PDA

View Full Version : TRUE BLOOD - on HBO - SPOILERS!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Darklord Dave
09-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Anna Paquin and vampires - this should be geek heaven but no one's started a thread yet?

I've been following the documentaries HBO has inundated us with for the past 2 weeks and I'm very interested in this series. It could be the next Buffy.

wofford29
09-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Not something I'm interested in, but I'm excited for Entourage after it so I may check it out for a minute.

The Mike
09-07-2008, 05:47 PM
There was kind of a thread started already....

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37621&highlight=blood

Darth Caedus
09-07-2008, 06:02 PM
There was kind of a thread started already....

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37621&highlight=blood

Probably shouldn't piss off the dark lord

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42431000/jpg/_42431698_voldemort_imagenet_gall.jpg

Darklord Dave
09-07-2008, 06:13 PM
I did a search - but the title doesn't really identify - but hopefully we'll be able to buy the beverage too.

TOE
09-07-2008, 06:29 PM
i saw the trailer yesterday. I almost killed myself after seeing the first 5 seconds of it.

The Mike
09-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Well I did say kind of started.....I find it interesting that with Twilight getting a whole bunch of buzz that Vampires are all of a sudden the rage yet again. In fact one of the deep cable stations was playing "Kindred: The Embraced" just the other day.

Oh and in fearing the Darklord?

I think I'll do just fine....
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/9108/ironman03ironmanxc7.jpg

http://www.wohill.com/images/EmoticonWink.gif

Darth Caedus
09-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Well I did say kind of started.....I find it interesting that with Twilight getting a whole bunch of buzz that Vampires are all of a sudden the rage yet again. In fact one of the deep cable stations was playing "Kindred: The Embraced" just the other day.

Oh and in fearing the Darklord?

I think I'll do just fine....
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/9108/ironman03ironmanxc7.jpg

http://www.wohill.com/images/EmoticonWink.gif

To fight a Dark Lord, what you need is one of these
http://www.freewebs.com/footballthoughts/frodo.jpg
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/ni/Harry-Potter.jpg

AND they look oddly similar

wofford29
09-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Oh my dear lord baby Jesus. Is this show supposed to be serious? That may take the cake as the worst acting I've ever seen on any screen and the writing was equally as bad. If this had been on a network it wouldn't even have a 2nd episode. It's really luck HBO's pockets are deep.

Sick Boy 82
09-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Bout to watch the first episode right now. Hopefully it's good. Then Entourage baby!!!!

DarkDaysinVegas
09-07-2008, 09:02 PM
When does this series start airing?

Vader AL
09-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Bout to watch the first episode right now. Hopefully it's good. Then Entourage baby!!!!

yeah me too...i had forgotten about this show...thanks for the reminder Dave....if it's any good that is. :)

Sick Boy 82
09-07-2008, 09:06 PM

Right now for me. HBO-HD FTMFW!!!!

Natrix
09-07-2008, 09:07 PM

It started tonight.

galactiboy
09-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Watched it tonight, thought it was pretty good. Not the best show ever, but definitely will check it out next week.

DarkDaysinVegas
09-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Right now for me. HBO-HD FTMFW!!!!

I'll just record it then on the DVR and watch it in HD mofo'. :p

DarkDaysinVegas
09-07-2008, 09:56 PM
It started tonight.

:duh uh...thanks? :huh

Sick Boy 82
09-07-2008, 09:59 PM
What up Will!!!!

That was a ^^^^ed up ending!! Good show so far. I like the campiness of it. Will continue to watch for sure.

EVILFACE
09-07-2008, 10:01 PM
It was ok, but Anna Paquin is pretty bad in it, acting and the horrible accent.

The Mike
09-07-2008, 10:06 PM
I'll give it a couple of days and get it offline. I'm willing to give it a shot but from what I've read online it isn't really getting rave reviews....

DarkDaysinVegas
09-07-2008, 10:06 PM
What up Will!!!!

Will continue to watch for sure.

I Will, :D "THUG LIFE!!":lol

The Ween
09-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Anna Paquin and vampires - this should be geek heaven but no one's started a thread yet?

I've been following the documentaries HBO has inundated us with for the past 2 weeks and I'm very interested in this series. It could be the next Buffy.

I looooooove Vampire shows! I don't get HBO though. :(!

Chimera 1
09-08-2008, 06:33 AM
I thought the show was pretty good. The ending was messed up though.
I think Anna has more to her than we know. I think she is a slayer. So this could be Buffy on steroids with no restrictions. I will definitely keep watching. As for Twilight...hmmm I think that will be weak. Like The Hills but with vamps. Unless i am missing something. I haven't seen to many previews for it.

The ill Jedi
09-08-2008, 07:06 AM
Caught the premier last night and I really enjoyed it. I like the premise of the show, that Vampires have made their existence known to the world and are just trying to co-exist with humans. The whole 'Vampire Rights' thing reminded me a bit of the X-Men and society's reluctance to accept them. I also thought the synthethic 'Tru Blood' created to nourish (and keep them from eating humans) them was a cool idea and Anna Paquin and the rest of the cast are good as well. I'll be watching for as long as this goes on.

The ill Jedi
09-08-2008, 07:10 AM
I thought the show was pretty good. The ending was messed up though.
I think Anna has more to her than we know. I think she is a slayer. So this could be Buffy on steroids with no restrictions...
I totally agree and she already showed a bit of that last night, I think she'll be a force to be reckoned with once she gets a hang of it. As 'Bill' said, she's "more than human".

...As for Twilight...hmmm I think that will be weak. Like The Hills but with vamps. Unless i am missing something. I haven't seen to many previews for it.
Don't tell BadMoon that, he's really looking forward to it. Have you seen his gay ass sig? :lol

Vader AL
09-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Caught the premier last night and I really enjoyed it. I like the premise of the show, that Vampires have made their existence known to the world and are just trying to co-exist with humans. The whole 'Vampire Rights' thing reminded me a bit of the X-Men and society's reluctance to accept them. I also thought the synthethic 'Tru Blood' created to nourish (and keep them from eating humans) them was a cool idea and Anna Paquin and the rest of the cast are good as well. I'll be watching for as long as this goes on.

i felt the same way about the show. aside from the poorly rendered southern accents, I thought it was good. it's definitely a great premise and I like all the little touches, hopefully though the acting/plot pan out. either way though I think I'll enjoy it.

The ill Jedi
09-08-2008, 07:26 AM
i felt the same way about the show. aside from the poorly rendered southern accents, I thought it was good. it's definitely a great premise and I like all the little touches, hopefully though the acting/plot pan out. either way though I think I'll enjoy it.
But see, I don't mind the bad accents and acting as this show doesn't take itself too seriously and that's what I like about it. Keeps it fun! :D

galactiboy
09-08-2008, 07:47 AM

I thought that was a fun idea as well... and I really had no idea that was part of the series going into it. But they did a great job of setting-up the premise and getting the audience to accept it.

Loved the "God Hates Fangs" sign; very relevant.

Vader AL
09-08-2008, 07:48 AM
But see, I don't mind the bad accents and acting as this show doesn't take itself too seriously and that's what I like about it. Keeps it fun! :D

....and it has boobies.

The ill Jedi
09-08-2008, 07:52 AM
I thought that was a fun idea as well... and I really had no idea that was part of the series going into it. But they did a great job of setting-up the premise and getting the audience to accept it.

Loved the "God Hates Fangs" sign; very relevant.
Yeah, their were several great terms used in last nights episode, 'Fang Bangers' (a person who has sex with Vampires) was one that made me laugh. :lol

I also thought it was cool thatpeople view/use Vampire blood as a drug and can sell it for high prices.

The ill Jedi
09-08-2008, 07:53 AM
....and it has boobies.
:rock :rock :rock

BOOBIES!!! :monkey5

BadMoon
09-08-2008, 07:54 AM
I like titties so........

Sick Boy 82
09-08-2008, 09:43 AM
So immature! Unless I see Anna's boobies, then I'll get excited.

King Darkness
09-08-2008, 09:45 AM
I will check out the replay tomorrow night.

Ktjn
09-08-2008, 09:49 AM
It was ok, but Anna Paquin is pretty bad in it, acting and the horrible accent.

That acting was as good as the skin flicks they show (late night). Bleh

BOOBIES!!!

and the fapping sound effect.

galactiboy
09-08-2008, 09:58 AM
and the fapping sound effect.

I thought that was well done as well :lol

wofford29
09-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Surely I can't be the only one here that thought this was one of the worst shows ever put on tv?

King Darkness
09-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Surely I can't be the only one here that thought this was one of the worst shows ever put on tv?

Worse than The Craptacular Chronicles of Sarah Connor?!?!?!?

Impossible.

El Skutto
09-08-2008, 10:12 AM

Seconded. An hour of TV starring vampires, and the most action we got is Anna Paquin hitting a guy in the shoulder with a chain? And don't even get me started on her annoying best friend with the horrible customer service skills...

