PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight DVD pre-order

Morbach
09-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Okay so a date has been set. It is said to be the week before Christmas which is the 15th of December. I found this out because F.Y.E's are already taking pre-orders for it because they are expecting such a rush of customers to be getting it.

I got my pre-order in, 'cause with a Dvd that big and it being around Christmas and all, you don't know just how hard it could be to get it. As of right now there is only said to be a single disc and a 2 disc special edtion (only $25). I ordered the special editon.:banana:banana So go! go get yours!

wofford29
09-05-2008, 08:44 AM
I suspect this one to break as many dvd records as it did box office records.

JABBATHERIDGE
09-05-2008, 08:57 AM
I hardly buy any DVD's these days - but this one's at the top of my list, can't wait to see what extras are included on it.

darthviper107
09-05-2008, 08:58 AM
You actually think it might be hard to get? I really wouldn't count on it, I'm sure everywhere will be fully stocked so there won't really be a need for preordering. This isn't like a collectors edition video game at Gamestop.

A_Zombie
09-05-2008, 08:59 AM
I'm preordering a special edition for the Blu-Ray

A_Zombie
09-05-2008, 09:00 AM
You actually think it might be hard to get? I really wouldn't count on it, I'm sure everywhere will be fully stocked so there won't really be a need for preordering. This isn't like a collectors edition video game at Gamestop.

Even though this was over 20 years ago but E.T. was hard to get when it came out on VHS and Laserdisc. :lol

wofford29
09-05-2008, 09:01 AM
I think the bluray may be hard to get initially. Places seem to always under order the bluray copy. I've gone into a Best Buy on numerous occassions only to find the bluray version of the movie I want is sold out. There sitting next to the empty slot is about 200 of the DVD.

darthviper107
09-05-2008, 09:50 AM
That might be the case with Blu-Ray since it really isn't all that popular. I only see places carry like a few of a title on Blu-Ray.

McHavyck
09-05-2008, 09:56 AM
apparently if you pre-order at Suncoast, they have an exclusive Blu-ray special edition.

of course, they couldn't really tell me what made it special.

nozzlewizard
09-05-2008, 10:17 AM
I'll wait and see closer to the time if a really special edition comes out somewhere, I ordered the FYE Iron Man steel book only to find out I could get a similar one here already :rolleyes:

scubasteve
09-06-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm going to wait on this until we get more info from other stores. This movie will have more "exclusive editions" with goodies than you can shake a stick at.

NewGoblin23
09-06-2008, 10:59 AM
I wish there werent so many tho. Sometimes im tempted to buy more than one copy of the dvd just for the extras from different stores

bumblebee
09-06-2008, 11:14 AM
I'll be getting this on blu ray.

McHavyck
09-06-2008, 02:19 PM
just PO it from Amazon (unless you want the exclusive edition)...they'll probably have a few million units. :D

scubasteve
09-06-2008, 05:45 PM
I wish there werent so many tho. Sometimes im tempted to buy more than one copy of the dvd just for the extras from different stores

Yeah, that's the downside.

My ideal exclusive would be a steelbook version of the blu-ray. I'd be locked in, then.

quadcent
09-06-2008, 10:05 PM
yeah i'll wait to see what special editions are available first. i'll buy the blueray if need be just like i did with im, even though i don't have player yet:rotfl:rotfl i just burn the regular versions

tomandshell
09-06-2008, 10:23 PM
DVDs will be everywhere. Three versions, I believe. Two versions of the Blu-ray, which has a better chance of being hard to find when they underestimate demand.

Morbach
09-08-2008, 07:22 AM
I do think this will be hard to get with it being the week before Christmas and all. It might be back in stock soon after they sell out (if they sell out) but I'd rather play it safe and F.Y.E is giving out a freebie with pre-order,they didn't say what but they said probably a poster or something and you get $2 off of it for pre-ordering it.

Sick Boy 82
10-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Update for TDK release!! Wohoo!! And don't be a fool, you know the only way to watch this moive will be on Blu-Ray, so uncheap your asses and go pick upa BR-Player too!!!! They will more than likely be on sale on Black Friday!!

Dark Knight available for preorder now.

The summer's biggest blockbuster Dark Knight has a release date and it is December 9th for the MSRP of $35.99. According to High-Def Digest, this 2-disc Blu-ray set will include the 153-minute feature film on a BD-50 dual-layer disc with 1080p/VC-1 video and English Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Surround audio. The disc will also include some yet-unannounced BD-Live-enabled content, as well as a digital copy of the film. It is now available for pre-order on Amazon for 24.95. Full list of extras, after the break.

* Gotham Uncovered: Creation of a Scene
* Batman Tech - The Incredible Gadgets and Tools (HD)
* Batman Unmasked: The Psychology of The Dark Knight (HD)
* Gotham Tonight - 6 Episodes of Gotham Cable's Premier News Program
* The Galleries - The Joker Cards, Concept Art, Poster Art, Production Stills, Trailers & TV Spots

CelticPredator
10-10-2008, 01:59 PM
So....what are the DVD features...?

Sick Boy 82
10-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Sorry, you broke mofos will have to hunt that down yourselves! :lol I only subscribe to this BR website. :monkey3

CelticPredator
10-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Not broke. Dont care enough to buy every movie again. Yeeash. Why do all the Blu Ray owners come off so pompus?

Besides, there isnt any info. Pissing me off.

The Ween
10-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Not broke. Dont care enough to buy every movie again. Yeeash. Why do all the Blu Ray owners come off so pompus?

Besides, there isnt any info. Pissing me off.

Here ya go, Celtic!

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/the-dark-knight.html

CelticPredator
10-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks Ween! Much appreciated! :D

CelticPredator
10-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Hmm...looking at those features....I may just download it. I loved the movie to death, but those features are lame. But who knows. I may change my mind....

Morbach
10-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Hmm...looking at those features....I may just download it. I loved the movie to death, but those features are lame. But who knows. I may change my mind....

