DC Direct TDK 1:2 Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1dkjokerbust.jpg

1dkbatbust.jpg

I don't really know what to think about them. They don't really blow me away in terms of looks, but then again they are 1:2 scale (basically the size of Sideshow's Marvel LSB's.) I do think the Joker looks better than the Batman, but that's just my opinion. It's probably one of those pieces that looks much better in person.

Neither of them are really doing anything for me, the hot toys 1/4 busts captured the look and personality of the characters far better I think

Joker looks a little too broad in the shoulders. The head almost looks like an enlarged version of the 13" Joker. Looks a little awkward. Batman looks better, but not by much. Easy pass epecially due to the price.

Mh, I don't like both of them. The Joker looks like a grandpa and a bit fat. Also the painting is horrible.

Batman looks ok, only his eyes seems to be a bit weird...

Hot Toys’ bank robber Joker sculpt runs circles around that 1:2 scale bust. In a perfect world DC would stop being “Direct” and grant Sideshow the license so we could get some 1:1 Dark Knight busts. The fact that we’ll never have quality Joker, Two-Face, and Batman full-scale busts makes me sad.:monkey2

Hot Toys’ bank robber Joker sculpt runs circles around that 1:2 scale bust. In a perfect world DC would stop being “Direct” and grant Sideshow the license so we could get some 1:1 Dark Knight busts. The fact that we’ll never have quality Joker, Two-Face, and Batman full-scale busts makes me sad.:monkey2

Exactly! DCDirect has no idea what they are doing. Mattel is even out doing them! Mattel! I can only imagine the things Sideshow could come up with! Hot Toys is definatley proving DCDirect sucks.

I don't care for either one of them. Just looking at Joker's makeup makes me not want it.

I'm not sure what DCD's deal is. They have the potential to make amazing products with the huge catalog of DC characters they have. And they definitely have some of the best sculptors working for them. It just seems like their final products just don't measure up. They need to start looking at companies like Sideshow, HT and Bowen if they want to up their game.

man i am actually getting mad looking at these products. DC Direct's figures always look half baked and now these mediocre busts. I dont think they even care anymore.

It's the exact same sculpt used on the 1/6 Joker. Sure it resembles Heath, but not Heath as the Joker. No personality!

Yeah!
Sideshow DC products= Best ever!(except the 1/6 line) :rock
Hot Toys still no. 1 for 1/6 figures

Everything from the neck down on both busts look very accurate and are sculpted well. That's the only praise I'll lay on these.

Back