:banghead

I'm willing to give the second episode a shot, if only to see if there's some kind of violent payoff to the cliffhanger ending, but it'd have to be one hell of a fight. I get the feeling the show'll be more about the relationship between Anna's character and the vampire, how they're from two different worlds and involved in a romance that society will never embrace. It's Beauty and the Beast all over again.

Sick Boy 82
09-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Well, if people don't like it, no one is holding a gun to your mother's head telling you to watch it or they will blow her brains out. Just don't watch. I think it's a fun show, more campy that seriuous and ^^^^.

And no action?? The parking lot scene both time was pretty good, especially the ending scene for the show!!
The part wtih Sookie getting her ass beat in the end scene was ^^^^ing nuts!! Looks like from the preview for the next episode, Bill rescues her and hopefully shreds the 2 rat^^^^ idiots!!

And it might help to understand the direction of the show if you knew something about the show. That always helps if you understand the source material. :monkey3

EVILFACE
09-08-2008, 10:44 AM

I don't think it was the worst, but I would not invest much time in the show. Like all HBO series, they will pull the plug on it before it is finished.

wofford29
09-08-2008, 11:26 AM

Impossible.

Never seen it so I couldn't compare. I only watched this because it came on before Entourage. I find it hard to believe though that any show on any network has or had worst acting than this one.

El Skutto
09-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Well, if people don't like it, no one is holding a gun to your mother's head telling you to watch it or they will blow her brains out. Just don't watch. I think it's a fun show, more campy that seriuous and ^^^^.

And no action?? The parking lot scene both time was pretty good, especially the ending scene for the show!!

And it might help to understand the direction of the show if you knew something about the show. That always helps if you understand the source material. :monkey3

Sorry, but if the only way to enjoy the show is to research the source material, then there's something wrong with the writing. I never read a Dexter book in my life, but I'd rank that show in my top 5 without hesitation.

I think the problem is that the show was promoted to me as being something it's not. Everyone who told me to watch the premiere explained it as a sort of X-Files, but with a psychic girl teaming up with a vampire to solve crimes/mysteries. But what I got last night is Dawson's Creek meets Interview with the Vampire.

It's not my cup of tea, but hey, more power to you if you enjoy it.

Darklord Dave
09-08-2008, 12:41 PM
It was never sold as an X-Files type show. Everything I've seen has presented it as a tongue-in-cheek Southern Gothic, and that's exactly what it is. Considering not a single one of the actors is from the South, or even the US - I thought the accents were okay.

I wasn't blown away by the first episode - but Anna is charming and the premise is intriguing, so I'll continue to watch. It seems like the mystery will be a season long thing.

The ill Jedi
09-08-2008, 02:28 PM
...I think the problem is that the show was promoted to me as being something it's not. Everyone who told me to watch the premiere explained it as a sort of X-Files, but with a psychic girl teaming up with a vampire to solve crimes/mysteries...
How in the ^^^^ did they get that from watching the previews? :confused: Nothing about them made the show seem that way. As SickBoy said, if you don't like it don't watch, simple as that.

I think it's very promising and so far I like all the characters, I also can't wait for them to introduce more vampires and baddies. :rock

Sick Boy 82
09-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Yeah, like DLD and Ill said, how the hell did they get that crap out of the previews?? :lol

I like the campiness of it. The humor is what makes it fun to watch. Hey, just give me more Sookie and hot naked vamp chicks and a werewolf and I'm good!!

I know they gotta show some hot naked vamp chicks!! Come one HBO!!!!

99% sure the dog is a werewolf and maybe even the bar owner to boot!!

The ill Jedi
09-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Hmm, interesting observation...very interesting.

Vader AL
09-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Yeah, like DLD and Ill said, how the hell did they get that crap out of the previews?? :lol

I like the campiness of it. The humor is what makes it fun to watch. Hey, just give me more Sookie and hot naked vamp chicks and a werewolf and I'm good!!

:horror:horror:horror

Vader AL
09-08-2008, 02:41 PM

yep i was thinking that too.

The Monster
09-08-2008, 02:42 PM

I DID DAVE!!!!:D:D:D

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40713 :D:D:D

wofford29
09-08-2008, 02:43 PM

I didn't watch any trailers or fake docs or whatever they did to promote this show and I've never seen an episode or movie of X-files, so for me I went in fresh not knowing what to expect. But I'll stand by my review as it being the worst acting I've ever seen on any level of entertainment, and just an all around terrible show. I'd be shocked if this lasts a full run.

CelticPredator
09-08-2008, 02:56 PM

Impossible.

Shaaaaadup. That show rocks. I like it better then T3.

Only 6 more hours! Yey!

And Woff....having not seen the show, but I know your not a fan at all of camp. You dont like any of Raimi's films, and other campy fun flicks....so its pretty much a givin you wouldnt like this. :)

wofford29
09-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Shaaaaadup. That show rocks. I like it better then T3.

Only 6 more hours! Yey!

And Woff....having not seen the show, but I know your not a fan at all of camp. You dont like any of Raimi's films, and other campy fun flicks....so its pretty much a givin you wouldnt like this. :)

That's not true. I love Evil Dead and Army of Darkness, and like plenty of campy movies, in fact I've got my PVR set to record Slither tonight in HD so I can watch it again. This to me however wasn't trying to be campy, it came off as campy. There's a big difference. I'll admit though that I was so distracted by how bad the acting is it was hard to really give the story a fair shake.

CelticPredator
09-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Oh ok. Funny you pick those 3, because those are the exact same three I was going to use as an example.

I guess you needed to up the anti with Guru huh?

But yeah, True Blood looked like fun, but the acting did look shody. So i'll check it out on OnDemand.

wofford29
09-08-2008, 05:25 PM
I guess you needed to up the anti with Guru huh?

Not really, because those two are the only thing Raimi has ever done worth a damn IMO.

Darklord Dave
09-08-2008, 06:22 PM
I think the opening scene with Bubba Vlad set the tone very well for the series. It's obviously going for tongue-in-cheek rather than outright camp and I think they hit it very well.

And HBO usually commits to 6 or 13, so I assume that all the episodes are shot that are going to be shot unless it gets picked up.

CelticPredator
09-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Not really, because those two are the only thing Raimi has ever done worth a damn IMO.

Fair enough...but I respectfully disagree. Darkman is one of my favorite hero movies, Quick and the Dead is my favorite western....I dont like them all that much, so Raimi's touch helps, and I love Spider-Man, and 2....3 is a load of ^^^^ though. But, to each is own.

Deak Starkiller
09-09-2008, 09:54 AM

Impossible.

Come now King, Sarah Chronicles sucks the hard one. James Cameron must be rolling in his grave. Also TB was fun in a classic HBO Tales from the Crypt/Perversions of Science kind of way. I'll check it out.

shiveringmelody
09-09-2008, 01:05 PM
I missed this on Sunday night, but thank you tivo!! I finally got to sit down and watch it. I really really enjoyed it, been a fan of Anna's for some time....as well as anything doing with vampires (Buffy is my all time fav show, so there ya go). The ending of the premiere left me wanting more, can't wait to see how things play out all season.

CelticPredator
09-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Come now King, Sarah Chronicles sucks the hard one. James Cameron must be rolling in his grave. Also TB was fun in a classic HBO Tales from the Crypt/Perversions of Science kind of way. I'll check it out.

Its no worse then the last ^^^^ty films Cameron has made recently. Im talkin about those damned ocean docs. God they're boring.

screamingmetal
09-09-2008, 05:45 PM
I watched the previews of this and it looks like a vampire soap opera; I'm not at all interested.
The HBO pu$$y$ should pull the plug on this and give us Preacher!

Dr.Mirakle32
09-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Am I the only one who remembers the days when vampires used to be badass and scary? I like my vamps being ancient, bloodsucking, demonic, ghouls from hell. Give me Christopher Lee over those pansy romance novel Twilight/True Blood characters any day.

EVILFACE
09-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Yea, my wife is into all that twilight, moonlight sexy vampire stuff. They keep chaning all the rules and stuff. Cheez

The Ween
09-09-2008, 09:48 PM
I like it all! Romantic or demonic.

CelticPredator
09-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Give me the Reapers of ALL Vampires.

Ktjn
09-10-2008, 07:32 PM
I watched the previews of this and it looks like a vampire soap opera; I'm not at all interested.
The HBO pu$$y$ should pull the plug on this and give us Preacher!

It's not really a soap IMO. Almost a spoof.

This show is about on level as being serious, as that Co Ed confidetial series on cinemax.

Blake
09-11-2008, 05:25 AM

You sir have obviously never seen Cop Rock!

Darklord Dave
09-11-2008, 05:37 PM
You sir have obviously never seen Cop Rock!

I liked Cop Rock!

But you obviously haven't seen any Jerry O'Connell sitcom. Saw the first episode of his new one - Do Not Disturb last night -- PYEW!

Blake
09-12-2008, 04:57 AM
I liked Cop Rock!