You gotta know though that there will be like a super ultra mega edition down the line somewhere for this. As big as it was there is alot of extras and they aren't giving 'em to us....yet.

Like with Iron Man,that movie had nothing to offer other than deleted/altered scenes and some other things. Now,as big as that movie was I know that there will be more features than that on a dvd later down the line.

That's why I'm not buying it,I'm waiting for the better one to come out.I am still buying The Dark Knight though,even without good special features.:D

Darth Madden
10-11-2008, 07:58 AM

Those are some pretty lame extras.. I may have to skip that one as well.

DarkArtist81
10-11-2008, 08:26 AM
Update for TDK release!! Wohoo!! And don't be a fool, you know the only way to watch this moive will be on Blu-Ray, so uncheap your asses and go pick upa BR-Player too!!!! They will more than likely be on sale on Black Friday!!

:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

Krypto
10-11-2008, 09:56 AM

So you've seen the special features then? What's the world like in December? ;)

CelticPredator
10-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Im looking, and I see ZERO making of things. So, I dont care.

Iron Man has great extras. 2, 1 hour long specials on making the film. Its great.

CelticPredator
10-11-2008, 10:30 AM
:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

No, the ONLY way to watch it is in IMAX. So....

Krypto
10-12-2008, 03:43 AM
Im looking, and I see ZERO making of things. So, I dont care.

Iron Man has great extras. 2, 1 hour long specials on making the film. Its great.

http://www.dvdactive.com/images/news/screenshot/2008/10/darkknightser1backcover.jpg

Gotham Uncovered: Creation of a Scene - How Christopher Nolan and his team developed the new Bat-suit and Bat-pod and composer Hans Zimmer on musically channeling the Joker's reign of chaos.

Sounds like a pretty nice documentary and it should be well over an hour, perhaps two.

I do hope that the History Channel documentaries make it onto the DVD. I really wanted to see those. Damn them if they force me to buy a Blu-Ray player to view those features.

Morbach
10-12-2008, 08:11 AM
As long as I get to watch the movie whenever I want then I'm good. :)

Morbach
10-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Okay,just found this. This is awesome. Don't just look at the batpod,read what editions they're doing. http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEI5OPIOfONdMO

CelticPredator
10-12-2008, 09:52 AM
http://www.dvdactive.com/images/news/screenshot/2008/10/darkknightser1backcover.jpg

Sounds like a pretty nice documentary and it should be well over an hour, perhaps two.

I do hope that the History Channel documentaries make it onto the DVD. I really wanted to see those. Damn them if they force me to buy a Blu-Ray player to view those features.

Doubt it. The Batsuit? Meh, the Pod? Eh.... The score....intresting...but NOTHING ABOUT HEATH OR THE JOKER. NOTHING. I want to know more about how that happend. How he got casted, why, his audition tape, Nolan's vision. Concept art.....ect. Screw the Batpod, I want the Joker.

Dr.Mirakle32
10-12-2008, 10:05 AM
I want to know when Warners will officially announce the first four films on Blu Ray, along with the cover art.

The Ween
10-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Okay,just found this. This is awesome. Don't just look at the batpod,read what editions they're doing. http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEI5OPIOfONdMO

The Batpod has already changed. I'm wanting that but I have no idea who'll be selling it. I got a email from Amazon about pre-ordering, but they don't have the Batpod edition. So far I can't find it anywhere for pre-order. :(

Darth Madden
10-12-2008, 11:46 AM
I'd kind of like to know where the batbod version is available too.

Krypto
10-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Doubt it. The Batsuit? Meh, the Pod? Eh.... The score....intresting...but NOTHING ABOUT HEATH OR THE JOKER. NOTHING. I want to know more about how that happend. How he got casted, why, his audition tape, Nolan's vision. Concept art.....ect. Screw the Batpod, I want the Joker.

At least wait for some DVD reviews before you blast special features you've yet to see. ;) I'm sure there will be a variety of different subject covered during the length of the features.

I want to know when Warners will officially announce the first four films on Blu Ray, along with the cover art.

There will likely be an annoucement soon, I'd imagine. They will at least re-release the now OOP Motion Picture Anthology boxset on regular DVD.

The Josh
10-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Ordered my BR copy from Amazon. Can't wait!!

dudu
10-31-2008, 07:56 PM
You can order the batpod from Warner Home Video..

Darth Madden
10-31-2008, 08:07 PM
You can order the batpod from Warner Home Video..

I see it for Blu-ray... is there a DVD batpod version?

Kuzeh
11-01-2008, 06:54 AM
Why do people pre-order DVD's?
It's no like their going to sell-out, is it?...

Krypto
11-01-2008, 07:02 AM
I understand pre-ordering online, since many times the companies will ship early so you have a good shot of getting the movie before release date, but pre-ordering in store seems silly unless it's something rare. Dark Knight...there will be millions of copies all over the world.

Morbach
11-01-2008, 07:09 AM
I don't know what copy I'm getting. All I know is that there is a 2 disc addition from fye that I pre-ordered. I think fye has the metal tin cover as their exclusive.

Pre-ordering in store is a bit silly,but I want to avoid rushes and so by pre-ordering I can avoid rushes and just be at the head of the line.

Kabukiman
11-01-2008, 02:18 PM

This question comes up a lot and here are my answers:

1) In the case of Indies (like Troma), preordering is a way for retailers to gauge interest in a product. If a lot of people preorder a product, chances are, that retailer will stock more of said product. (I realize that's not the case with DK, but it's still a valid reason)

2) Freebies. Many retailers give you a bonus toy, code, download, whatever, for preordering.

3) Piece of mind knowing you don't have to stop at the store and get it. I know this isn't a big deal for some people, but for many, a stop at the store can really feel like a chore.

4) If you preorder from Amazon, you are guaranteed the lowest price. DK Blu-Ray showed up in my personal gold box on day at the fantastic price of $22.99. I preordered and also have a guarantee that if it goes lower, they will adjust the price. I also get free 2 Day shipping with Amazon Prime.

