The Fellowship etc

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thamesvalidude

Super Freak
Reaction score
Right, that's it! I've tried to be good. I've tried to be patient, but I can see another Scooby gang incident happening here.
I had to bang my head for years until we finally got a Giles and then half the Scooby gang was omitted from Sideshow's final Buffy releases.
As for Angel...don't even get me started.
Now we just need 3...that's Three, Trois, drei, tres, etc figures to complete the fellowship and they just don't seem to be appearing. For goodness sake, a dwarf and two hobbits Sideshow...
I mean come on, less dioramas more, 12." You only need 2 different headsculpts and some new pants etc for Merry and Pippin and a bit of padding and leg extenders for Gimli.
Yet what do get? More "dead" figures and third rate Star Wars nobodies.

I'm not happy and won't be:banghead:banghead until I have the nine good guys and at least half a dozen baddies. :banghead:banghead:mad:

Right, that's it! I've tried to be good. I've tried to be patient, but I can see another Scooby gang incident happening here.
I had to bang my head for years until we finally got a Giles and then half the Scooby gang was omitted from Sideshow's final Buffy releases.
Now we just need 3...that's Three, Trois, drei, tres, etc figures to complete the fellowship and they just don't seem to be appearing. For goodness sake, a dwarf and two hobbits Sideshow...
I mean come on, less dioramas more, 12." You only need 2 different headsculpts and some new pants etc for Merry and Pippin and a bit of padding and leg extenders for Gimli.

I'm not happy and won't be:banghead:banghead until I have the nine good guys and at least half a dozen baddies. :banghead:banghead:mad:

YEAH! WHAT HE SAID!!!!:mad:

Here, here!!! :rock

the problem is i dont want them to stop with the fellowship. i want theoden, eomer, and eowyn. not to mention saruman and wormtongue, arwen and elrond, and denethor.

AMEN!!!!!!!

I don't even collect this line but u guys have my full support so come on SS get the job done.:D

Just want to add my support for more LOTR figures! I feel extreme anxiety that the line may have died.

Please Sideshow, say it ain't so!

i'm posting my support of the 1/6 lotr ring here. it's my favorite line so i'm hoping it dosen't end but hopefully no matter what ss will at least give us the fellowship

hurr...ummph
:monkey5

My hope is that the new bodies SS will use will sort of give a new life to SS 12" lines. I'm doing my best now to support LOTR line as I now plan on getting all their releases except Faromir. I know it's kind of too little too late as I'll have to get most of them on the secondary market, but I still will do my best to support the line.

I know the thing for me is I sort of forgot how much I love these films until recently when I had vacation and I had a marathon of all 3 extended cuts. I've been meaning to do it for awhile now but I can't believe how much that reinvigorated my enthusiasm for this series. Now I want all the Fellowship and Sauroman and the Witch King!!!! Please SS don't let this line die!

The Fellowship is a must!!! Sideshow must do the line justice and give us a complete fellowship. They screwed us with the weta line and I don't expect to see the Fellowship done in the LSB or the PF line, so we need one in the 1/6 line. As the OP said, just three more to go-a dwarf and two hobbits!!

I don't think this line is going to die without at least the FS. The edition sizes might be way smaller though. But like i said before having the FS is not a concern of mine. (i just want the line to continue)

Just a thought:

Maybe the delay in the line is because Sidehow has had to retro RnD the next releases to be on the PRO body. Maybe someone in SS recognized that putting the LOTR figs on the PRO would make a difference in sales?

:dunno

Just a thought.

Just a thought:

Maybe the delay in the line is because Sidehow has had to retro RnD the next releases to be on the PRO body. Maybe someone in SS recognized that putting the LOTR figs on the PRO would make a difference in sales?

Just a thought.

What he said

Just a thought:

Just a thought.

I don't know how long the Pro's been in development and all, but this line has been dragging since Boromir shipped. Faramir was slow to come out and in ways was a tragedy, and then the Hobbits took forever. The number one thing this line needs to sell well is speed, which it doesn't have. New bodies will help, but if you wait to long to get stuff out because of it, people may not care anymore and that's the dangerous point this line is reaching, where no matter what happens with the product, some people will have abandoned the line and nothing will turn them back amidst other booming lines from SSC and booming companies with their own lines.

Back