Best jabba ever ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Jabba is the Best for You?

• Attakus

Votes: 12 10.7%
  • GentleGiant

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Sideshow

Votes: 96 85.7%

• Total voters
I would have to go with SS Jabba and throne. It is the centerpiece of my Star Wars Collection and it has that wow factor when people visit my house.

I like the Gentle Giant set-up quite a bit (a friend has it) but I think the Sideshow sculpt edges it out slightly. My favorite part of the SS Jabba is the paint job though. I am sure that the paint scheme on the actual prop Jabba is a little darker and greener, more like the Attakus or Gentle Giant. The SS paint job looks more like what I see on the screen in ROTJ though, rather than being prop accurate. I have the same gripe with CG Jabba from the Prequels and SE's. Everybody sees things a little differently though...

My vote is Sideshow, I've been a Jabba fan since I was 5 and I've had this burnt mental image of him and as I grew up and got computers and stuff, I collected all sorts of pictures and stuff and to me, of the 3, the Sideshow piece just nails him. Maybe some paint colors could be different shades, but the most important thing and I find it flawless is the sculpt, they nailed the ROTJ look. Attakus is ok, looks a bit interpretive, and Gentle Giant's a nicely done piece, but Jabba himself looks like he was an inflatable toy that someone let the air out of a bit, just sagging in, very strange look to him. So based solely on quality and execution, I'd say SSC. If we were talking about the overall package, I'd probably give a few more points to GG for the pieces they put into the set.

Attakus Jabba ! Hands down, must be seen in person, huge, very detailed, and the diorama with all the statues is just awesome.

Sideshow Jabba is very nice though.

Sideshow all the way. Besides the fact that it really looks awesome, you get the best cost-benefit ratio too. For the figure, that is, since the damned slab of polistone they called a throne is the complete contrary of the Jabba: it looks great, but it has the worst cost-benefit ratio EVER! They should have made it in plastic, and sold it for $50- $60. Totally incomprehensible that SSC made this in polistone and dared to charge $200 for it.

No question, Sideshow's Jabba. The rest are just flat slugs named Jabba, but Sideshow's actually looks like the character. Although none of them seem to have gotten Jabba's coloring right (orange and green).

Although none of them seem to have gotten Jabba's coloring right (orange and green).

True, if that detail had been nailed on SSC's it'd be even more amazing, which I can't fathom because I like it so much now. However, while SSC may not be dead on as far as the shades of color used on Jabba, they did get right the pattern right. After many Jabbas, mostly Hasbro, using a solid line where green and orange meet, and even having the line that joint lies along wrong, SSC was so refreshing to see it done right, another point where I dislike the GG piece.

The Attakus Jabba is a cool piece in its own way, but it looks cartoony, the proportions of his body are wrong, and they got his coloring wrong (plus it's very expensive). The Gentle Giant one looks off in the face, but mine hasn't yet arrived so I can't say for sure about the rest. The Sideshow Jabba definitely looks the most accurate, and it's also the cheapest, if you don't factor in the throne in particular.

That's another plus but probably also a minus at the same time of the SSC Jabba. There's a lot of pieces to the setup, but you can have Jabba in your collection for $100 basically, not bad. Some things in the whole SSC Jabba assortment are probably considered pricey, and I agree they're not cheap, but at least you have the luxury of choice. With GG, you're stuck paying the price for throne and all, that's your only way to get him. To me, options are always best.

Sideshows. I always thought the GG piece looked goofy. Somethings wrong in his face, he looks like the "stoned" Jabba, while SS Jabba looks more calm and menacing, like he did in ROTJ. Like a fat slug who has his little ants running around him doing his bidding. The attakus looks like crap.

Back