1/6 Diorama Bricks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmsresolute

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew how to make these 1:6 diorama bricks. I am trying to make some, and have made a mold of clay, with 50 brick impressions. Where to go from there... I haven't a clue. :confused:

cool, post pics when you are done. I've seen bags off a 100 sold for like $20.

Yeah, I was buying those, but I am trying to make myself. thats 20 cents a brick, which is kind of a high-way robbery

DSCN0355.jpg

DSCN0356.jpg

DSCN0273.jpg

door4.jpg

Or did you want loose bricks?

I remember goodstufftogo.net had them. But that was for $20.

They had red and gray 1:6 scale bricks.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, but I need to make my own. I don't wanna pay 20 cents a brick, that is a rip off! I mean... If you can make your own, it costs WAY less.

BTW I got my French RMLE figure today, it is awesome! alot of accessories, but took some patience to get all the gear rigged. I am just waiting on the ausie and the army lt.

Ah, O.K.

Do you know why your clay cracked? Maybe too high of a temperature? I don't know too much on this subject, but am curious.

I made this out of some styrofoam I got at Micheals. Think it's used for faux flowers or something. They come in various sizes and widths. I just cut some pieces to the sizes I wanted, real small and thin like the size of bricks then just hot glued them in place on a piece of wood. Then covered the styrofoam with plaster of paris and painted them with watered down acrylics. I know youre not trying to make a brick road but Im sure this concept would work with whatever look you are trying to acheive and it is probably more cost feasible for you. Hope that helps. gives you some ideas.
-Ryan

bastongeBOB036.jpg

bastongeBOB024.jpg

bastongeBOB023.jpg

bastongeBOB015.jpg

I wonder if plaster will look right with concrete. I have already started a building with the base made of concrete bricks, would plaster look kind of out of place?

stickman, my clay mold cracked because of dry air, I was supposed to set out to dry before I cook. It cracked before I cooked... Probally dry air messed it up.

Ok, Thanks! I think plaster will work way better than concrete. BTW, what kind of coloring should I use? I have red iron-oxide coloring that was designed for concrete, but will it work with plaster, or sould I paint the plaster? Thanks!

Back