DC Direct Batman the Animated series maquettes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_Spidey

Super Freak
Reaction score
Does anyone have the maquettes made by DC Direct?
If I remember correctly they're 1/8th scale and look spot on!:cool:

Post pics if you have them!

I have the Catwoman and Harley Quinn maquettes packed away. I never did get around to picking up the rest of the line, even though I was really excited for it.

I think it was because deep down, I knew they'd bail out early. What was put out isn't nearly enough to satisfy my craving for something like that. I wish they had at least gotten to as many as Corey has done.

And I'm not even including so many of the Superman characters I wanted. Darkseid, Aquaman, Lobo, etc.

Some great art on the corey smith site. I was never keen on when they redesigned the characters due to having their budget slashed though. Always thought they looked much better when the series started especially Mr Freeze

I think I'm gonna start collecting these. They look way cool!

And to those who have'em, post pics!:D

batman_animated_maquette_pic3.jpg

I just scored this one ebay. That's my all time favorite version of Batman. I think I'm going to enjoy it even more than the HT figs!:chew

Not really digging the B&W statue. The pose just seems weird. He looks like he got caught in an awkward bullet time moment.

I agree the B&W is very bad in deed. It doesn't represent the Timm Batman in any of the animated incarnations. It is almost a cross between the 1992 and 1996 Batman and it does little for me. If I was going to pay $60+ for a Timm Batman statue I would go with either the BTAS or the JLU version.

I agree the B&W is very bad in deed. It doesn't represent the Timm Batman in any of the animated incarnations. It is almost a cross between the 1992 and 1996 Batman and it does little for me. If I was going to pay $60+ for a Timm Batman statue I would go with either the BTAS or the JLU version.
Agreed. I, too, would have preferred a different pose. But (according to DCD) this was designed by Bruce Timm himself - so I can't really complain much.

The B&W line is based on BT comics not the animated series. His Batman in print always looks slightly different now, not everything that is Bruce Timm needs to be from the animated series.

True but when I heard DCD was doing a B&W Timm statue, I started to think what pose the 1992 version would be in. So in my eyes it is a disappointment. But hey it's Batman it's bound to sale anyways right?

Some great art on the corey smith site. I was never keen on when they redesigned the characters due to having their budget slashed though. Always thought they looked much better when the series started especially Mr Freeze

I actually disagree. I thought the more simplistic style was what led the artists down a darker path in rendering the characters. The only three members of the Rogues Gallery that I preferred in the original TAS style were the Joker, the Riddler, and the Penguin (even though after his redesign he had those awesome pet Leopard seals)... though the Joker's JL version is top notch as well in terms of design.

Other than that, the season 4 versions are my preferred versions. Freeze and Scarecrow are exactly how I would envision them. Freeze is as cold externally as his calloused heart has become since Nora left him, and the Scarecrow is little more than a walking corpse. Croc actually looks reptilian and is held in an aquarium tank while in lock-up. Bane reappears in studded leather with jagged teeth and red eyes. All outstanding... I watch TAS about every other week it seems since it was released on DVD. My only regret was that we didn't see Ra's al Ghul in season 4.

I actually disagree. I thought the more simplistic style was what led the artists down a darker path in rendering the characters. The only three members of the Rogues Gallery that I preferred in the original TAS style were the Joker, the Riddler, and the Penguin (even though after his redesign he had those awesome pet Leopard seals)... though the Joker's JL version is top notch as well in terms of design.

Other than that, the season 4 versions are my preferred versions. Freeze and Scarecrow are exactly how I would envision them. Freeze is as cold externally as his calloused heart has become since Nora left him, and the Scarecrow is little more than a walking corpse. Croc actually looks reptilian and is held in an aquarium tank while in lock-up. Bane reappears in studded leather with jagged teeth and red eyes. All outstanding... I watch TAS about every other week it seems since it was released on DVD. My only regret was that we didn't see Ra's al Ghul in season 4.

He did appear in STAS and Batman Beyond. :D

batman_animated_maquette_pic3.jpg

I just scored this one ebay. That's my all time favorite version of Batman. I think I'm going to enjoy it even more than the HT figs!:chew

Awwwwwww that is friggin amazing! Brings back memorys of last friday, when I watched it on youtube.
I really liked the new animated series, too, but the first 2 seasons are pretty much made for 3d figures while the angular style artworks and charctres of the new btas just look weird, standing in a 3d perspective, it worked on tv but not as a figure.

The B&W line is based on BT comics not the animated series. His Batman in print always looks slightly different now, not everything that is Bruce Timm needs to be from the animated series.

Right! I am glad I am not the only one who has read MAD LOVE on here. I like the B&W statue :chew

Back