But you obviously haven't seen any Jerry O'Connell sitcom. Saw the first episode of his new one - Do Not Disturb last night -- PYEW!

:lol Yeah, his track record...not so good...

screamingmetal
09-12-2008, 05:56 AM
:lol Yeah, his track record...not so good...

I liked Kangaroo Jack!

:p

It's not really a soap IMO. Almost a spoof.

This show is about on level as being serious, as that Co Ed confidetial series on cinemax.
I didn't really see any mission in the series previews. It just looked to me that the story centers around the relationships between vampire and human characters. Pretty much soap opera territory for me.

Blackhole
09-12-2008, 08:25 AM
I could go for some of that blood...

Darth Caedus
09-12-2008, 12:16 PM

Nope, that honors belongs to the updated Bionic Woman.....

galactiboy
09-15-2008, 08:26 AM
Really enjoyed the second episode... I'm really not at all into the goth/sexy vampire crap. But this is a fun story line and seems to do a fairly good job (w/tongue firmly in cheek) of looking at social justice issues with the extreme example of vampires.

King Darkness
09-15-2008, 08:30 AM
Really enjoyed the second episode... I'm really not at all into the goth/sexy vampire crap. But this is a fun story line and seems to do a fairly good job (w/tongue firmly in cheek) of looking at social justice issues with the extreme example of vampires.

Yup, I liked it too. Like you, I am not into the "goth/sexy vamp crap", in fact it is usually enough to completely turn me off to something, but this seems like a good story so far.

galactiboy
09-15-2008, 08:42 AM
Yeah, its kind of a bummer that Vampires have been co-opted by guys that look like Rory :lol

King Darkness
09-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Yeah :lol

I hate the current idea of what a vampire is. The goth club kid type, eye liner, leather wearing techno listening douche bags.

I loved that the fat red neck that looked like Larry the cable guy was a vampire.

Blake
09-15-2008, 09:00 AM
I can't stand the glam vamp look either, which is one of the biggest reasons I liked Near Dark so much. This show is pretty cool so far. I love the cliffhangers so far.

King Darkness
09-15-2008, 09:04 AM
I can't stand the glam vamp look either, which is one of the biggest reasons I liked Near Dark so much.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Darth Loki
09-15-2008, 09:14 AM
So is the second episode worth watching then? I DVR'd it last night and was on the fence as to whether I was going to watch it or not.

Blake
09-15-2008, 09:23 AM
I dig it. As with all shows, you are just now getting to know all of the characters. Nothing absolutely ground breaking going on so far, but it's still good to watch. Oh, and there is lots of...um...adult content...

galactiboy
09-15-2008, 12:09 PM
So is the second episode worth watching then? I DVR'd it last night and was on the fence as to whether I was going to watch it or not.

I liked it more than the first episode... its fun and worth the watch IMO.

The ill Jedi
09-15-2008, 12:33 PM
great second episode, they gave some cool hints (wthout giving away too much) at things that are yet to come. I really like Bill and Sookie's chemistry, they play well off eachother. Can't wait for episode three.

Dee Nice2
09-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Really good so far .

The Monster
09-15-2008, 12:39 PM
TRUE BLOOD= AWESOME!!!!!!!!:blackbat

The Monster
09-15-2008, 12:44 PM
My favorite works of HBO:

TALES FROM THE CRYPT

TRUE BLOOD

Darklord Dave
09-15-2008, 12:47 PM
Who was it that said Sam was the dog? Good call! They hinted much more about it in this episode - although panning to the picture of the dog guarding the little girl was a bit heavy handed.

Sick Boy 82
09-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Who was it that said Sam was the dog? Good call! They hinted much more about it in this episode - although panning to the picture of the dog guarding the little girl was a bit heavy handed.

That would be ME!!!! Made that call the first episode when the doggy first showed up.

galactiboy
09-15-2008, 12:50 PM
That would be ME!!!! Made that call the first episode when the doggy first showed up.

Yep, that was a good call... I figured there was something there, but much more so in the 2nd episode.

Dee Nice2
09-15-2008, 12:51 PM
My favorite works of HBO:

TALES FROM THE CRYPT

TRUE BLOOD

Tales From The Crypt :rock

Sick Boy 82
09-15-2008, 12:54 PM
It made sense that there would be more than just Vampires in the world. And then Bill said that there were others that could change and then the lights were on in the bar well past 3 or so. And then like Dave said, they kinda heavy handed it with the dog picture. lol

I am hoping he can be more of a Werewolf than just a Collie.

The Monster
09-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Anna Paquin :love

The Monster
09-15-2008, 01:00 PM
By looking at imdb looks like we will get 12 episodes to start with.:D

The Monster
09-15-2008, 01:23 PM
I can not wait to see Anna in Trick 'r Treat!:D

Jen
09-15-2008, 01:51 PM
I don't have cable so will have to wait until this comes out on DVD. :monkey2 Sounds interesting enough...I'd be willing to give it a go. I'm still upset with HBO though for cancelling Deadwood and Carnivale. They left us hanging on both of those and though the numbers of viewers weren't great, the shows were very well done. Hopefully this will last long enough that they will be able to wrap up the story arc.

McHavyck
09-15-2008, 01:53 PM
i just hope as the show goes on the Southern accents become more believable.

Sick Boy 82
09-15-2008, 02:08 PM
I don't have cable so will have to wait until this comes out on DVD. :monkey2 Sounds interesting enough...I'd be willing to give it a go. I'm still upset with HBO though for cancelling Deadwood and Carnivale. They left us hanging on both of those and though the numbers of viewers weren't great, the shows were very well done. Hopefully this will last long enough that they will be able to wrap up the story arc.

Jen, download the program uTorrent and then go to Mininova.org and search Trueblood. I got the first one in HD and it looks great!! I will be DLing the new one in a day or 2.

Entropy
09-15-2008, 06:02 PM
nothing worse than really liking a show and watching it get killed after a handful of episodes ( Firefly and Freaks & Geeks are examples)

GG

And the absolutely fantastic The Middleman which few have discovered. It's a great translation of the comic, created by one of the writers of Lost, and the best comedic action series I've seen since Firefly, sad that it probably won't see a season 2 and people won't realize what a great show it was until it comes out on DVD.

Jen
09-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Jen, download the program uTorrent and then go to Mininova.org and search Trueblood. I got the first one in HD and it looks great!! I will be DLing the new one in a day or 2.

Thanks for that info. I'll give it a try. :D

b24karrot
09-16-2008, 12:32 AM
Just found this thread..........

I am loving this show. I have to say until episode two I had not really caught on about the dog, but after watching I see it now. Something is for sure up with Sam. Sookies new heightened senses will lead her somewhere she does not want to be I think.
Also dying to see who is setting up Jason, anybody got any ideas on that?

Can't wait until next week.

Darth Loki
09-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Well the second episode was better than the first. There were some pretty humorous moments. I'm going to give it a few episodes to really grab me as it hasn't so far.

Not sure I like the weak cliff hangers that have ended both episodes.

Darklord Dave
09-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Not sure I like the weak cliff hangers that have ended both episodes.

The cliff hangers do seem like a cliche, although if they can do this for 13 episodes with her ending up in mortal peril every time - it could be classic comedy.

Sick Boy 82
09-16-2008, 11:03 PM
The cliff hangers do seem like a cliche, although if they can do this for 13 episodes with her ending up in mortal peril every time - it could be classic comedy.

LOL Good point!

I'll keep track:

Episode 1: Getting curb stomped

Episode 2: About to get drained

Episode 3: ??

Episode 4: ??

Episode 5: ??

Episode 6: ??

Episode 7: ??

Episode 8: ??

Episode 9: ??

Episode 10: ??

Episode 11: ??

Episode 12: ??

galactiboy
09-17-2008, 11:05 AM

Kind of like Kenny always dying :lol Be interesting to see how they develop the series over time, but so far they've got a great start.

SovereignStudio
09-17-2008, 02:53 PM
So far it seems to me like an excuse for HBO to make yet another sex show :dunno I thought it was about vampires. So far all I've seen is a lot 'o sex.

Giant Chicken
09-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Comingsoon.net has reported that HBO has already went ahead and ordered a second season. This seems amazing because lately they have been cutting their new shows and if they do renew a show it is usually towards the end of the season.

Darklord Dave
09-17-2008, 05:52 PM
So far it seems to me like an excuse for HBO to make yet another sex show :dunno I thought it was about vampires. So far all I've seen is a lot 'o sex.

Nuttin' wrong wit dat.

The Monster
09-18-2008, 06:51 AM
Sookie will become a Vamp, Jason is becoming a Vamp, & as for sam I think we will try to kill Bill.

SovereignStudio
09-18-2008, 06:55 AM
Nuttin' wrong wit dat.

