The Dark Knight DVD pre-order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morbach

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay so a date has been set. It is said to be the week before Christmas which is the 15th of December. I found this out because F.Y.E's are already taking pre-orders for it because they are expecting such a rush of customers to be getting it.

I got my pre-order in, 'cause with a Dvd that big and it being around Christmas and all, you don't know just how hard it could be to get it. As of right now there is only said to be a single disc and a 2 disc special edtion (only $25). I ordered the special editon.:banana:banana So go! go get yours!

You actually think it might be hard to get? I really wouldn't count on it, I'm sure everywhere will be fully stocked so there won't really be a need for preordering. This isn't like a collectors edition video game at Gamestop.

You actually think it might be hard to get? I really wouldn't count on it, I'm sure everywhere will be fully stocked so there won't really be a need for preordering. This isn't like a collectors edition video game at Gamestop.

Even though this was over 20 years ago but E.T. was hard to get when it came out on VHS and Laserdisc. :lol

I think the bluray may be hard to get initially. Places seem to always under order the bluray copy. I've gone into a Best Buy on numerous occassions only to find the bluray version of the movie I want is sold out. There sitting next to the empty slot is about 200 of the DVD.

apparently if you pre-order at Suncoast, they have an exclusive Blu-ray special edition.

of course, they couldn't really tell me what made it special.

I'll wait and see closer to the time if a really special edition comes out somewhere, I ordered the FYE Iron Man steel book only to find out I could get a similar one here already :rolleyes:

I'm going to wait on this until we get more info from other stores. This movie will have more "exclusive editions" with goodies than you can shake a stick at.

I wish there werent so many tho. Sometimes im tempted to buy more than one copy of the dvd just for the extras from different stores

just PO it from Amazon (unless you want the exclusive edition)...they'll probably have a few million units. :D

I wish there werent so many tho. Sometimes im tempted to buy more than one copy of the dvd just for the extras from different stores

Yeah, that's the downside.

My ideal exclusive would be a steelbook version of the blu-ray. I'd be locked in, then.

yeah i'll wait to see what special editions are available first. i'll buy the blueray if need be just like i did with im, even though i don't have player yet:rotfl:rotfl i just burn the regular versions

DVDs will be everywhere. Three versions, I believe. Two versions of the Blu-ray, which has a better chance of being hard to find when they underestimate demand.

I do think this will be hard to get with it being the week before Christmas and all. It might be back in stock soon after they sell out (if they sell out) but I'd rather play it safe and F.Y.E is giving out a freebie with pre-order,they didn't say what but they said probably a poster or something and you get $2 off of it for pre-ordering it.

Update for TDK release!! Wohoo!! And don't be a fool, you know the only way to watch this moive will be on Blu-Ray, so uncheap your asses and go pick upa BR-Player too!!!! They will more than likely be on sale on Black Friday!!

Dark Knight available for preorder now.

The summer's biggest blockbuster Dark Knight has a release date and it is December 9th for the MSRP of $35.99. According to High-Def Digest, this 2-disc Blu-ray set will include the 153-minute feature film on a BD-50 dual-layer disc with 1080p/VC-1 video and English Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Surround audio. The disc will also include some yet-unannounced BD-Live-enabled content, as well as a digital copy of the film. It is now available for pre-order on Amazon for 24.95. Full list of extras, after the break.

* Gotham Uncovered: Creation of a Scene
* Batman Tech - The Incredible Gadgets and Tools (HD)
* Batman Unmasked: The Psychology of The Dark Knight (HD)
* Gotham Tonight - 6 Episodes of Gotham Cable's Premier News Program
* The Galleries - The Joker Cards, Concept Art, Poster Art, Production Stills, Trailers & TV Spots

Back