Those are all just my personal reasons, I'm sure other people have other reasons.

uscmhicks
11-01-2008, 03:31 PM

I've always thought the same with games unless there limited edition ones. Kabukimans explination explains alot though.

The Ringer
11-01-2008, 04:34 PM
I am so excited that this movie is coming out next month!

The Ween
11-01-2008, 05:42 PM
I see it for Blu-ray... is there a DVD batpod version?

They have it at Best Buy and Amazon as well. It must only be available in Blu-Ray because all three places only have it that way.

I guess this will be my first Blu-Ray disc because I have to have this set. :lol

I was holding out buying a Blu-Ray player until the LotR comes out in Blu-Ray.

dudu
11-01-2008, 06:11 PM
It's up for pre order at Amazon now for the batpod. Has anyone seen the FYE versions? I heard they have 3 different covers.

Darth Madden
11-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Amazon still only has the Blu-ray batpod... I hope they get the DVD version since I have a $25 gift certificate I want to use on it.

Agent23
11-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Are you Madden821 (or whatever)?

Formerly known as "You are a tooooooooy!"

?

Darth Madden
11-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Yep, that WAS me. Figured it was time for a change. :)

Agent23
11-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Yep, that WAS me. Figured it was time for a change. :)

I always thought it was better to stay the same, so, everyone knows its you. That's kinda why I am still Jack Bauer after all these years....

I wouldn't know it was you, if not for your MythBusters sig.

You know I loved your old avatar and title.

Darth Madden
11-01-2008, 07:43 PM
I kept Madden since it was mainly the 821 part I was sick of. I still have the old avatar though so maybe I'll bring them back someday.

Agent23
11-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Ok, I'll wait it out.

:D

Fives
11-01-2008, 07:50 PM
when you preorder from amazon or any other site, do you get the dvd the same day the movie is released or wait a couple of days for it to arrive?

The Ringer
11-01-2008, 07:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQoPkiXL7kQ:cool:

Getting Antsy

Fives
11-01-2008, 07:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQoPkiXL7kQ:cool:

Getting Antsy

tell me about it, i'm eagerly waiting for the bluray!!!!

The Ringer
11-01-2008, 07:56 PM
tell me about it, i'm eagerly waiting for the bluray!!!!

This should only be legal to view in Blu!:cool:

Fives
11-01-2008, 07:59 PM
This should only be legal to view in Blu!:cool:

amen bro!!!:rock

The Ween
11-01-2008, 11:58 PM
amen bro!!!:rock

Since I have a crappy tv, I didn't want to bother getting a Blu-Ray player but I'll probably have it before a new tv at the rate I'm going. :lol

Fives
11-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Since I have a crappy tv, I didn't want to bother getting a Blu-Ray player but I'll probably have it before a new tv at the rate I'm going. :lol

good move ween!!!!:lol:lol

Josette
11-02-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm buying it on regular dvd. One movie isn't good enough for me to purchase an expensive blu-ray player, no matter how awesome it is.

CelticPredator
11-02-2008, 02:56 PM
When Blu Ray becomes the only format...i'll get it. Until then, DVD is perfect for me.

UTtoyfan
11-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Amazon still only has the Blu-ray batpod... I hope they get the DVD version since I have a $25 gift certificate I want to use on it.

I may be wrong, but I think Warner is only releasing the Batpod case with the Blu-ray version.

Darth Madden
11-02-2008, 03:27 PM
I may be wrong, but I think Warner is only releasing the Batpod case with the Blu-ray version.

Booooooo... oh well.

SOLIDSNAKE
11-02-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm preordering a special edition for the Blu-Ray

same here !!

Kabukiman
11-02-2008, 03:44 PM
When Blu Ray becomes the only format...i'll get it. Until then, DVD is perfect for me.

Did you know music companies still press vinyl? Have you upgraded to compact disc yet?

CelticPredator
11-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Did you know music companies still press vinyl? Have you upgraded to compact disc yet?

Im beyond all that. I upload the music to my brain.

UTtoyfan
11-02-2008, 08:33 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BKzJhM7U2yc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BKzJhM7U2yc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

December 9th needs to be now. :D

Morbach
11-03-2008, 01:24 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BKzJhM7U2yc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BKzJhM7U2yc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

December 9th needs to be now. :D

:lol:lol:lol You just made the wait so much worse now!

Morbach
11-08-2008, 09:20 AM
(sigh) Well, only one more month to go :D

The Ringer
11-08-2008, 12:07 PM
(sigh) Well, only one more month to go :D

:banana:banana:banana:banana

DinoLast
11-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Well, the Matrix and Fight Club DVD's help sell loads of players.
I predict The Dark Knight will do the same for Blu-ray players.
One reason to get the BD is because it has all six original format IMAX scenes included. Looks like Iron Man's Blu-ray record will be short-lived

The Ween
11-08-2008, 03:32 PM
One reason to get the BD is because it has all six original format IMAX scenes included. Looks like Iron Man's Blu-ray record will be short-lived

I'm asking Santa for a Blu Ray player this year. That fat bastard better deliver!! :lol

CelticPredator
11-08-2008, 05:44 PM

The only way the IMAX scenes can be in their original format, is in an IMAX screen. Anything else is useless to me.

Krypto
11-08-2008, 06:48 PM
The IMAX scenes are on the DVD as well.

CelticPredator
11-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Yes they are...but the DVD doesnt say ORIGINAL IMAX FORMAT or whatever....which is on the IMAX screen...

darthviper107
11-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Yeah, IMAX simply means a larger resolution, which has no meaning for home video release because the whole movie will be in one resolution. It might have different aspect ratios for those sections though.

Krypto
11-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Yeah, it just means that they're using the IMAX framing that's closer to 1.78:1 as opposed to the 2.40:1 that was used for traditional theatrical showings.

cerealkeller
11-09-2008, 12:33 PM
IMAX scenes will fill the entire screen on an HD TV. The other scenes will not and have the standard aspect ratio. I believe that's exclusive to the Bluray. Chris Nolan took personal interest in the Bluray version as that's the version being shipped to academy voters.

