Expanded Scores Finally Coming In November!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I could ever have waited that long for the extended scores to come out if I had seen the movies when they originally cam out.Thankfully I just got into the Indy craze at the begining of this year.:D

Here's the track listing for the new edition:

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK - EXPANDED EDITION

Release Date: October 14

01. In the Jungle
02. The Idol Temple
03. Escape from the Temple
04. Flight from Peru
05. Washington Men/Indy's Home
06. A Thought for Marion/To Nepal
07. The Medallion
08. Flight to Cairo
09. The Basket Game
10. Bad Dates
11. The Map Room/Dawn
12. Reunion in the Tent/Searching for the Well
13. The Well of the Souls
14. Indy Rides the Statue
15. The Fist Fight/The Flying Wing
16. Desert Chase
17. Marion's Theme/The Crate
18. The German Sub
19. Ride to the Nazi Hideout
20. Indy Follows the Ark
21. The Miracle of the Ark
22. Washington Ending & Raiders March

(Source: MovieMusic.com)

There was a really decent expanded edition of the ROTA score released back in '95 by a label called DDC Compact Classics...nice packaging, a 24 page booklet with liner notes, an interview with JW, photos & sketches. This version had 19 tracks ( in proper sequence) and sounds great. It was living in the player in my truck for weeks awaiting the release of KOTCS to get me hyped up...:whip

I'm looking forward to this new set...and hoping we get more details on how TOD and LC are expanded and sequenced. The only thing I wish was happening is that this set would feature an expanded edition of KOTCS as well. The current version is good, but it's a typical Williams release in that several key musical moments from the movie are combined to make complete "tracks" mostly presented out of sequence to the film and some of the music heard in the movie is omitted for the sake of making the album. The emphasis on the front end of the album is presenting the various themes that are referenced throughout the score. It makes a good listen, but for those who like the score presented in sequence to the movie and as close to complete as possible, it does miss the mark. A big example of what I would really appreciate there is the complete, in-sequence stream of music heard throughout the opening of the movie...from the Security gate all the way through Indy watching the mushroom cloud...that whole sequence just worked great and the perfect score was a big part of that.

But with this new set, it seems like we'll finally have the three classic scores presented in a more complete form than ever. Can't wait!

I like the idea of being able to buy Williams' recordings, only things I found when I went looking over the summer were covers.

I can't wait! Even though I downloaded all the themes (Oops...didn't say that) I still will pick up the Expanded Scores!!! :rock :rock :rock

Oh wow! First the Superman -The Music collection and now a complete Indiana Jones collection? 2008 rocks! :rock2I can't wait to get this! I've been wanting these scores for years! Especially Temple of Doom, probably my favorite of the films.

I take it this won't be an exclusive limited deal like the Superman set and you'll be able to order this on Amazon and such?

Oh wow! First the Superman -The Music collection and now a complete Indiana Jones collection? 2008 rocks! :rock2I can't wait to get this! I've been wanting these scores for years! Especially Temple of Doom, probably my favorite of the films.

I take it this won't be an exclusive limited deal like the Superman set and you'll be able to order this on Amazon and such?

Ya I am sure this will be avaliable at most stores and sites.

What's this about a new Superman set? A link?

It was released earlier this year. It's simply incredible. The music has never sounded better and the complete scores for Superman II, III, and IV, not to mention the wonderful Ron Jones music for the late 80's animated series as well as a multitude of alternate takes and even the Giorgio Moroder songs from Superman III are included. It's quite something.

https://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=8874

It was released earlier this year. It's simply incredible. The music has never sounded better and the complete scores for Superman II, III, and IV, not to mention the wonderful Ron Jones music for the late 80's animated series as well as a multitude of alternate takes and even the Giorgio Moroder songs from Superman III are included. It's quite something.

https://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=8874

Thanks! That's a big-ass set :horror Got any pics of it?

Superman-TheMusic-01.jpg

If you're a either Superman fan or a film score fan or both (like me), then it's a must-have.

Back