PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Figure?!

BDboystoys
09-10-2005, 04:55 AM
Hi evry1! I want to know, whats your favourite figure in our collection. Youre most prized, the centre piece!

moebius9
09-10-2005, 05:19 AM
That's tough! If I could keep only one figure I would have to say it's the 1/4 scale Hellboy!

prophecygirl
09-10-2005, 05:23 AM
Out of my Buffy 12"s, it's either Der Kindestod or exclusive 'Prophecy Girl' Buffy.

chamildav
09-10-2005, 07:41 AM
There are a bunch of SSC figures I prize. I guess if I had to pick one "bestest ever" it's Nazi Kroenen. Really amazing costuming and design. Normally I find black "pleather" dolls pretty passe, but this figure is very unique in making good use of it. Sad this was an SDCC exclusive. I think it would have sold a ton if it had been more readily available.

Andy Bergholtz
09-10-2005, 07:57 AM
What is this, 'Sophie's Choice'? ;) This is a tough question.

I guess I'd say:

1/4 scale: Vampyre
1/6 scale: Phantom of the Opera

I'm not sure I could honestly choose just one, but the 2 above are the first ones I think of.

Gruson
09-10-2005, 08:21 AM
Hellboy 1/4 is nice! Oh, I like your icon Andy!

My "gem" is my Cinemaquette Arnold from Terminator 3. It's an incredible piece and very realistic.

Next would be the Queen Aliens bust. Here they are in my display room:

http://www.crazywayco.com/light.jpg

Firefly Flanatic
09-10-2005, 08:58 AM
Gruson awesome display!

This is a really tough question because depending on who I happen to be looking at at the time is my favorite! I'd have to say I'm particuarly fond of Prophecy Girl Buffy (especially since I managed a quick fix to her eyes), then I'd have to say Oz and Liam right now. But each time I get a new batch of figures I have some new favorites. Guess I'm just taking my old favorites for granted like Spike and GD Buffy!

oxbeard
09-10-2005, 09:17 AM
Definitely a tough question!!!

Without a doubt my 1/4 scale are my prized possesions. Of those, Wolfman has to be my overall favorite. But it is running neck and neck with Hellboy, Logan, and Vampyre.

The Josh
09-10-2005, 09:39 AM
Well, I would have to say Sauron even though its gonna be at least 1-2 more hours till he gets here, but I say this after seeing him at SDCC. The CT, ML, and the RWOS are also up there for me. I do have a few 12" SS figures and the Freddy figure from new nightmare is my fave of those.

Bonehead15
09-10-2005, 01:08 PM
1/4 scale: Dracula

Andy's sculpt is just amazing!! :drool

1/6 scale: Toys McCoy Indiana Jones

:mummy

Mutant Enemy
09-10-2005, 01:17 PM
Mine is the 1/4 Dracula (color version) hands down. An amazing piece. If anyone doesn't have it you should try to find one.

Gruff Old Bear
09-10-2005, 02:22 PM
It's my 1/4 scale Dracula. Andy rules.

Those running a close tie for second will probably surprise you: Fritz and the London After Midnight Vampyre in 1/6. Those are the guys who spend the most time on display and the least time hibernating in their boxes. All of these are the color versions.

Andy's Dracula will never see the inside of his box again...

BDboystoys
09-10-2005, 04:00 PM
I know its an incredibly hard question, for me if i could afford it I KNOW it would be the Sideshow Aline Queen Bust, but right now it would have to be my Medicom Vader then my Soveriegn Studios (http://www.sovereignmodel.com/home.html) Indiana Jones fig.(his work is AMAZING)

dr2red
09-10-2005, 04:01 PM
I just bought her today and she is fab.
Her face, clothes everything is perfect.

screamingmetal
09-10-2005, 04:35 PM
My favorite Sideshow I'd say is Nazi Kroenen in first with The Creature from the Black Lagoon and Blackbeard tying for second.
Of all my 1/6 figures, it's a tie between BBI Bob Chapman U2 Pilot and DID Black Watch 42nd Royal Highlander Regiment in first. Second would be Dragon's Navy SEAL Stan and my Nick Fury custom.