CelticPredator
11-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Picture is still the size of your TV. So...its useless. And I would be saying this if this was a DVD exclusive.

cerealkeller
11-09-2008, 08:43 PM
I kind of wish the option would be available to not have the aspect ratio switched. I personally think it may get annoying to have it go back and forth. It would be cooler if it were an option. Oh well I guess.

Morbach
11-10-2008, 08:19 AM
I don't care,personally,Imax or just regular format or whatever. As long as I can watch it when I want to,that's all that matters to me.:D

KrisSolo
11-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Just got the message my Dark Knight blu-ray is on it's way!!!! Should have it early next week!!!! :chew:chew:chew

And no, I'm not joking - IT'S A COMING HOME!!!! :banana:banana:banana

Kabukiman
11-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Wha wha wha whaaaaaaaaa? Care to explain how you're getting it two weeks before the rest of us? :tap :monkey2

KrisSolo
11-20-2008, 04:38 AM
Elementary my dear Watson...

http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/default.php

Shipped yesterday!!!! These guys ALWAYS send them out at least 2 weeks before release.

wofford29
11-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Elementary my dear Watson...

http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/default.php

Shipped yesterday!!!! These guys ALWAYS send them out at least 2 weeks before release.

I was going to order, but it's odd that a company based in the US charges in Pounds instead of the Dollar. They don't have any US shipping options, and they don't have a place for a state when filling out your address info. Do you live overseas, if so, are they shipping now so that it'll get to you on time or do you live in the US? If you do live in the US, how the hell do your order from them? Sorry for all the questions but I can't get an email back from the company itself.

KrisSolo
11-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Im in the UK. Perhaps they don't sell to US customers, allowing them to break the street date? Nothing to do with delivery times - I've had numerous BR's from them recently (Iron Man, Indy 4, Hellboy 2) all sent at least 2 weesk before release, all arriving in about 4 days. Iron Man arrived 3 weeks before the US release date.

scubasteve
11-20-2008, 07:10 PM
WM exclusive Dent coin -

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o81/logmatt/TDKdvdWalmartCoin.jpg

Looks like I gotta buy an inferior DVD to get the coin, but so be it! I imagine I'll have about 4 or so TDK exclusives from various stores by the time this is all said and done.

The Ween
11-20-2008, 07:18 PM
WM exclusive Dent coin -

Looks like I gotta buy an inferior DVD to get the coin, but so be it! I imagine I'll have about 4 or so TDK exclusives from various stores by the time this is all said and done.

Sometimes people get things like this then sell the exclusive pieces on eBay. I've picked up some things that way without having all these DVDs of the same movie. Right now I'm still getting the Batpod BR set and that's it, unless someone else throws something else with it.

The Craw
11-22-2008, 01:34 AM
who is carrying the steelbook versions? anybody know? that's the only "exclusive" i want.

CelticPredator
11-22-2008, 01:43 AM
WM exclusive Dent coin -

I think i'll get this one. The 2 Disc sucks. Theres bearly any Behind the Scenes stuff, just 2 docs about Batman, and a few pointless BTS stuff....lame.

The coin however, is awesome. I'd rather have that.

Krypto
11-22-2008, 05:44 AM
FYE is going to have the steelbook.

CelticPredator
11-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Coin is cooler....:D

The Craw
11-22-2008, 02:02 PM
doo-dads like coins dont interest me. i'm getting the HT batpod so i dont want the batpod dvd version. i'm going for steelbooks. ive got several already. i like em.

The Ween
11-22-2008, 02:04 PM
doo-dads like coins dont interest me. i'm getting the HT batpod so i dont want the batpod dvd version. i'm going for steelbooks. ive got several already. i like em.

They had one for Clone Wars at Best Buy if you're interested.

The Craw
11-22-2008, 02:06 PM
They had one for Clone Wars at Best Buy if you're interested.yup. i was aware of that. i was tempted but i dont like CW enough to own it.

The Ween
11-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Circuit City's exclusive cover that comes with a journal of some kind:

http://image.allmusic.com/13/adg/cov200/dru700/u716/u71630hhlun.jpg

The Ween
11-22-2008, 02:18 PM
WM exclusive Dent coin -

What are they may I ask? I know about the steelbook, patpod and now the coin. CC's journal too. Anything else I may want? :lol

UTtoyfan
11-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Damn! I want all these exclusives. Grrrrr...:monkey4:monkey5

Why Batman why!!>!!?!?!?!?!?
So serious.....:naughty

Buttmunch
11-22-2008, 02:49 PM
So what are the Blu-Ray exclusive versions? So far I'm just seeing the DVD exclusives.

I really want that Dent coin (who could have guessed!) so if anyone doesn't care about which exclusive they get and would be willing to send me the coin, let me know!

Voorhees27
11-22-2008, 03:20 PM
I can't to get this sum^^^^^ Dec 9th, I just went out and bought a new sound system, just for this movie!

The Ween
11-22-2008, 05:12 PM
So what are the Blu-Ray exclusive versions? So far I'm just seeing the DVD exclusives.

I really want that Dent coin (who could have guessed!) so if anyone doesn't care about which exclusive they get and would be willing to send me the coin, let me know!

I think just the Batpod set.

