Darla is coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxbeard

PF Pirate
Reaction score
As excited as I am to find out that we are going to get a Darla figure, there is just something that is not quite right from looking at the preview. The head just doesn't seem to be in scale with the body. Or am I just crazy?

No, the head does appear to be a bit big.

But let's wait for more pics. I'm very pleased to see this figure!

And, I think I spy Bergholtz hair with my little eye! Or am I crazy?

vmprdrl.jpg

YES!!! YES IT IS!!!!!

You know I cant wait for this one. Might get both version's since she is my favorite character from the Buffyverse.

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to more pics!!! Should look great by shipping time.

FrankenFan said:
And, I think I spy Bergholtz hair with my little eye! Or am I crazy?

You are crazy....... Like a FOX! Good eye Kurt. ;)

Maybe when SS releases more images of the figure on the site they'll let me post some images of the original sculpt.

Also, FYI.... The largeness of the head is my fault, my original sculpt was definitely too big. But, I know for a fact they corrected the size at the factory (I'm guessing the preview image is the original prototype head, rather than a production sample).

Thanks for the info, Andy! I can always spot me some Bergholtz hair when I sees it!

Hope the paint on the final figures represent what we are seeing on this proto. The eyes and the lips are perfect.

Hope to get a gander at your original sculpt. (In the meantime, you do have my email address. Heh.)

prmtv.gif

Maybe when SS releases more images of the figure on the site they'll let me post some images of the original sculpt.

I really hope you can post pics of your original sculpt too.

Thanks for the info Andy. Glad to see this one get made. Now if only you can get the Marvel project I'm looking for :winkpumpk

Yeah, the head is a bit big, she looks like a child.
But if Andy says it'll be fixed, I believe it will be fixed.
However, I can just hear all the outrage on the other forums that don't know. ;)
And to think, all this week people thought the Buffy line was over. :D

Yes, although I wasn't looking for a Darla figure next, I'm happy we're getting one. Although I do agree, something just isn't right. Either way I'm getting one. Thanks Andy! :rock

As nice as the sculpting is (and v. releaved to hear her head will be smaller) I'm still hugely disappointed that she wasn't Giles... I hope this doesn't mean that before we get to him we'll have to wade through Human Darla, Period Darla and, of course, Human Dru, too

And throw in a nasty feeling too that I can't see that short skirt looking terribly good with the present Sideshow female legs/hip/crotch arrangement.

Nick

I haven't received the Newsletter yet.

Does anyone have the link?

Thanks

Last edited:
I think the sculpt looks really good - the mouth looks a little pouty and she looks too young but I think with the adjusted body size that will make a huge difference. I think these figures almost always look better in real life than the pictures show.

Yay for Darla! I'm glad she's in vamp form and school girl outfit. I wonder what the exclusive will be? :dunno

(PS - Fireflyfanatic, I LOOOOVE your avatar - where did you find it?? So cute :p )

I would have rather had a Darla figure from "Angel". Hopefully Sideshow will get that license down the road. Some great characters that would be great with the Buffy ones.

Back