Viking28
09-10-2005, 05:31 PM
Since I dont have the Creature (Come SS bring forth the 1/4!) Nazi Kroenen 1/6 all the way! Such a bad ass figure.

As for 1/4 hmmmmm.

kierbaudy
09-10-2005, 09:03 PM
1/6 favorites: Nazi kroenen; monty python's black knight; thunderball
1/4 favorites: Dr. Doom (still to come); wolfman
1/6 statue: uruk hai swordsman

creecher
09-10-2005, 10:01 PM
My centre piece figure is the Premium Dracula. My favourite, 1/6th wise, is The Creature from the Black Lagoon, with Blackbeard a close second.

B-Electronic
09-11-2005, 01:19 AM
My favourite that I've seen so far is the 1/6 Nazi Kroenen which is closely followed by the 1/6 SSC excl. Hellboy

BDboystoys
09-11-2005, 01:26 AM
Hellboy 1/4 is nice! Oh, I like your icon Andy!

My "gem" is my Cinemaquette Arnold from Terminator 3. It's an incredible piece and very realistic.

Next would be the Queen Aliens bust. Here they are in my display room:

http://www.crazywayco.com/light.jpg

Gruson that is freekin amazing, I mean your set up and display is simply breathtaking! where did you get those pillars for the 1/4 scales? and those shelves?
again, thats...WOW

stickman
09-11-2005, 01:42 AM
With the amount of 1:6 figures and enviroments I have I wish I had room for the 1/4. I would have to agree with Creecher with the Creature from the Black Lagoon and Blackbeard as being two of my favorites, both of which I have never opened. :(

BDboystoys
09-11-2005, 02:57 AM
NEVER opened?! how could you not open it! when I recieve mine to first hing i do is rip it out of the box!(being very careful tho) even if you put it back in later Id still take it out.

Ironman1188
09-11-2005, 06:16 AM
Creecher, no Outer Limits in your faves?? :P
Picking one favorite...very hard. Off the top of my head I'd probably pick the CSM [awesome suit and headsculpt] or the Invisible Man [great accessories and outfit, no headsculpt to disappoint]. Of course, these could change at any moment as I peruse my collection.

FrankenFan
09-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Narrowing the focus to just Sideshow, my current favorite 1/6 is The Invisible Man and, Dracula gets my PF vote.

Gruson
09-11-2005, 11:02 AM
Hmm...not sure why my pic does not come up all the time.

Anyway BD, thank for the comments. I have spent a lot of time on my display.

EVILFACE
09-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Very tuff choice. I can't decide between Son of Frankenstein Monster or FvsJ Jason.

Migwit
09-12-2005, 02:43 PM
I'll have to go with my 1/4 scale Buffy. Oh, wait.. we don't HAVE one of those, do we, hmmm??? :banghead :mwaha

So I guess I'll have to go with Graduation Day Buffy, and every thing else is tied for 2nd place! :joy

wyrmn3500
09-12-2005, 06:31 PM
i think my favorite is the 1/6 Barnes from the Platoon line -- face sculpt is dead on, love the way the facial scarring came out & the accessories are great too -- love the cigarette pack in the helmet band -- he's just a great looking figure -- i rotate my display every so often & never seem to take him out.

Poelzig
09-12-2005, 08:07 PM
The Creature hands down is my ultimate favorite.I'm still in awe that they were able to pull that one off,and with a sculpt that is better than most resin kits I've seen and I've seen a lot! Fritz is still a favorite,as is Murder Legendre,wich is still one of the best Lugosi lliknesses I've ever seen.

Protozaius
09-13-2005, 02:27 PM
When the Ape prototypes were shown, I would have said that Dr. Zaius would be my hands down favorite. However having all the production line stuff, I would have to say that Cornelius is my favorite 1/6 figure.

To me, Mat Falls NAILED the first film's version of McDowall's Cornelius.
:mexwave