I might be getting the DVD because right now I don't have a BR player but I want that batpod set. I'm hoping Santa will bring me one. Also, my nephew will probably want the DVD and I'll get it with the coin then just give him the DVD from it. So I might have a couple of coins because it's not something I want. I'll let you all know. :)

UTtoyfan
11-23-2008, 08:21 AM
Just a little something to get us ready for the DVD. :lol:lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7QFWBFIEuig&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7QFWBFIEuig&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CelticPredator
11-23-2008, 08:24 AM

I think they're boring. Since i'm not a DVD collector. Two Face's coin is a prop....more to my liking.

scubasteve
11-23-2008, 11:41 AM
This is the Best Buy exclusive (US and CAN) (And yes, both Blu-Ray and DVD will come with this) -

http://www.bestbuy.ca/multimedia/products/large/dvd2159305_right.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.ca/multimedia/products/large/dvd2159305.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.ca/multimedia/products/large/dvd2159305_alt.jpg

And the rest are -

U.S.
1. Single-Disc Edition DVD - http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Knight-Widescreen-Single-Disc/dp/B001GZ6QC4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1227414659&sr=8-2

2. Two-Disc Edition DVD with Digital Copy - http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Knight-Two-Disc-Special-Digital/dp/B001GZ6QDS/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1227414563&sr=8-1

3. Two-Disc Edition Blu-ray with Digital Copy - http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Knight-Digital-Copy-Blu-ray/dp/B001GZ6QEC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1227414671&sr=8-3

4. Limited Edition Batpod only with Blu-ray - http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Knight-Limited-Digital-Blu-ray/dp/B001J53X9U/ref=pd_bbs_5?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1227414692&sr=8-5

5. Collectible Journal and "Why So Serious" DVD Cover with Two-Disc DVD - Circuit City Exclusive - http://entertainment.circuitcity.com/Movies/Movie.aspx?prodid=WHV1000087879DVD&store=Movies&si=ccity-prod&channel=b2c&partner=cc&catOid=-13219

6. Comic Book and Harvey Dent Coin with Single-Disc DVD - Walmart Exclusive - http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10726993

7. Two-Disc Steelbook DVD - F.Y.E. Exclusive - http://www.fye.com/The-Dark-Knight--WS---2-Discs---Steelbook---Special-Edition---f-y-e--Exclusive--Front-Page_stcVVproductId54879259VVcatId455366VVviewprod .htm

Canada

1. Steelbook DVD - FutureShop Exclusive - http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FSM2159390&catid=14719

2. Steelbook Blu-ray - FutureShop Exclusive - http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FSM2159389&catid=24079

EDIT -

This is supposedly the Target Excl (just like the Iron Man exclusive) -

http://moviechutzpah.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/batmaskdvd.jpg?w=440&h=372

The Ween
11-23-2008, 03:31 PM
That that just a batman mask? The Iron Man one held the DVDs, but this looks like the DVD is behind it. If it's just a mask, I'll be getting the BR Batpod set and the single DVD with the coin.

Thanks for taking the time to post this!

The Ween
11-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Just a little something to get us ready for the DVD. :lol:lol

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/7QFWBFIEuig&hl=en&fs=1 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

That is too cool! :lol

Chapter 2099
11-23-2008, 03:41 PM
This is the Best Buy exclusive (US and CAN) (And yes, both Blu-Ray and DVD will come with this) -

http://www.bestbuy.ca/multimedia/products/large/dvd2159305_right.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.ca/multimedia/products/large/dvd2159305.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.ca/multimedia/products/large/dvd2159305_alt.jpg

And the rest are -

U.S.
1. Single-Disc Edition DVD - http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Knight-Widescreen-Single-Disc/dp/B001GZ6QC4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1227414659&sr=8-2

2. Two-Disc Edition DVD with Digital Copy - http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Knight-Two-Disc-Special-Digital/dp/B001GZ6QDS/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1227414563&sr=8-1

3. Two-Disc Edition Blu-ray with Digital Copy - http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Knight-Digital-Copy-Blu-ray/dp/B001GZ6QEC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1227414671&sr=8-3

4. Limited Edition Batpod only with Blu-ray - http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Knight-Limited-Digital-Blu-ray/dp/B001J53X9U/ref=pd_bbs_5?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1227414692&sr=8-5

5. Collectible Journal and "Why So Serious" DVD Cover with Two-Disc DVD - Circuit City Exclusive - http://entertainment.circuitcity.com/Movies/Movie.aspx?prodid=WHV1000087879DVD&store=Movies&si=ccity-prod&channel=b2c&partner=cc&catOid=-13219

6. Comic Book and Harvey Dent Coin with Single-Disc DVD - Walmart Exclusive - http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10726993

7. Two-Disc Steelbook DVD - F.Y.E. Exclusive - http://www.fye.com/The-Dark-Knight--WS---2-Discs---Steelbook---Special-Edition---f-y-e--Exclusive--Front-Page_stcVVproductId54879259VVcatId455366VVviewprod .htm

Canada

1. Steelbook DVD - FutureShop Exclusive - http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FSM2159390&catid=14719

2. Steelbook Blu-ray - FutureShop Exclusive - http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FSM2159389&catid=24079

EDIT -

This is supposedly the Target Excl (just like the Iron Man exclusive) -

http://moviechutzpah.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/batmaskdvd.jpg?w=440&h=372

Thanks for the post Scubasteve! (I was getting for to ask for someone to post something like this. :banana) So that's the complete list of all the DVD sets and Blu-Ray sets to be released?

I think I'm going after the Circuit City 2-disc edition or the Best Buy DVD Goon Mask Set (Is the DVD with this particular set the 2-disc edition?)

If I do get the Blu-Ray, I'll probably go for the Amazon.com Exclusive or maybe the Best Buy Exclusive.

Buttmunch
11-23-2008, 04:06 PM
I think just the Batpod set.

I might be getting the DVD because right now I don't have a BR player but I want that batpod set. I'm hoping Santa will bring me one. Also, my nephew will probably want the DVD and I'll get it with the coin then just give him the DVD from it. So I might have a couple of coins because it's not something I want. I'll let you all know. :)

That would be awesome! Please let me know.

So now that I've got a Blu-Ray all of the good exclusives are on DVD? :lol That Bank Robbery mask looks cool, but I wish it would come with a Joker cover (instead of the Batpod).

The journal would be nice to have too. :lol

Chapter 2099
11-23-2008, 04:09 PM
That would be awesome! Please let me know.