:rotfl Agreed, but on ly if that's what you're actually looking for. No shortage of places to watch sex these days. I'm just tired of HBO making shows that are supposed to be about one thing, and end up being about sex. I was expecting vampires. If I want to watch sex, I know where to look :o It seems sex is like CGI; it's used to gloss over poor story telling and character development. Man, HBO could make a series about 9/11 or the haulocaust and somehow, it would end up being about sex.

The ill Jedi
09-18-2008, 07:01 AM
Nuttin' wrong wit dat.
:naughty :rock :D

Sookie will become a Vamp, Jason is becoming a Vamp, & as for sam I think we will try to kill Bill.
I don't think Sookie will (I have a hunch she's immune), Jason might (he's hanging with all the wrong people) and I think Sam and Bill will team up to protect Sookie.

The Monster
09-18-2008, 07:03 AM
Comingsoon.net has reported that HBO has already went ahead and ordered a second season.

This is GREAT to know, I love this show!:chew:chew:chew

The Monster
09-18-2008, 07:20 AM
:naughty :rock :D

I don't think Sookie will (I have a hunch she's immune), Jason might (he's hanging with all the wrong people) and I think Sam and Bill will team up to protect Sookie.

If Sookie is immune she would not have new heightened senses. I do not see the Sam & Bill Teamup as Sam wants Sookie kept away from Vamps, Not only that but he is in love with her.

The ill Jedi
09-18-2008, 10:55 AM
If Sookie is immune she would not have new heightened senses. I do not see the Sam & Bill Teamup as Sam wants Sookie kept away from Vamps, Not only that but he is in love with her.
But see, that's the thing, she's not a 'normal' human. Bill has asked her, "what are you?", she has psychic abilities and is super strong (she threw that Rattray guy even though she was really hurt). I think she only has the heightened senses 'cause she was already something 'super' human.

As for Bill and Sam, why didn't he attack him when he was injured (after they tried to drain him) or when Bill saved Sookie from the beating? I think Sam's love of Sookie will keep him from fighting Bill, we'll see though.

I love this show!! :rock

Sick Boy 82
09-18-2008, 12:03 PM
But see, that's the thing, she's not a 'normal' human. Bill has asked her, "what are you?", she has psychic abilities and is super strong (she threw that Rattray guy even though she was really hurt). I think she only has the heightened senses 'cause she was already something 'super' human.

As for Bill and Sam, why didn't he attack him when he was injured (after they tried to drain him) or when Bill saved Sookie from the beating? I think Sam's love of Sookie will keep him from fighting Bill, we'll see though.

I love this show!! :rock

That was Bill moving really fast. I thought so at first to, but when I rewatched it, she barely grabs his pant leg and then he goes flying. You also hear the fast moving vampire sound too.

It does raise the question as to why she didn't change to a vampire when she drank Bill's blood. maybe he must drink hers first (pretty much drain her) and then she drinks in most of his. That's how it seems to work in some other movies I've seen. Can't wait to see more though!!

The ill Jedi
09-18-2008, 12:09 PM
That was Bill moving really fast. I thought so at first to, but when I rewatched it, she barely grabs his pant leg and then he goes flying. You also hear the fast moving vampire sound too.

It does raise the question as to why she didn't change to a vampire when she drank Bill's blood. maybe he must drink hers first (pretty much drain her) and then she drinks in most of his. That's how it seems to work in some other movies I've seen. Can't wait to see more though!!
Ah, I didn't catch that sound, thought it was her that did it.

True about her drinking his blood thought and he licked her would, you'd think that would change her too.

magman3
09-18-2008, 12:09 PM

Remember their blood is sold on the secondary market because its supposedly good for the "mortal". I'm confused on the whole biting thing since thats always how vampires turned mortals into vampires in the other movies and stories. Maybe all this will be answered in future episodes.

Darth Caedus
09-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Remember their blood is sold on the secondary market because its supposedly good for the "mortal". I'm confused on the whole biting thing since thats always how vampires turned mortals into vampires in the other movies and stories. Maybe all this will be answered in future episodes.

Yea, we don't know HOW people become vampires in this universe. I'm sure it will be explain in due time. I do love the chemistry between Bill and Sookie; with him being a vampire and her being a telepath, they are the only two "outsiders" in the town and share a bond. I also liked it that Bill want to know more about Sookie and Sookie wants to know more about Bill, nice little circle there.

As to Sookie being immune, I don't know.....we know she's not 100% human, if that's even what she is, it's odd that Sookie has it, but her brother doesn't. OR does he??? I think we'll find about something weird about her brother too, and didn't her Grandma look odd when Sookie smelled the chip on the floor, something going on there too.

McHavyck
09-19-2008, 10:49 PM
i see this going down as a "guilty pleasure".

Darklord Dave
09-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Yea, we don't know HOW people become vampires in this universe. I'm sure it will be explain in due time. I do love the chemistry between Bill and Sookie; with him being a vampire and her being a telepath, they are the only two "outsiders" in the town and share a bond. I also liked it that Bill want to know more about Sookie and Sookie wants to know more about Bill, nice little circle there.

As to Sookie being immune, I don't know.....we know she's not 100% human, if that's even what she is, it's odd that Sookie has it, but her brother doesn't. OR does he??? I think we'll find about something weird about her brother too, and didn't her Grandma look odd when Sookie smelled the chip on the floor, something going on there too.

I don't think Sookie and Bill are the the only 2 outsiders - there's grandma, who probably has a little of the "shine" herself, after all, where did Sookie get it from.

And there's Sam the were-collie.

b24karrot
09-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Found something on the internet about a episode 5.......

Really big huge spoiler you ARE NOT going to want to read unless you want to be really, really spoiled.

Grandma Adele is murdered after the Descendants of the Gloriuous Dead meeting that Bill attends. Sookie and Sam go out for coffee after the meeting and when Sookie comes home she finds her.

Hmmmmmm.......

The ill Jedi
09-20-2008, 04:58 PM
That spoiler button looks so big and tempting, but I'm not gonna press it!!! :nono

Darth Caedus
09-20-2008, 05:12 PM
That spoiler button looks so big and tempting, but I'm not gonna press it!!! :nono

I did, I shouldn't have, now I'm pissed at myself.

Darklord Dave
09-20-2008, 06:24 PM
I was kind of sorry I read that spoiler -that's why I made the warning bigger.

But anyone who's read the books could just come in here and ruin the whole thing.

The ill Jedi
09-20-2008, 07:01 PM
I did, I shouldn't have, now I'm pissed at myself.

I was kind of sorry I read that spoiler -that's why I made the warning bigger.

But anyone who's read the books could just come in here and ruin the whole thing.
Glad I resisted. :D

Sick Boy 82
09-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Well, guess I was wrong about Sam being the dog. Wow, that was crazy, expecially after he was acting like a dog in his sleep after screwing Tara. That ^^^^ was hilarious!!!!

Though he did call the dog "brother." Hmmm.... guess we'll see.

Tara's gay cousin, Lafayette the cook at the bar: "Oh damn, white folks just all ^^^^ed up." lololololololol Funniest scene in the show!

Sick Boy 82
09-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Wow, the upcoming episodes looks ^^^^in' awesome!!!! Can't wait!!

Darth Waller
09-22-2008, 06:42 AM
Tara's gay cousin, Lafayette the cook at the bar: "Oh damn, white folks just all ^^^^ed up." lololololololol Funniest scene in the show!

Yeah, that was pretty funny. :lol

galactiboy
09-22-2008, 08:12 AM
Fun that they messed with the whole Were-collie theory last episode...

Still enjoying it, and I'm definitely interested to see the extent of Sookie's powers.

Blake
09-22-2008, 09:59 AM
As far as Sookie turning into a vamp, I don't think you technically can if you just drink the blood. Vampirism is a virus passed through the bloodstream, much like a lot of other viruses in real life. I don't think you can catch it through the gastro-track.

Hulksmashed
09-22-2008, 10:02 AM
When I first heard about this show, I was skeptical to say the least. I expected weak vampires that are only slightly stronger then Humans. The "new age" vampire take, where its a disease, and all of the old myths are false type of things. I thought with all of the "realism" in unrealistic themes we see in movies and TV these days, that these vampires would be more "real world" with human like limitations.

Thankfully they portray vampires just how I like em! with maxed out powers, and mystic explainations! :rock

Darklord Dave
09-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Fun that they messed with the whole Were-collie theory last episode...

Still enjoying it, and I'm definitely interested to see the extent of Sookie's powers.

Yes, they're obviously playing with the Sam/dog relationship - perhaps they're psychically linked when Sam's asleep, or it could be a complete red herring.

And I like how they're getting into how vampirism works, at least toying with trying to explain it scientifically.

Hulksmashed
09-22-2008, 10:09 AM
This may have been talked about already, Im not sure. In episode 1 Sookie whips a chain at the Rattray (no idea on spelling) guys neck. The chain wraps and then seems to tighten on its own. Was that just the special effect, or was it super natural?

In other words, should I just accept that she whiped a chain at a guy and it wrapped around his neck, or did she cause it to wrap and tighten through some supernatural force?

