The power of hope...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty

just me
Reaction score
No, this is not another political thread ;)

Just in case you missed me - you DID miss me right?... right?? - just wanted to fill you guys in on some stuff going on lately.

The second Sideshow baby of 2008 has been born! Yep, 8 weeks early, after some really rough, and unexpectedly fast, complications and hospitalizations for the mom (that's me, for you n00bs ;)), my son entered the world, screaming the whole way.

Name: Dax Matthias Watkins
Birth Weight: 3 lbs, 5.5 ozs
Length: 17 3/4 inches
Birthday: Friday, August 29th at 4:36 PM Pacific Time

He's not quite ready for a full-on photo shoot, with all his tubes and wires, but maybe soon :) Dax is recovering well during his 5-7 week stay in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), and Mom is doing much better too. Travis (dad and Sideshow Multimedia Manager) went through some scary days, fearing for both son and wife, but things are looking much brighter now - just have to keep Dax from getting sick, and the nurses have to fatten him up before he can come home.

The optimistic power of Hope, the relaxation methods of Yoga, and the miracles of Modern Science have pulled us through this rough time, and we are super grateful for all the family, friends, co-workers, and - most of all - the excellent nurses and doctors who have given us their overwhelming support over the past couple weeks. I know you Freaks would've been right there with them, cheering us on, but I didn't really have much of a chance to get on a computer recently... so now, it's back to work until Dax gets to come home!! :banana

Last edited:
Congrats, Dusty! I'm glad you and the baby are doing well. What a great name for a kid! :duff

And I've missed you around here. :)

its-a-boy.gif

CONGRATZ, enjoy him now as soon as he hits 5 its answering back and crazy tantrums

Im glad to hear everything is OK! Give him some rice and Beans with tostones he will get fat in know time!!!!!! Glad Trevor is doing good to! you guys rock! and i hope Dax gets to go home soon!! :rock

I'm so happy for you both, Dusty. So awesome that Dax came out alright and without putting our lady in peril. We all love you here and it's so great to hear happy news. The Freaks send their love to your family, can't wait to see pics of the little rascal. :rock

Congrats Dusty! Seems like it was a very scary ordeal for you all, but so happy to hear things are going well now :rock

And happy to see you back with us freaks :duff

Congratulation and excellant health to mother and child.

Dax is a cool name, be awesome to be able write your name with an X in it.

well hopefully all the scary times are behind you now with only good times in the coming future.
Glad to hear everything is ok ... and CONGRATS!!!!!

here's one for ya .. :duff

Congratulations Dusty and Travis.
Glad that both you and the little one are doing ok after a few scary weeks.

And what a cool name :rock
In a couple of years, we'll see a SideshowDax on these boards too

congratulations dusty and also glad to hear everything is turning out ok. hang in there, you are in for a heck of a fun ride...:D

Dusty, my thoughts and wishes go out to all 3 of you. If he's half as tough as him mom, he'll pull through with no problems.

Please keep us posted.

Congrats on Dax Dusty!!!!:fireworks:fest:fireworks I know Dax will be well enough to come home to you guys soon!:D Bless You & All of your Family!!!!:D Post Pics when You & Dax are up to it!!!!:D

All my best to You & your Family Dusty!!!!:D

Keep me posted.:D

Your Friend,

The Monster

Nick

:fireworks Congrats Dusty!:fireworks

Glad everything worked out! (and yes, some of us have noticed your absence)

Congrats to you and Travis. Sorry that it was scary for you - but I'm glad you're all 3 okay.

Back