So now that I've got a Blu-Ray all of the good exclusives are on DVD? :lol That Bank Robbery mask looks cool, but I wish it would come with a Joker cover (instead of the Batpod).

The journal would be nice to have too. :lol

Yeah, that why I'm leaning towards the Circuit City DVD Exclusive. It really stands out IMO.

CelticPredator
11-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Coin is the coolest item out of them all. The mask is useless, and not very good, could care less about covers...two disc is poor....

Wal-Mart wins...for once.

The Ween
11-23-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm trying to find out about that Target mask but I can't seem to find it online anywhere.

CelticPredator
11-23-2008, 08:13 PM
You can get them at Wal-Mart or any costume store. I have one. They're horrid if you want a good batman mask.

The Ween
11-23-2008, 08:21 PM
You can get them at Wal-Mart or any costume store. I have one. They're horrid if you want a good batman mask.

:lol I don't think this is a mask you can wear, but one, like the Iron Man mask, that holds the DVDs. I doubt something that little would fit my head.

(too big of a brain.....:rolleyes:)

Chapter 2099
11-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Coin is the coolest item out of them all. The mask is useless, and not very good, could care less about covers...two disc is poor....

Wal-Mart wins...for once.

The coin is pretty cool. I just took another look at it. That might actually look pretty good with my "viral" collection. I collected a bunch of official memorabilia from the viral campaigning that took place almost a year ago. It was put on by 42E to promote the Dark Knight. I own Harvey Dent campaign shirts, bumper stickers, voter registration cards, Gotham Times newspapers. Basically, ALOT and all for free!! It was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had the chance to be a part of. It all ended when I got free tickets to the Dark Knight in IMAX almost a week before the movie opened nationally. (It was a press screening.)

Man, I can't wait to see this movie again. The memories......:monkey2

The Josh
11-23-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm getting the batpod with my BR.

scubasteve
11-23-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm trying to find out about that Target mask but I can't seem to find it online anywhere.

It's not a "mask" per se. You cannot wear it. It's just like the Iron Man exclusive that Target had a few weeks back. The discs are housed inside the cowl itself. I like it, but at the same time, I like uniformity in my disc packaging.

http://www.marvel.com/i/content/5196275712_full2726699.jpg

CelticPredator
11-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Its probably the same horrid mask....just made into a horrid case/

scubasteve
11-23-2008, 09:11 PM
I tend to not expect much from a $1.98 mask on a WalMart endcap.

CelticPredator
11-23-2008, 09:21 PM
I bought that mask for one purpous...to recreate the Brian Douglas scene. Didnt work. Not...one....bit.

The Ween
11-23-2008, 09:24 PM
It's not a "mask" per se. You cannot wear it. It's just like the Iron Man exclusive that Target had a few weeks back. The discs are housed inside the cowl itself. I like it, but at the same time, I like uniformity in my disc packaging.

http://www.marvel.com/i/content/5196275712_full2726699.jpg

Thanks! I have this one of Iron Man. I'll have to think about it for Batman. I'll have to see it first. I hate when they do this with all the goodies. And what ticks me off is when a month or two down the road they'll come out with some deluxe or extended version or something that's cool as well. :(

scubasteve
11-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks! I have this one of Iron Man. I'll have to think about it for Batman. I'll have to see it first. I hate when they do this with all the goodies. And what ticks me off is when a month or two down the road they'll come out with some deluxe or extended version or something that's cool as well. :(

I think it's pretty much guaranteed that there will be a re-release of TDK with more special features. Might not happen for a year or two, though.

quadcent
11-23-2008, 09:29 PM
for me the special editions after the first release are a waste, i very seldom ever watch the extra features myself.

The Ringer
11-24-2008, 03:04 AM
for me the special editions after the first release are a waste, i very seldom ever watch the extra features myself.

Only if it includes extra footage will justify if I buy this movie again in the future but I will also not buy it just for extra features.

I can't belive this movie is almost out!:banana

CelticPredator
11-24-2008, 06:34 AM
Features > Movie.

I've seen the movie. Now tell me how. Other wise, I dont care.

(I'm buying it for the coin, and to watch it again....but I want hour long docs about the making of!!!!!)

darthviper107
11-24-2008, 09:39 AM
The movie is the most important thing, but as far as DVD releases go I want as much features as possible. When I get a new DVD I always watch all the features.

EVILFACE
11-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Is the Walmart coin set the single or 2 disk?

Scar
11-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Not exactly sure whether or not it is the 2 disc set or not, but what I'm most curious about is what the comic will look like. Have my pre-order in for the BR Batpod. :rock

The Ween
11-24-2008, 04:00 PM
The coin is with the single disc version.

Chapter 2099
11-24-2008, 05:40 PM
The coin is with the single disc version.

Oh, that's right! I'm passing on the Walmart Exclusive then. The coin isn't worth THAT much. I'm sticking with the Circuit City 2-disc Exclusive. :rock

A-1188
11-24-2008, 05:51 PM
I'm confused with the different 2 disc DVD editions they are releasing. The one on Play.com has Batman with the burning bat sign behind him, and the other edition has a cover with Batman flying out of a building window on his bat-pod. Do they still have the same contents?

Bullseye
11-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Just ordered this version.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51OTjjowXJL._SL500_AA240_.jpg (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B001G8XRNM/sr=8-2/qid=1226180693/ref=dp_image_0/276-6308788-2108504?ie=UTF8&n=283926&s=dvd&qid=1226180693&sr=8-2&tag=bluraycom-21)
The Dark Knight - 2-Disc Bat mask (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk)

RRP: £28.99
Price: £17.99 You Save: £11.00 (38%)
Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Knight-Batmask-Exclusive-Amazon-co-uk/dp/B001G8XRNM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1226180693&sr=8-2&tag=bluraycom-21#productPromotions).
This title will be released on December 8, 2008.