Hulksmashed
09-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Yes, they're obviously playing with the Sam/dog relationship - perhaps they're psychically linked when Sam's asleep, or it could be a complete red herring.

And I like how they're getting into how vampirism works, at least toying with trying to explain it scientifically.

So any word (I didnt read the spoiler so don't spoil it lol) on whether vampires are the only supernatural creatures in the True Blood Universe? Seems to me that they are building to Sam being a wherewolf.

In the second episode there is a picture behind Sam in his office of what looks like a baby and a Collie, and it looks old. Plus in last nights episode, when Same and Sookies best friend are drinking on the porch, the conversation seems to point to the fact that Sam is more then meets the eye and has something to hide. Again it could be a red herring, but I sure hope its not!

We will most likely find out soon, with the clip of Sam attacking a vamp with a broken pool que!

Darth Caedus
09-22-2008, 01:03 PM

I think it's a red herring personally

This may have been talked about already, Im not sure. In episode 1 Sookie whips a chain at the Rattray (no idea on spelling) guys neck. The chain wraps and then seems to tighten on its own. Was that just the special effect, or was it super natural?

In other words, should I just accept that she whiped a chain at a guy and it wrapped around his neck, or did she cause it to wrap and tighten through some supernatural force?

I noticed that too...maybe Bill moved faster than anyone could see and made the chain go around his throat. I remember first seeing that part and thinking: "WOW, what a nice shot." Or maybe it is part of Sookie's Telekinesis or something.

The ill Jedi
09-22-2008, 01:17 PM
I noticed that too...maybe Bill moved faster than anyone could see and made the chain go around his throat. I remember first seeing that part and thinking: "WOW, what a nice shot." Or maybe it is part of Sookie's Telekinesis or something.
Bill was subdued by the Silver Chain and couldn't move, there's a lot more to Sookie than meets the eye methinks.

Vader AL
09-22-2008, 01:19 PM
the bar owner still could be some kind of dog/werewolf because he did say "Hello Brother" when the dog came up to him. now that might not mean anything but he did say "brother" and that's not something people normally say to their dogs. but he might just be mentally linked to the dog or animals in general.

Hulksmashed
09-22-2008, 01:25 PM
the bar owner still could be some kind of dog/werewolf because he did say "Hello Brother" when the dog came up to him. now that might not mean anything but he did say "brother" and that's not something people normally say to their dogs. but he might just be mentally linked to the dog or animals in general.

I agree. The fact that he goes after what looks like 4 vampires with a pool que, in what looks like a vampire bar makes me think he is at least a little confident that he stands a chance...

The show is all about Vampires "coming out". That doesnt mean ONLY vampires exist in this world. Even the fact that Sookie is whatever she is points to a more diverse world of wierd then just vampires.

Long story short, werewolves are not just possible, but probable!

Hulksmashed
09-22-2008, 01:27 PM
I think it's a red herring personally

The oddest thing was that they zoom in on the chain and it seems to tighten AFTER its been wrapped around his neck. A chain that thick and a girl with normal strength would never wrap that tight by just swinging it forward. Something else was going on there, or it was just poorly done.

Sick Boy 82
09-22-2008, 02:07 PM
In the Wikipedia for the books, there is all sorts of other funky stuff in the world, not just Vamps. So I'd be prepared for some other stuff for sure.

galactiboy
09-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Bill was subdued by the Silver Chain and couldn't move, there's a lot more to Sookie than meets the eye methinks.

I agree... it was tightening on its own and I think that it was because of her, although not intentionally, but that her power now works subconsciously when needed.

Darth Caedus
09-22-2008, 05:17 PM
I agree... it was tightening on its own and I think that it was because of her, although not intentionally, but that her power now works subconsciously when needed.

Yea, but they haven't shown her use her "powers" except to read minds. Apparently she can do MUCH more than that, hopefully her powers include Sookie involved in a naked mud wrestling event in the future. With this show, you never know..........

The ill Jedi
09-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Yea, but they haven't shown her use her "powers" except to read minds. Apparently she can do MUCH more than that, hopefully her powers include Sookie involved in a naked mud wrestling event in the future. With this show, you never know..........
Umm, she also has enhanced senses, she used smell in the previous episode and I'm sure all of her other senses are enhanced as well. I'm sure her strength has been augmented and whatever Psychic abilities she has, those are sure to have been boosted as well.

It's okay, I know you're slow. :monkey3:D

BadMoon
09-22-2008, 05:21 PM
I really like this show. :cool:

Darth Caedus
09-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Umm, she also has enhanced senses, she used smell in the previous episode and I'm sure all of her other senses are enhanced as well. I'm sure her strength has been augmented and whatever Psychic abilities she has, those are sure to have been boosted as well.

It's okay, I know you're slow. :monkey3:D

:rotfl:rotfl I watched the episodes late forget some parts, but didn't she throw that chain around the guy's neck BEFORE she drank Bill's blood?????

Darklord Dave
09-22-2008, 06:01 PM
:rotfl:rotfl I watched the episodes late forget some parts, but didn't she throw that chain around the guy's neck BEFORE she drank Bill's blood?????

Yep, all the enhanced senses stuff came after the vampfusion.

b24karrot
09-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Did anyone else notice that when the white guy left Lafayettes house Tara asked who that was and Lafayette said it was a senator...........that could be interesting...........

Sick Boy 82
09-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Hot damn!!!! Sookie looked fine as hell tonight!! Vampire Bait indeed!!!!

Darklord Dave
09-28-2008, 11:44 PM
Okay, now they're just ^^^^ing with us on Sam. Have him sniffing around like a dog and then it turns out he just might have a fetish. It's getting kind of old.

Sick Boy 82
09-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Okay, now they're just ^^^^ing with us on Sam. Have him sniffing around like a dog and then it turns out he just might have a fetish. It's getting kind of old.

Yeah, just tell us what's up with him already. It is getting a bit old.

Sick Boy 82
09-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Episode 1: Getting curb stomped

Episode 2: About to get drained

Episode 3: Finds a dead body

Episode 4: Nothing bad

Episode 5: ??

Episode 6: ??

Episode 7: ??

Episode 8: ??

Episode 9: ??

Episode 10: ??

Episode 11: ??

Episode 12: ??

Darth Caedus
09-29-2008, 12:40 AM
Yea, glad there wasn't any lame cliffhanger this episode. Had a little too much of Sookie's brother and not even Bill, but I enjoyed the episode.

As for Sam, he is SO a werewolf, part-werewolf; he's gotta be.

GrueSam
09-29-2008, 07:07 AM
I finally had the ability yesterday to watch this show and get caught up...

And I gotta say that I like it! http://charles-song.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/thumbsup.gif
(And yes, I was afraid that I may not...)

The ill Jedi
09-29-2008, 07:28 AM
Yes Sookie looked damn good in yesterday's Ep., The Vampire bar was cool, Jason's 'V' induced wood was funny as hell and Sam is so a Werewolf it'll be revealed in due time. This show is great!

EVILFACE
09-29-2008, 07:33 AM
Yea, she had some wonder bra going on there. Episode was a bit weird.

magman3
09-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Yea, she had some wonder bra going on there. Episode was a bit weird.

Gotta agree with you. I didn't enjoy this episode nearly as much as the others. Can't wait until next week though!

The Mike
09-29-2008, 11:51 AM
My wife caught wind of this show and is a huge Vampire fan. We don't have HBO so I'm going to have to go back and find some torrents for it....its been getting mixed reviews but by the serious enthusiasm going on in this thread I'll give it an honest shot.

galactiboy
09-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Its a solid show, not the best thing ever, but still enjoyable. The brother getting in and out of trouble is getting a bit old, but I think once the show is established we can get deeper into what is really going on.

Darth Caedus
09-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Its a solid show, not the best thing ever, but still enjoyable. The brother getting in and out of trouble is getting a bit old, but I think once the show is established we can get deeper into what is really going on.

I agree with the brother getting into trouble every freaking day. You would think that everybody in town would know what a loser he was by now if he does this all the time.

Yes Sookie looked damn good in yesterday's Ep., The Vampire bar was cool, Jason's 'V' induced wood was funny as hell and Sam is so a Werewolf it'll be revealed in due time. This show is great!

Sookie did indeed look mighty fine at the bar. If only she got those damn teeth fixed, she would be a 10.

galactiboy
09-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Sookie did indeed look mighty fine at the bar. If only she got those damn teeth fixed, she would be a 10.

I kinda like the gap toothed grin... gives her look something different.

dwing
09-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Wondering if Sam is the ever watching dog that hanging around Sookie?

b24karrot
10-02-2008, 12:48 AM
What the F is up with Sam rolling around in Dawns bed? Freaking stuff there.

So now Sookie has visions too, she can see things............wonder what other things she will be able to do.

Muzzy
10-03-2008, 10:03 AM
If the series follows the books then...

SPOILER ALERT!!!

in the books Sam is more of a were-everything than a werewolf.

b24karrot
10-03-2008, 10:57 AM
I have not read the books at all but I think Sam may be a shape shifter.......I guess we will see.

