Forbidden Planet International vs Forbidden Planet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
same shops. quite a big chain in the uk with many shops. international is for outside the uk

So far as I'm aware they are not the same company, even though they share the same name.(You can tell this if you look at their 'store location pages' ) I've ordered many times from .co.uk, but never from .com.
The two sites differ greatly, on .com they have regular updates of expected dates and list release dates. My big gripe with .co.uk is they hardly ever do this. Both are about the same on price.
I'm thinking of switching my business to .com. It just seems a more 'together' organistaion, even though .co.uk's website is 'flashier'. Also I have there Newcastle store on my doorstep and they have always been great, but sometimes the prices in store are more expensive than online.
The London Store is great too, I bought my Toys Mccoy Indy from there years ago!

the diffrence is one is international ( they pull products from all shops which is .co.uk, the other site .com is just one shop from the group of the chain

I naturally prefer .co.uk cos I am a Londoner :D

only ever bought my wolf pred with them so far and while the wait was long it was worth it.

I naturally prefer .co.uk cos I am a Londoner :D

only ever bought my wolf pred with them so far and while the wait was long it was worth it.

The best thing about .co.uk is if they know they're only going to get twenty pieces of a certain collectible they only take twenty pre-orders, if .com has twenty pieces as well they will take countless pre-orders on it & you think you have it safely ordered, then the piece is released and you're not one of the twenty & you're snookered cause it's sold out everywhere else. It's happened to me twice cause the first time I gave them the benefit of the doubt but I'm finished buying limited edition stuff from them now.

I'm sure I heard somewhere that the guy that owns co.uk got a divorce from his wife and she got the rights to set up the .com business or something like that, which is why there are two seperate websites in existence with the same name.

I've ordered numerous times from co.uk, but never from .com. However I know someone who had problems with .com. He'd placed an order for quite an old Sideshow piece (I think it was the Darth Vader PF) when it didn't appear he rang and enquired and was fobbed off a couple of times until he was finally told that they didn't have the item in stock but were hoping to get it in their warehouse. Bear in mind this was year's after it's release, so if they didn't have it in stock where were they gonna get it from?

Of course no money was taken from his credit card, but they still kept him hanging on when he could've gone elsewhere and got it.

Back