FARCRY 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FarCry never stood out to me amongst the other great games out there.....and I don't see this one doing that either.

This looks to be the best game ever, in my opinion! I cant stand stupid ass Halo or Rainbow Six. Throw me in the middle of Afrika with a M79 grenade launcher and tell me who to kill, now THAT'S A GAME! Plus 100% destructible environments!

-CJK

I have, it's OK, but not nearly as good as it was hyped to be. The beginning is really annoying, it's a while before you get to do anything. And when you do there are all these ridiculously annoying tooltips that pop up, and they repeat the same things over and over again.

I didn't like it, luckily it was my brother who got it, if I had gotten it myself I would have returned it, there are lots of choices this season and this wouldn't be one that I'd choose.

I played it over at a friend's, and he was already about 8 hours in so I just played his file so that I'd have most of the arsenal at the ready.

The game is a lot of fun once you get absorbed into the environment. It really looks and feels like some African country, and playing with the music off made it feel more authentic.

I thought the shooting elements were fairly generic, it's not something that I hadn't seen before, but there were aspects surrounding the FPS gameplay that I thought was pretty cool. First, performing first aid on yourself is BAD-ASS. I watched my character pull a bullet out of his forearm with his teeth...WITH HIS TEETH. I was like, "OH ^^^^!"

Another thing I absolutely loved is the buddy system. If you're on a mission with a AI buddy (there are many in the game) and you happen to die, you won't have to reload from a save point. Instead, your buddy will revive you and pull you out of harm's way. The animation sequences for the buddy revivals are extremely cool.

The game can be very realistic. I found that most of the guns I picked up from dead people were rusted and were prone to jamming. You also contract malaria, which was annoying and not fun at all especially when you're in a firefight and your character seizes up and pukes in the middle of the crossfire.

I didn't play the beginning, but I thought the game was pretty fun, and I really felt like it was an open world. I'd like to buy it, but there are other games that are more deserving of my attention at the moment. Maybe sometime down the line i'll pick FC2 up.

I have being playing for the past few days.
The game keeps getting better and better as you play it.
its really addicting.

Its really hard!! gets very hectic if you go rambo style.
AI is really smart and they know how to flank you real good.
I like stealth so I unlocked makarov silenced,MP5 silenced and the stealth upgrade and I take all the guards on the outpost without problems.

The graphics on this game are unreal. I am running it on pc at 1920x1200 2x ANTI and it looks fantastic.
No loading time at all when you travel from location to another location.
I kind of compare it to an FPS/GTA game.
you have so much to do in this game to keep you busy for a long time.
I am only 20% in and I have being playing it here and there for 3 days.

I love the setting of this game. Real life world drama. Africa fighting militia.
The fisrt far cry was a awsome game but once they introduced big all mutated apes It got weird but still a fantastic game.

I love FPS'S with real life weapons and real life settings and FAR CRY 2 delivers all that.

A must have!!!

here are some screenshots.

just like SNAKE !! stealth is the name of the game.

Screenshot0000.png

Screenshot0001.png

Screenshot0002.png

Screenshot0003.png

Screenshot0004.png

Screenshot0005.png

I am kind of on the fence about this game. Travelling gets really annoying in the game, and you have to constantly jump out and repair the car everytime you are attacked.

I also thought the story was quiet week, and the game play is repetative.

I think this game is a marmite game, you'll love it or hate it!

Just my opinion.

I took it back and went with bioshock instead....amazing!

Got this yesterday and absolutely love it.
I'm a massive fan of the first game ( and up to now still prefer it ) but I'm only 10% through this one so far.
The graphics are unbelievable. I actually love the fact you have to travel , I always found spawning at different areas kind of not believable and that on its own sort of ruined it for me.
The enemy AI is awesome , the map is gigantic , the animals rock to kill , the options beyond different missions rock. For example you could start a mission then your buddy phones and says you could go about it a different way by capturing the person you have to kills family or doing something to scare them from moving from a certain spot therefore making it easier to kill them.
I'm playing this game on the 360 too.
The multi player just like the first rocks as much as always , not sure about the other consoles but for online 360 all the way for me with this one.
The map editor is unreal , you can literally create anything. Awesome game , this and gears 2 will probably be my faves this year. :rock

I'm in love with this game and can not put the controller down. It's incredibly immersive but obviously not due to the story. I love sneaking around in the high grass, staking out my target before i attack which i mostly do at night.

I first hated the way the enemy was absolutely everywhere but it takes a while to get past and when you do it will add to the "danger is everywhere" aspect which i really enjoy now.

The save system bothered me as well, in the beginning but you have to play the game right strategically when it comes to the saves and save just before you attack your target so that if you die, you can just start over relatively nearby. So it's great that you can save even when a mission's active. I do think that quick-saves would take away from the suspense now.

Lovely game. Ubi did a great job. Enemy AI is somewhat dumb but what it lacks in...well AI...it makes up for in aggressiveness.

I'm in love with this game and can not put the controller down. It's incredibly immersive but obviously not due to the story. I love sneaking around in the high grass, staking out my target before i attack which i mostly do at night.

I love taking out guys at night.
Spilnter cell. :naughty:rotfl

Yeah, the enemy is absolutely everywhere but for me (and the game style that i usually adopt in these open ended shooters) it only adds to it. Give you a great sense of danger, sneaking through the high grass, quickly running across roads only to slide down to crouching position to not get detected. It's incredibly immersive if you're into that kind of gameplay.

You can run and gun, but i find myself always liking sneaking better. Planning, taking them out one by one or by setting fires that later on spread etc.

Lovely game.

Back