. Is it "a la Luke Skywalker" or just like they've always done?

Slurms said:
I don't think I've come across this yet in anyone's posts but I'm still curious about the packaging. Is it "a la Luke Skywalker" or just like they've always done?

Just as they have always done. You have the brown shipping box but it has the four corners of the regular box protected by styrofoam. Then inside the regular box its as normal with that kind of styrofoam. You have the base to one side, head, mace, and footspikes on the other. The body is in the middle of the inner styrofoam.

Thanks for the comparison pics with the Cave Troll. Cavey don't look all that impressive anymore. :wacky

What other statue are you going to put him along side with? Pip?

Silverbc3 said:
Thanks for the comparison pics with the Cave Troll. Cavey don't look all that impressive anymore. :wacky

What other statue are you going to put him along side with? Pip?

Your welcome on the comparison. Someone asked for that the other day so I thought what the heck and since thats where Sauron is going to stay figured I snap up a pic of those two. The CT is a bad ass still but Sauron is a holy **** piece thats for sure.

Right now nothing as far as next to other pieces. He is so dam heavy I won't be moving him anytime soon.

Congrats Josh,
I think this is the best piece that SSW has ever made.
I hope that i receive mine this week, i can't wait.

i wonder what does those 'spot' mud prints supposed to be.

at least it isn't in a very uniform manner for this piece. is it me or does the mace looks slightly crooked/bent to me?

Last edited:
I think the spots on Jl's piece looks alot better than the other picks we saw, his look more random not uniform like the other piece.

Back