Looks Intriguing..........
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/412xMb1BI3L._SS400_.jpg
Not impressed? Get the standard blu-ray edition
The Dark Knight (2 Discs) Price: [B]£14.98 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Knight-Discs-Blu-ray/dp/B001CEE1WG/ref=pd_cp_d_h__2?pf_rd_p=212521591&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001G8XRNM&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=000FAR5MS3ZMF0BZ7T8M&tag=bluraycom-21)

scubasteve
11-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Yes, that is the version that will also be at US Target stores, in Blu-Ray and DVD.

The Ween
11-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Yes, that is the version that will also be at US Target stores, in Blu-Ray and DVD.

Awwww........now I want that too!

:( :confused:

The Ringer
11-25-2008, 04:14 AM
When you pre-order it online will you always get it delivered on its release date meaning December 9th?

KrisSolo
11-25-2008, 05:48 AM
Got the BR today and, well, the second disk is pretty much worthless IMO. Both docs have more Batman Begins stuff in them than Dark Knight, though the Batman Unmasked does have a section specifically for the Joker. No Heath stuff whatsoever, very fleeting interviews with Bale/Nolan. Interesting on a very general level, but nothing worthy of a special features disc. The best thing about it is the Joker image on it... :)

Technically, this is actually a 3-disc edition - the digital version of the movie comes on it's own disc. Which is nice.

The film itself looks fantastic in HD! Excellent transfer. The jump between standard letterbox and the full-screen IMAX ratio may be a little jarring on smaller HD-TV's, but overall I'm glad they went this route. The four focus points are short but pretty cool. Liked the Joker's Theme the most. No deleted scenes (obvioulsy), unless you include a small shot of the opening prologue where an IMAX camara snaps off it's steady-cam...

Haven't watched the film as yet, only skipped through it, but like I say it looks absolutely gorgeous! Shall watch with pleasure later this evening! :D

The Ween
11-25-2008, 05:01 PM

I don't think you can pre-order it though. :(

karamazov80
11-25-2008, 06:01 PM
When you pre-order it online will you always get it delivered on its release date meaning December 9th?
I have pre-ordered stuff by Amazon in the past, and actually got it a day or two early. It probably depends on where you order it from, and it probably varies from product to product. . .

UTtoyfan
11-26-2008, 06:55 AM
Looks like Best Buy will have lots of choices for goodies. Some are even doing midnight openings? :horror

From Superherohype.com:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=7844

In related news, scooper 'LEGO Penguin' has some more details as to what you'll find at Best Buy stores once the DVD and Blu-ray Disc hit on December 9.

Not only will MANY stores be doing a Midnight Opening, but also, there are NINE different versions of the film released that day. This is what Best Buy will be carrying...

Dark Knight: Fullscreen Version

Dark Knight: Widescreen Version

Dark Knight: Special Edition

Dark Knight: Special Edition (w/ Batman Mask)
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE

Dark Knight: Special Edition (w/ Clown Mask)
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE

Dark Knight: Blu-Ray

Dark Knight: Blu-Ray (w/ Batpod)

Dark Knight: Blu-Ray (w/ Batman Mask)
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE

Dark Knight: Blu-Ray (w/ Clown Mask)
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE

Dark Knight: Soundtrack Special Edition

Also, with purchase of Special Edition, there will be two collectible BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE mini-statues available for free (as of this writing)

wofford29
11-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Got my bluray in today and must say, as expected, it's incredible.

The Ween
11-26-2008, 03:19 PM
UT....is that all at the US stores? I'm not sure I can handle a midnight event though. I have to be at work to0 early. I'll probably miss out on the figures then. :(

cerealkeller
11-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Got my bluray in today and must say, as expected, it's incredible.

Did you get a preview copy?

UTtoyfan
11-26-2008, 03:28 PM
UT....is that all at the US stores? I'm not sure I can handle a midnight event though. I have to be at work to0 early. I'll probably miss out on the figures then. :(

No idea, it's only mentioned in that link I posted. Not sure if it's 100% true or not. :confused:

wofford29
11-26-2008, 03:56 PM
Did you get a preview copy?

No, I ordered from www.hidefdvd.com

Bullseye
11-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Cool. How was the transition between regular and IMAX handled?

The Ringer
11-26-2008, 07:18 PM
No, I ordered from www.hidefdvd.com

If an order was placed there now would it most likely ship before the official release? Also where is this place located?

CelticPredator
11-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Some places ship early. Not a new thing at all.

wofford29
11-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Cool. How was the transition between regular and IMAX handled?

It just shifts to scale when the imax scene starts and then back down again after it's over. You'll notice at first but then forget about it.

Armored_Berserk
11-27-2008, 08:37 AM
I receive my TDK blu ray.
It's simply the most beautiful blu-ray i have seen.

scubasteve
11-27-2008, 08:43 AM
How is the quality (audio and video)? Hope it's the exact same or better than the TDK Prologue, which is one of the most amazing blu-ray videos I've ever laid eyes on.

wofford29
11-27-2008, 10:08 AM
How is the quality (audio and video)? Hope it's the exact same or better than the TDK Prologue, which is one of the most amazing blu-ray videos I've ever laid eyes on.

It's the same.

scubasteve
11-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Cool, thanks wofford.

Could someone with the blu-ray tell me what J. Kerr's name tag says in this shot? I'd really like to know. Thanks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/GarySeven/JokerBus.jpg

CelticPredator
11-28-2008, 12:04 PM
That scene isnt in the movie....

EVILFACE
11-28-2008, 12:23 PM
What does that have to do with the question?

Buttmunch
11-28-2008, 12:34 PM
I heard it was Matilda. :dunno

CelticPredator
11-28-2008, 01:01 PM
What does that have to do with the question?

Kinda hard to tell the name, if it isnt in the movie.......unless its a special feature thing....

And yes, I think its Matilda. Heath's daughter.

Buttmunch
11-28-2008, 02:33 PM
Kinda hard to tell the name, if it isnt in the movie.......unless its a special feature thing....

And yes, I think its Matilda. Heath's daughter.

