Big Lebowski 10th Anniversary edition - Bowling Ball Case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just bought the last version a couple months ago for under $10, but may get this new one as well just for the bowling ball case.

https://www.amazon.com/Big-Lebowski-10th-Anniversary-Limited/dp/B001AEF6CW/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1220507737&sr=8-1

$24 with free ship for pre-order.

Chris Gore on G4 gave it a BUY.

511m3hu5imL._SS500_.jpg

gptta get me that!!! though dont know how it will fit in my dvd collection :)

I wish they'd put this on Blu already. In fact I want a Coen bros. collection on blu.

Well, that day may come when Fox, Warner Bros., Universal, Disney and Sony are all owned by the same corporation. Until then you'll need to buy them separately. Here's how it breaks down:

Fox:
Blood Simple (Universal owned this at one time)
Raising Arizona
Miller's Crossing
Barton Fink
Fargo
There is currently a box set of these five films from Fox.

Warner Bros.:
The Hudsucker Proxy

Universal:
The Big Lebowski
The Man Who Wasn't There
Intolerable Cruelty
Burn After Reading
A Serious Man (upcoming)
They released a box set of the original "Lebowski", "Intolerable Cruelty", "The Man Who Wasn't There" and "Blood Simple" when they had the rights. This is no longer available. (the included "Lebowski" is outdated and Fox has "Blood Simple" now, Universal's disc is preferable to Fox's though because it has the best commentary track ever and the newer Fox disc is completely bare-bones)

Disney:
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
The Ladykillers
No Country for Old Men

Sony:
The Yiddish Policemen's Union (upcoming)

I'll be watching "Burn After Reading" in less than an hour. Can't wait.

It was great, it starts sorta slow but once it gets going it's absolutely hilarious. The ending is absolute perfection. Overall it's not like the best of the best in terms of the films of the Coens, I'd place it somewhere towards the middle of their filmography but ^^^^, how great are even middle-grade Coen movies?

It was great, it starts sorta slow but once it gets going it's absolutely hilarious. The ending is absolute perfection. Overall it's not like the best of the best in terms of the films of the Coens, I'd place it somewhere towards the middle of their filmography but ^^^^, how great are even middle-grade Coen movies?

Without any spoilers...is it as dark as I'm guessing it will be?

Anywhere near Fargo dark?

It's not like "Fargo"-dark, it has moments that are arguably as dark as the darkest "Fargo" moments but tonally the film they're in is overall more light-hearted. Probably the best way to describe the tone is that it's like all the Weezy stuff in "Intolerable Cruelty", it's all goofy and stuff but pretty dark. It's much more violent than the "IC" stuff though.

I can think of two scenes off the top of my head that are right up there with the woodchipper scene from "Fargo" in terms of shocking violence. It's all hilarious though.

It's not like "Fargo"-dark, it has moments that are arguably as dark as the darkest "Fargo" moments but tonally the film they're in is overall more light-hearted. Probably the best way to describe the tone is that it's like all the Weezy stuff in "Intolerable Cruelty", it's all goofy and stuff but pretty dark. It's much more violent than the "IC" stuff though.

I can think of two scenes off the top of my head that are right up there with the woodchipper scene from "Fargo" in terms of shocking violence. It's all hilarious though.

Awesome.

Can't wait to see it.:chew

Has anybody heard anything new about the Big Lebowski 2? I thought I read it was planned to be released next year but haven't heard anything in a while. I'm hoping it's still on.

There's was a lot of talk about it last year and a thread about it is buried somewhere in this section. From what I remember it was green lit.

There's was a lot of talk about it last year and a thread about it is buried somewhere in this section. From what I remember it was green lit.

Coen Bros. said there would NOT be one. It's John Turturro who keeps bringing it up and wanting a second one based on his character Jesus.

Back