Sick Boy 82
10-03-2008, 11:07 AM
I have not read the books at all but I think Sam may be a shape shifter.......I guess we will see.

And maybe a murderer from the way things are going in the show!

The Mike
10-03-2008, 02:50 PM
....and it has boobies.

That reminds me I have to really watch this show.

galactiboy
10-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Great episode tonight, probably my favorite so far. And what an ending!

The ill Jedi
10-05-2008, 08:39 PM
I agree GB, best episode so far, loved every second of it. Very cool to see when and how Bill was turned. Glad to see it getting better and better.

b24karrot
10-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Have to agree with you both, great show tonight. It was good to see how Bill came to be a vampire.

Looks like maybe some good episodes coming up as well.

I think, and this is just a thought, but I think Sam is a shape shifter and he has the dog so he can shift into the dog mode and no one will know. Like when he wants to go out as the dog he locks the dog up in th house and he goes out and everyone thinks it is just his dog. Just a thought though.

I wonder if Bill ever sees the Vampire that made him a vampire, wonder if she ever comes around.

Can't wait till next week.

Chimera 1
10-06-2008, 08:12 AM
I think Bill is tracking the vamp that turned him and
she is the one killing these people. Also the cousin has a connection to get V which could also be the vamp that turned Bill.
Sookie needs to step up and get busy using her powers. It is starting to be like Supernatural when Sam has powers but never really uses them except in season premieres and finales. If Sookie is a badass vamp killer then get on with it already.
Purely speculation here (never read the books):
I think they are setting up the team of vamp killers. Sookie has to change since her Gram got killed, we know from previews that her brother does. Also Tara seems like she can kick serious ass and we know her gay cousin can. Also Sam can do something with the dog whether it is seeing through it's eyes or shape shifting, and Bill seems to be a renegade vamp and the dude with the thick accent is building up to something. I think his family is going to get killed. I think that is going to be the team of vamp killers right there.

The ill Jedi
10-06-2008, 08:24 AM
I think they are setting up the team of vamp killers. Sookie has to change since her Gram got killed, we know from previews that her brother does. Also Tara seems like she can kick serious ass and we know her gay cousin can. Also Sam can do something with the dog whether it is seeing through it's eyes or shape shifting, and Bill seems to be a renegade vamp and the dude with the thick accent is building up to something. I think his family is going to get killed. I think that is going to be the team of vamp killers right there.
I hope so, that would be awesome.

Sick Boy 82
10-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Killer, killer episode. To bad about Grams. Wonder who did her in?? Can't wait to see more next week!!

Chimera 1
10-06-2008, 08:49 AM
I hope so, that would be awesome.

Great minds think alike. We should be the ones coming up with story arcs for these shows. I bet they would have better ratings. Let the Freaks/Brotherhood write these shows!!!!!
I don't think they heard me. :lol

galactiboy
10-06-2008, 09:36 AM
I was wondering if

Maybe Sam was killing people in an attempt to point blame at Vampires; he clearly doesn't like them and was close enough on at least 2 of the people.

And like Bill suggested, if it was a Vampire they would have consumed the blood, not just left it.

Chimera 1
10-06-2008, 11:09 AM
I was wondering if

Maybe Sam was killing people in an attempt to point blame at Vampires; he clearly doesn't like them and was close enough on at least 2 of the people.

And like Bill suggested, if it was a Vampire they would have consumed the blood, not just left it.

How could Sam do it. If he is a werewolf, he would leave more than fang marks on the neck. Werewolves shred their prey, unless he is using some instrument to do it.

dwing
10-06-2008, 12:19 PM
[/SPOILER]
How could Sam do it. If he is a werewolf, he would leave more than fang marks on the neck. Werewolves shred their prey, unless he is using some instrument to do it.

Not if Sam was trying to blame the Vamps. I think they are trying to get to look at Sam but it will turn out to be someone else.

galactiboy
10-06-2008, 07:58 PM
[/SPOILER]

Not if Sam was trying to blame the Vamps. I think they are trying to get to look at Sam but it will turn out to be someone else.

Yep, that's about what I was thinking... and still:

We don't know for sure that Sam is a Werewolf... even though its highly hinted at. And I haven't read the books so if you know something try to make it a double spoiler so I don't look :)

Sick Boy 82
10-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Here we go:

As the series progresses, Sookie finds herself attracted to several other "supes", such as her boss and longtime friend Sam Merlotte, a true shifter who can turn into any animal he wishes.

Darth Caedus
10-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Here we go:

As the series progresses, Sookie finds herself attracted to several other "supes", such as her boss and longtime friend Sam Merlotte, a true shifter who can turn into any animal he wishes.

Where you hear that at? And since Sookie can read minds, wouldn't she have figured this out by now? Or since she shuts it down, she doesn't know.

Sick Boy 82
10-07-2008, 12:05 AM
From the book. And she try's not to read Sam's mind. She said that in one of the other episodes.

Chimera 1
10-07-2008, 06:46 AM
From the book. And she try's not to read Sam's mind. She said that in one of the other episodes.

She also said that when she tries it is usually just sounds and images. nothing substantial like an actual thought.

GrueSam
10-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Well, that was one great episode...

And I so did *not* see that ending coming! :google

Sick Boy 82
10-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Ok, well about half way in they ^^^^ with us again!!!! I swear to god if they don't stop that ^^^^, I'm gonna hurt someone!! :emperor

And that's kinda cool, it's not that Vampires are hurt by the sun (well maybe they are), but it seems that they are frozen in one place when the sun is up. Kinda a cool way to play that aspect of the Vampire.

Sick Boy 82
10-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Episode was ^^^^ing awesome!!!! Ending was definitely a shocker, but I saw it coming eventually. Can't wait to see next weeks episode with Sam going bad ass!

AP has a nice rack too just thought I would mention that.

Hulksmashed
10-13-2008, 05:13 AM
AP has a nice rack too just thought I would mention that.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Never thought we would see it in the show!

galactiboy
10-13-2008, 06:49 AM
Great episode... really like the pace and tone of the show, keeps it interesting. Definitely will be watching next week :rock

The ill Jedi
10-13-2008, 06:56 AM
This show just keeps getting better and better! I kinda sawBill biting Sookiecoming, but still a bit of a shocker nonetheless. I really love all the characters (except for the dumbass townfolk), Tara and Lafayette are two of my faves.

Oh and one more thing...Sookie Boobies!! :drool :rock

Chimera 1
10-13-2008, 07:15 AM
This show just keeps getting better and better! I kinda sawBill biting Sookiecoming, but still a bit of a shocker nonetheless. I really love all the characters (except for the dumbass townfolk), Tara and Lafayette are two of my faves.

Yeah I saw that coming to. I want to know what sookies Uncle did to Sookie. She seems to hate him.
I hope next episode makes up for the slowness of this episode. It was good but it dragged on a little to long. Next episode we see Tara's
Mom being exorcised. I wonder if she really was possessed.

Darth Caedus
10-13-2008, 09:53 AM
Oh and one more thing...Sookie Boobies!! :drool :rock

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Didn't see that coming at all, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

Darth Caedus
10-13-2008, 10:04 AM
Here's a breakdown and synopsis of the remaining episodes....spoilers involved

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38704

b24karrot
10-13-2008, 10:44 AM
I want to know what sookies Uncle did to Sookie. She seems to hate him.

Here is your answer WARNING SPOILER NOT YET REVEALED!!!!!!!!
He molested sookie

Sick Boy 82
10-13-2008, 10:55 AM
Here is your answer WARNING SPOILER NOT YET REVEALED!!!!!!!!
He molested sookie

Yeah, figured that easily. If you can't figure that out, you might be retarded. Just look at her when he is brought up.

Hulksmashed
10-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Yeah, figured that easily. If you can't figure that out, you might be retarded. Just look at her when he is brought up.

Yeah seems pretty obvious. Though in a straight drama it would probably be THAT simple. In TB universe though it could be more like he was THINKING about molesting her and she would always see images from his head of the two of them doing it or something crazy...

Darth Caedus
10-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah seems pretty obvious. Though in a straight drama it would probably be THAT simple. In TB universe though it could be more like he was THINKING about molesting her and she would always see images from his head of the two of them doing it or something crazy...

I could see that, which is probably why Jason invited him to the funeral. If he actually molested sookie I seriously doubt that Jason would invite him; he would probably want to kill him.

Darklord Dave
10-14-2008, 05:31 PM
I could see that, which is probably why Jason invited him to the funeral. If he actually molested sookie I seriously doubt that Jason would invite him; he would probably want to kill him.

Jason is clueless - he thinks that Grandma exiled the Uncle because of something between them (grandma and uncle) not because of something he did or thought to Sookie.

galactiboy
10-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Jason is clueless - he thinks that Grandma exiled the Uncle because of something between them (grandma and uncle) not because of something he did or thought to Sookie.

