Favorite Death Magnetic song?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite track on Death Magnetic?

• That Was Just Your Life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The End of the Line

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Broken, Beat & Scarred

• The Day That Never Comes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • All Nightmare Long

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Cyanide

• The Unforgiven III

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • The Judas Kiss

• Suicide & Redemption

• My Apocalypse

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Moonloop

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am very curious to see which songs on this album stand out to the public and fans of the band. Now that the album is "officially out", and after you have your respective listens, what is your favorite track?

Mine would be Unforgiven III, easily the best song on the album.

As someone has said, the album is too similar to the old Metallica, there is no evolution. I believe that is true, Metallica emulated their old sound so the fans would be happy.......Metallica's evolution was Load-Stanger....but not many people accepted that.

The album is alright, the drumming is terrible. There are really only 5 songs that stand out, the others sound too generic and like fill ins. The instrumental is impressive. Whoever master/mixed it sucks. I'd give it a 6/10.

And also I realized there is a lot of "The" titled songs, just an observation. :monkey5

Love the whole thing but tops is "My Apocalypse", followed closely by "All Nightmare Long" , and "Suicide & Redemption".

I listened through it a couple times today, and thought it was pretty good. Much better than some of their more recent albums. It was good to hear Kirk Hammett again! And a nice return to some more intricate guitar work in general.

The drumming and the vocals though were a little underwhelming.

All in all, not bad.

All Nightmare Long is the one that has 'grabbed' me, but to be honest I haven't listened to it all the way through. It's the only one that really 'grooves'.

Underwhelming does sum it up best, SD.

Love the whole thing but tops is "My Apocalypse", followed closely by "All Nightmare Long" , and "Suicide & Redemption".

I agree 100%. :rock

"My Apocalypse" is without a doubt the best song. It's the best song Metallica has written since And Justice...

Unforgiven III is just horrible. Sounds like more "Bob Rock" Metallica garbage. :yuck

This is one group that never should have evolved.

Without a doubt. I still think Metallica killed lots of credibility in the metal comunity but putting out that 90's lite-Metallica stuff. It almost seems that this album is a way to try to get back some of their old fans.

The best thing Metallica did was getting Rick Rubin to produce the album. He's the best trash/speed metal producer of all time.

Got my copy yesterday, love it.
My Apocalypse is the favorite for the moment, it sways between My Apocalypse and Broken, Beat, & Scarred. Following up is Suicide and Redemption and All Nightmare Long.
Unforgiven III is pretty good, far better then Unforgiven II but I resent song sequels.

I disagree about the vocals, I think they're great. Hetfield is barking and showing good range, and best of all, no f*#@n' "yodeling". The only thing that's a bit poor for me about the vocals is the lyrics.

But the mix is really f*#@'ed. I thought I had the crappy base boost turned on and the buds in wrong, nope it's intentionally distorted.

The only thing I think Metallica needs is more attitude and aggression.
8/10

What? Who?

Is this a re-named Metallica?

I lost interest in Metallica when they assimilated into the judicial collective.

Back