:lol That is cool, yet sick and twisted at the same time!

scubasteve
11-28-2008, 02:49 PM

http://pix.nofrag.com/4/0/d/b4c647cd33c0a7e80746553a9451a.gif

He's sitting down and stationary, and why would it matter if it's in the movie or a special feature? Use pause much?

CelticPredator
11-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Well....werent you asking if someone could see the name tag on a blu ray? Wouldnt that be hard if it wasnt in the film?

scubasteve
11-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Well....werent you asking if someone could see the name tag on a blu ray? Wouldnt that be hard if it wasnt in the film?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Read my post more carefully. I never said it was in the film, dude. It's obviously from the making of documentary or production diary that comes with the dvd and blu ray...

The screen grab itself is from the DVD. The reason I asked someone with the blu ray to look at the name is because it would be much clearer PQ-wise and one can zoom right in on it.

CelticPredator
11-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Cool, thanks wofford.

Could someone with the blu-ray tell me what J. Kerr's name tag says in this shot? I'd really like to know. Thanks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/GarySeven/JokerBus.jpg

I read it. Says nothing about weather its in the film, or anything else.

So....its a mistake.

UTtoyfan
11-29-2008, 08:41 PM
List of Best Buy stores that will be open midnight (that Monday night) of December 9th.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?jsessionid=OASE2GUMF4WFBKC4D3OVAFQ?_dy ncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=Dark_Knight&sc=movieSP&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=Movies&ks=960&DCMP=rdr0001703

Also, the ads for next weekend at Best Buy with prices for the Dark Knight DVDs/Blu-ray sets.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=1351277#post1351277

The Ween
11-29-2008, 10:40 PM
List of Best Buy stores that will be open midnight (that Monday night) of December 9th.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?jsessionid=OASE2GUMF4WFBKC4D3OVAFQ?_dy ncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=Dark_Knight&sc=movieSP&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=Movies&ks=960&DCMP=rdr0001703

Also, the ads for next weekend at Best Buy with prices for the Dark Knight DVDs/Blu-ray sets.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=1351277#post1351277

Thanks for posting this! My store isn't having a midnight event.

So I take it you can't get the statues free with a purchase? Darn!

And it's $2 cheaper to get the batpod set through the website so I'll just get it there.

LOST season 4 is out too. UGH! I'm gonna go broke this month! :lol

Morbach
11-30-2008, 09:11 AM
best buy is doing a midnight release for this movie for those who want it early and don't want to order it online.

The Ringer
11-30-2008, 02:09 PM
So close to getting this film!

I can't wait!

Chapter 2099
11-30-2008, 02:36 PM
So I'm happy to say there's a Best Buy right down the road doing a midnight opening, but the Circuit City Exclusive is still winning me over. On the other hand, there is A LOT of hype behind the Best Buy release. So many options!! :horror Any opinions?

nash
11-30-2008, 03:07 PM
when is this blu ray released?

Chapter 2099
11-30-2008, 03:12 PM
when is this blu ray released?

December 9th.

Morbach
12-05-2008, 08:20 AM
I got mine yesterday, guys. I went into Blockbuster to rent some movies and saw they had their displays up with the dvd for sale so I just got it then and there. I wasted $5 preordering it at fye but its worth the trade cause I got it 5 days early. I don't know if all Blockbusters are doing this but I'm glad mine was :D I love this movie! My mom watched it with me and said "I'm speechless....I've never seen a movie like that." She was wowed at how good it was :lol

UTtoyfan
12-05-2008, 09:41 AM
I got mine yesterday, guys. I went into Blockbuster to rent some movies and saw they had their displays up with the dvd for sale so I just got it then and there. I wasted $5 preordering it at fye but its worth the trade cause I got it 5 days early. I don't know if all Blockbusters are doing this but I'm glad mine was :D I love this movie! My mom watched it with me and said "I'm speechless....I've never seen a movie like that." She was wowed at how good it was :lol

That's awesome when the moms get into Batman!:rock2:rock2:rock:rock

darthviper107
12-05-2008, 10:27 AM
My mom didn't like it because of how dark it was.

In fact, all the girls I've talked to that watched it didn't like it--(it scared them)

cerealkeller
12-05-2008, 04:02 PM
My mom didn't like it because of how dark it was.

In fact, all the girls I've talked to that watched it didn't like it--(it scared them)

My Mom made me turn off the bootleg I had also. The Joker just creeped her out:D Good thing IMO. However, my GF and all girls I know or work with LOVE TDK. My Mom was like "When did they make Batman so dark?" I just laughed and said "Mom, remember me ^^^^ing about every Batman film prior to Batman Begins?" She did like Begins though, but that had Liam Neeson so she automatically liked it.

IrishJedi
12-05-2008, 04:10 PM
This movie really isn't that dark.

CelticPredator
12-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Uh....ripping people's faces open, having people kill other people, Two Face, Two Face holding a family hostage, and using a coin to decide their fate, dark stories....

Yeah, you're right.

The Ween
12-05-2008, 09:18 PM
My Mom loved it! She wants to see The Day the Earth Stood Still next week. She doesn't like Horror movies though.

Morbach
12-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Okay,so who got there's and what editions? I got mine early as I said but since I'm a bigger collector or things my sister traded me with hers because she got the FYE exclusive steel book cover.

The Ween
12-11-2008, 09:01 PM
I got the BR Batpod set and the Target DVD Batman mask set. :)

Morbach
12-13-2008, 08:16 AM
I got the BR Batpod set and the Target DVD Batman mask set. :)

Damn! You weren't playing,huh?:lol

The Ween
12-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Damn! You weren't playing,huh?:lol

:lol...nope! I wanted the Batpod set but it only came in BR and I don't have a BR player yet so I HAD to buy a DVD for now, so......why not get the Batman mask? :joy

Morbach
12-13-2008, 08:53 PM
:lol...nope! I wanted the Batpod set but it only came in BR and I don't have a BR player yet so I HAD to buy a DVD for now, so......why not get the Batman mask? :joy

Hey,with a movie like that I can't blame ya!