That was my thinking as well... sounded like whatever it was it was b/t the two of them.

Sick Boy 82
10-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Yeah, either he actually did something to her, or she could hear him thinking about doing stuff to her for a long time. Either way, Sookie hates old boy!!

Chimera 1
10-17-2008, 11:40 AM
This weeks episode seems like it is going to be action packed. They need more action and less sappiness in the show. i understand why it was there last week but they need to pick it up a bit.

Hulksmashed
10-17-2008, 11:51 AM
This weeks episode seems like it is going to be action packed. They need more action and less sappiness in the show. i understand why it was there last week but they need to pick it up a bit.

Sappiness leads to Sookie Nookie! And Sookie Nookie leads to nude Sookie Scenes. SO, I like the Sap! :naughty

Chimera 1
10-20-2008, 07:05 AM
Ok last nights episode was great. Is everyone convinced now that Sam is more than human? We did see him
Running naked through the field. He is definitely a werewolf
Also Everyone was right. Sookies uncle was a perv but didn't actually commit the act just thought about it.
We also know that
Bill is alive from watching next weeks preview because he grabs her leg
Jason is a freakin V fiend and a dumbass. Why would you go to a Vamp bar and ask for V?
Does anyone think it was really a demon in Tara's mom?

The ill Jedi
10-20-2008, 07:22 AM
Ok last nights episode was great. Is everyone convinced now that Sam is more than human? We did see him
Running naked through the field. He is definitely a werewolf
That was funny as hell, but yeah, there is something weird going on there.

We also know that
Bill is alive from watching next weeks preview because he grabs her leg
But that also means that if he is alive, then it's possible that the others survived as well.

Jason is a freakin V fiend and a dumbass. Why would you go to a Vamp bar and ask for V?
Does anyone think it was really a demon in Tara's mom?
Yes, Jason is a dumbass, but he did get to hook up with HOT ASS Lizzy Caplan! More BOOBIES!!! :drool :rock

Not convinced there was a demon, but the lady told Tara she had a demon too, so that may come back into play eventually.

Chimera 1
10-20-2008, 07:33 AM
But that also means that if he is alive, then it's possible that the others survived as well.

Not convinced there was a demon, but the lady told Tara she had a demon too, so that may come back into play eventually.

Yeah and if they are
Then they are going to be pissed, and they will come back and rip Merlottes apart. They might get an army and try a 30 days of night on Bon Temps which would bring the secrets out of some of the locals.
They definitely got me hooked though.

As for Tara
Maybe sam got her pregnant and that is the demon inside her.

The ill Jedi
10-20-2008, 07:39 AM
Yeah and if they are
Then they are going to be pissed, and they will come back and rip Merlottes apart. They might get an army and try a 30 days of night on Bon Temps which would bring the secrets out of some of the locals.
Yup, but hopefully all the Vampire Slayers we were hoping for will come outta the woodworks. :D

As for Tara
Maybe sam got her pregnant and that is the demon inside her.
Ahhhh, she did say her Demon was 'different'. ;)

Hulksmashed
10-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Yup, but hopefully all the Vampire Slayers we were hoping for will come outta the woodworks. :D

So that cousin of the police detective that did a tour in Iraq. They keep throwin him in there and he seems to have PTS syndrom from the war.

Last night though after the vampires tore up Merlottes place he was in the corner whimpering and said "he should have done something" tara says "Its not your JOB to do something" and he says "it IS my job" Or something along those lines. Could HE be a vamp slayer

Also:
if Same is in some way super powered, why did he fail so miserably against those vamps?

Sick Boy 82
10-20-2008, 01:19 PM
I just liked the hot chick Jason was with!! Damn nice rack! God I love HBO!!!!

Hulksmashed
10-20-2008, 01:34 PM

Nearly perfect rack. They need to keep her in the show for a good long while!

Sick Boy 82
10-20-2008, 01:52 PM

Nearly perfect rack. They need to keep her in the show for a good long while!

Seriously!! She is the perfect size for her body and she's cute in the hippie look too.

Wasn't she the girl in "The Happeneing"??

The ill Jedi
10-20-2008, 03:28 PM

Seriously!! She is the perfect size for her body and she's cute in the hippie look too.

Wasn't she the girl in "The Happeneing"??
1st of all she is Lizzy Caplan and yes she is super HOT.

2nd she was in Cloverfield and Mean Girls, and you are confusing her with another super Hottie (Zoey Deschanel).

Damn you dissapoint me Zack. :D

The ill Jedi
10-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Lizzy Caplan

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/illJedi26/Beauties/images1206091_LizzyCaplan.jpg

Zoey Deschanel

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/illJedi26/Beauties/ewouttake1.jpg

They are both mine so ^^^^ off!! :D

Sick Boy 82
10-20-2008, 03:39 PM
^^^^ you Ill!!! They look exactly alike. (Well, more or less) Damn, they are fine as hell!!!!

I would kill a small child to be with either one of them for a night, so don't get in my way man!! If a drunken Josh in his prime couldn't put me down, I know you can't!! :lol

Darth Caedus
10-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Yea, I'm a huge fan of Lizzy Caplan, I do hope they keep her around as well.

hydrobud
10-20-2008, 04:14 PM
my wife hates this show because its unrealistic. i responded ,pssst....like spiderman and iron man is anymore realistic than this show. i think it gets better every week.

Sick Boy 82
10-20-2008, 04:17 PM
my wide hates this show because its unrealistic. i responded ,pssst....like spiderman and iron man is anymore realistic than this show. i think it gets better every week.

Pretty sure your wife would like you calling her wide!!!! You'd better fix that ^^^^ man!! :lol

The ill Jedi
10-20-2008, 05:22 PM
^^^^ you Ill!!! They look exactly alike. (Well, more or less) Damn, they are fine as hell!!!!

I would kill a small child to be with either one of them for a night, so don't get in my way man!! If a drunken Josh in his prime couldn't put me down, I know you can't!! :lol
:lol Hell yeah they are fine, I am obsessed with them and I too would go to extremes to bed either of these beauties. :drool Oh and I am much bigger than Josh, so I'd whoop your ass!! :D

Yea, I'm a huge fan of Lizzy Caplan, I do hope they keep her around as well.
This is the least gayest thing you have ever said, Bravo. :clap

my wife hates this show because its unrealistic. i responded ,pssst....like spiderman and iron man is anymore realistic than this show. i think it gets better every week.
fixed it for you. ;) And yes this show is awesome!! :rock

galactiboy
10-21-2008, 07:11 AM
Ah the chick from Cloverfield... that was really bugging me and I was too lazy to bother looking it up :lol Yes she is a nice addition to the cast and again this show does not dissapoint.

Chimera 1
10-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Ah the chick from Cloverfield... that was really bugging me and I was too lazy to bother looking it up :lol Yes she is a nice addition to the cast and again this show does not dissapoint.

If she acted like that in Cloverfield it might have made that a decent movie :lol

Darth Caedus
10-21-2008, 09:39 AM
This is the least gayest thing you have ever said, Bravo. :clap

Well, you know, that's how I roll.

Forgot to mention, I did like the DIRECT action Bill took against Sookie's great-uncle, no questions asked, just get bit and dumped in the lake. Seemed like a throw away character and time just to have Bill kill him in less then 1 minute screen time.

The Mike
10-21-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm a fan of both Zooey and Lizzy but since Lizzy showed the boobage she is higher in my book now. :lol

Still downloading but not watching this show...gotta get around to it. Although for some reason Lizzy Caplan's topless scene made all the net sites yesterday...

hydrobud
10-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Pretty sure your wife would like you calling her wide!!!! You'd better fix that ^^^^ man!! :lol

correction made .

has there been a discussion yet about Sam possibly being a werewolf. if this is the case the series jumped up a couple notches for me. im to lazy to look hrough the pages

Sick Boy 82
10-24-2008, 08:08 AM
That's what's in the books, but so far on the show it's kinda conflicting. Of course, we do see Sam running naked through the field and then there is him rolling in the sheets of that dead girl and then the painting on the wall of his office in his bar.

Chimera 1
10-24-2008, 08:23 AM
correction made .

has there been a discussion yet about Sam possibly being a werewolf. if this is the case the series jumped up a couple notches for me. im to lazy to look hrough the pages

Him being a werewolf is one of the biggest mysteries but as sickboy said it is in the books so we are just waiting for that to be revealed in the show.
Also I am waiting for them to explore Sookies fighting ability more.

Sick Boy 82
10-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Damn, this episode was ^^^^ing awesome!! To bad that Amy is a ^^^^ing nut job!!!! But damn, she is ^^^^ing smoking hot!!

Can't wait to see next weeks episode!! Looks so badass!!!!

Cirielle
10-27-2008, 05:10 AM

Make her read the books and she will like it more....

Amy as :peace chick was really getting on my nerves....then Amy as strung out junkie really made me wanna go ballistic....

The show is just okay.....

My beloved books though are the bomb.

