Empty Box Collectors

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have commited what some here would consider the cardinal sin and have thrown most of my boxes away. I like to display everything and don't have room for all the boxes. The only thing I have really kept are my PF figure boxes and 2 or 3 box for extra fragile statues. And I'm still running out of room :duh

I actually began removing the inserts and folding flat the box. Now I wasn't only collecting the figures but I became a collector of the box art. :duh

Early on, I had started displaying some of the boxes with my figures because the art was so good. But I quickly ran out of room for that, so something finally had to go.

I've got mine scattered around various closets. A couple really big ones are in the attic.

I only kept the Buffy boxes but I have so many now I am thinking of tossing them. I have way too many statue boxes to store and those you have to keep in case you ever sell.

I've built walls of boxes - so all my rooms are much smaller than they should be. But the wallpaper is....interesting.

OMG - I have every Buffy figure made, plus one of my daughters has just about every Buffy figure minus a couple and my other daughter has 9 and we've kept every single box! I have them packed away in various places in my basement but don't know what I'm going to do if this line goes on for years! :dunno

I keep all my boxes. Really, unless you are planning on never moving or having to store these for some reason it's almost silly to get rid of them.

Actually, I just spent half the day climbing up and down a ladder into my attic to store my boxes. I eventually got all of my Sideshow boxes nicely stacked up to the rafters, and then flattened down all of the outer shipping boxes that had been in my garage and stored them up in the attic as well. So I have every inner and outer box kept in a safe place. (Assuming the roof doesn't leak...)

I suppose the difference is vast whether you are talking about 12" figures or statues/busts, etc. The 12" are not nearly as fragile as the others, but I have still kept all of mine in both categories. :taz

I've got all of mine on top of my wardrobe. Its nearly full though so I'd better start thinking of where to put them next...

I actually display mine together on the top self of my desk shelves, but there isnt much room left so theyre gonna have to start being packed away

Keeper of Boxes...

I've got a different problem: I simply can't display all my figures at once. I rotate them, which keeps my office interesting. So naturally, I keep my boxes.

The boxes (some empty, some occupied) are in my garage, lined up sideways on an Ikea "Billy" bookcase. Because I'm in California, dampness isn't a real problem...but just in case, I keep a small de-humidifier running out there so the cardboard stays nice and dry. You can get dehumidifiers from boat supply houses, or the "Solutions" catalog. The one I have is called an "Air-Dryr." It only burns about 4 watts, makes no sound, and keeps mildew at bay. When I bought it I caught hell from my wife, but it's proven so useful so many times (ever get water in your car?) that she now makes no comment when I buy odd tool gizmos.

I also keep those little absorbent bags that come packaged with various things, and spread them around any stored paper or cardboard.

Last edited:
I always throw away all of the outer shipping boxes, but my regular inner boxes are mostly stored in the attic. I have a few small ones on the top shelf of my closet. I wish I could throw the boxes away, and it's really the only thing about collecting that I don't like. I have to keep them, because it's impossible to move without them. A few fragile and expensive pieces such as the RWOS and the Fell Beast, I move by hand just because I'm scared they will break inside of the boxes.

I guess that's one advantage I have in allowing me to throw most of the boxes out. We have decided on remodeling and expanding the house instead of moving, so barring some catastrophe there won't be a move in my lifetime. And I learned long ago that anytime I sell a piece from my collection I always end up regreting it. So, the only selling I do is the occasional double and that rarely happens anymore.

Back