Though I must say Eric is quite nice on this show.....quite nice!

Hulksmashed
10-27-2008, 05:31 AM
Ok for last nights episode...a few things. Did anyone get really curious about all of the animal heads Sam had put up over the bar? And it came right after he got his butt kicked by the vamps. Maybe he needs proximity to use animal power/shapeshifting ability. By having the stuffed heads maybe he can draw on those animals. Also, that would explain why the suspected Sam Dog looks just like Sam's dog.

Second:
Amy spoke of Sookie's brothers "unrealized potential". She also seems to know an awful lot about vampire capture and also talked about "the hunt"....could she be a slayer that has realized jason is also a slayer? She was at a vampire bar when she was introduced. The hunt for V could just be to introduce Jason to slaying. AND maybe slayers use V to increase thier strength and senses for the hunt?

galactiboy
10-27-2008, 06:27 AM
Interesting theories...

All I know is I was kinda hoping that Amy chick was stable, you know give Jason less of a reason to be a screw-up. After last night I'm guessing that won't be the case :lol Each week they really do leave me wanting to see what happens next; one of the few shows I'm really invested in this season.

Darklord Dave
10-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Anyone notice the magazines on Sam's table - one of them was "BARK".

Very interesting episode - Dexter is still the best bloody show on Sunday night, but True Blood is at least keeping me intrigued.

Darth Loki
10-27-2008, 06:51 PM
When are they just going to rename this show 'Twilight' :rolleyes:

galactiboy
10-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Probably when everyone looks like a teen model on the show :lol

The ill Jedi
10-27-2008, 07:13 PM
When are they just going to rename this show 'Twilight' :rolleyes:
True Blood is nowhere near gay enough to be called that.

Sick Boy 82
10-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Yeah, it's got hot hot hot naked chicks and real, badass vampires, not some emo-ass teenage, "cutting" losers!!

Darth Loki
10-28-2008, 06:45 AM
True Blood is nowhere near gay enough to be called that.

Give me a ^^^^ing break dude. They've ripped the entire main plot from Twilight.

Hmmm, a girl with a 'gift' falls in love with a vampire. Yet there's a werewolf who is also in love with her.

Wow, what a completely original idea :rolleyes:

Cirielle
10-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Since you all need some learning -

The Twilight Series is a book series by Stephenie Meyer and started with Twilight the book written in 2004

True Blood is based on the Southern Vampire Series written by Charlaine Harris and the first book Dead Until Dark written in 2000.

The publishing dates are 2005 and 2001 respectively (therefore written previously the year before.

Cirielle
10-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Oh and just so you all know - Sam is not and never will be a werewolf......I repeat HE IS NOT A WEREWOLF

galactiboy
10-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Hey, how about a spoiler warning for those of us watching the show :tap

Sick Boy 82
10-28-2008, 08:38 AM
Ok, well here's something I found on the web about Sookie from the books:

Harris describes Sookie as a tanned, blue-eyed, and buxom blond. But although she is young, fit and good looking, Sookie did not have many suitors until she met the vampire Bill Compton. Being able to read her date's minds was usually a big turn-off for Sookie. And her reputation as a weirdo didn't make her very attractive either.

Now Sookie finds herself attracted to dominant men with supernatural abilities. Vampires and other "supes" are harder to read than humans, muffling the effects of her telepathy and giving Sookie a refreshing break from the constant noise of other people's thoughts.

Vampires seem especially immune to her ability. Their brains appear to be blank spaces when compared to the busy tangle of ideas that come from a human's mind.

Because of this relaxing blankness, Sookie was able to experience her first physical and emotional romantic relationship with Bill, who was turned into a vampire following the American Civil War. He introduced her to the complexities of vampire society in the United States. This led to many difficulties for Sookie but their relationship lasted several months before his infidelity with a former lover, the vampire Lorena, led Sookie to break things off. Eric later forced Bill to reveal to a shocked Sookie that he was ordered by the Queen of Louisiana to court her in order for the Queen to gain her loyalty. Though Bill swore that he really did fall in love with her over time, a devastated and depressed Sookie told Bill he was banished from her life.

As the series progresses, Sookie finds herself attracted to several other "supes", such as her boss and longtime friend Sam Merlotte, a true shifter who can turn into any animal he wishes. Sookie and Sam kiss several times and they've discussed the possibility of a romantic relationship, but Sookie was worried about the effect it would have on their business relationship. She also went out on a few dates with the werewolf Alcide Herveaux. In that case, his violent ex-girlfriend Debbie proved to be an obstacle to a relationship.

Some time after her break-up with Bill, Sookie was forced to care for his boss, the vampire sheriff of Area 5, Eric Northman. Eric was under a witch's curse that altered his memory and left him vulnerable and more attractive to Sookie than his ordinarily manipulative self. When he regained his memory, he also regained his deep entanglement with vampire politics, leading Sookie to break off the relationship. Eric recently revealed that he recalls all of the events that occurred while he was under the curse.

Sookie also dated the famous weretiger Quinn. However, that relationship became strained after Quinn and his sister disappeared at the end of All Together Dead. Sookie ended the relationship when she realized Quinn would always put his family (his half-sister Frannie and his deranged mother) ahead of her.

Cirielle
10-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Hey, how about a spoiler warning for those of us watching the show :tap

Trust me it is not a spoiler.....by all means! :D

But if you want me to act like it is one I can ....

Sick Boy 82
10-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Trust me it is not a spoiler.....by all means! :D

But if you want me to act like it is one I can ....

Well, first off it just polite to be considerate of everyone else. If you already know, just let other people watch and they can figure it out for themselves.

So just use the Spoiler Tag if you think other people might not want to know ahead of time.

galactiboy
10-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Yep fairly simple... I haven't read the books and for now probably won't as I'm enjoying seeing the show unfold.

The ill Jedi
10-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Since you all need some learning -

The Twilight Series is a book series by Stephenie Meyer and started with Twilight the book written in 2004

True Blood is based on the Southern Vampire Series written by Charlaine Harris and the first book Dead Until Dark written in 2000.

The publishing dates are 2005 and 2001 respectively (therefore written previously the year before.
:lecture Loki = Owned like a ^^^^^

Darth Loki
10-28-2008, 10:16 AM
:lecture Loki = Owned like a ^^^^^

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Like you knew this

Cirielle
10-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Yep fairly simple... I haven't read the books and for now probably won't as I'm enjoying seeing the show unfold.

If you like to read - please do read the books - they are better.....

They don't have the same things in the show as the book and vice versa.....

galactiboy
10-28-2008, 11:26 AM
I plan on reading it after the first season ends... I just don't like to start one in the middle of the other if that makes sense :lol

Cirielle
10-28-2008, 12:08 PM
I plan on reading it after the first season ends... I just don't like to start one in the middle of the other if that makes sense :lol

Absolutely understand - I just didn't want you to not read it as it is a good read.....

But I must admit - my favorite book of the series will probably never make it to the series......

Just because it is the 5th book.....and I doubt there will be 5 seasons....

The ill Jedi
10-28-2008, 12:26 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Like you knew this
No, I admit that I didn't, just celebrating the fact that you got owned. :D

The ill Jedi
10-28-2008, 12:29 PM
In regards to the latest episode, I though it was great, I felt really bad for Lafayette's 'associate' and Amy turned out to be a ^^^^ing nut. I'm interested to see if Tara is pregnant or if she really does have a demon of her own and if Sookie survives the Vampire BArtender's attack! :horror :D

Cirielle
10-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Why would you think that Tara is (see spoiler)???

I didn't get that vibe....

P.S. Anything with Tara is a mystery for me as she is not part of the books like she is for the show.....

Jair
10-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Any idea of how long the season is? I rented the pilot from blockbuster a few weeks ago and thought the show had some promise but I'll have no desire to add HBO to my already large cable bill.

I've noticed it's not avaliable on Itunes either. I guess I will wait till it hits video.

Evan

Darklord Dave
10-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Most HBO series are 13 episodes - I haven't heard anything about this one though.

The ill Jedi
10-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Why would you think that Tara is (see spoiler)???

I didn't get that vibe....

P.S. Anything with Tara is a mystery for me as she is not part of the books like she is for the show.....
'Cause when they went to get rid of her Mom's demon, the lady told her she had a 'Different kind of demon inside her' She had already slept with sam a couple of times and we suspect him of being a were-something.

Darth Caedus
10-28-2008, 03:40 PM
Her Demon probably causes her to be a b.itch, I've wanted to punch her in the face since the first episode

The ill Jedi
10-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Her Demon probably causes her to be a b.itch, I've wanted to punch her in the face since the first episode
That's her character, you on the other hand are really a ^^^^^ and I wanna punch you in the face too. I like her so go to hell. :D

Darth Caedus
10-28-2008, 03:58 PM
That's her character, you on the other hand are really a ^^^^^ and I wanna punch you in the face too. I like her so go to hell. :D

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl I have had many apeople want to punch me in the face, you're just going to have to get in the long line.