Guillermo Del Toro is a busy man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batty

Nexus 6
Reaction score
Universal — which has a three-year first-look deal with the helmer inked in June ’07 — and del Toro are making a long-term commitment by setting up four directing projects, including remakes of "Frankenstein," "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" and "Slaughterhouse-Five."

I can't wait to see all of these. Besides The Hobbit, I think I'm most interested in seeing what he does with At the Mountains of Madness.

Here's the whole article.

Man, I hope he doesn't f any of these up... Frankenstein and Jekyll and Hyde have a lot of potential, but modern remakes of them seem to fall flat.

Very intrigued by Slaughterhouse-Five, love the book and original movie.

Im interested in anything Guillermo is attached to.
He's a fanboy with good taste and power in Hollywood... which is a very good thing these days ... :monkey1

Im interested in anything Guillermo is attached to.
He's a fanboy with good taste and power in Hollywood... which is a very good thing these days ... :monkey1

That's my feeling as well, but I felt real optimistic about seeing Jackson's remake of Kong and found it pretty weak. It was good, but not at the level I wanted from a Director I really liked.

Just hoping the same doesn't happen with Del Toro's remake projects.

That's my feeling as well, but I felt real optimistic about seeing Jackson's remake of Kong and found it pretty weak. It was good, but not at the level I wanted from a Director I really liked.

Just hoping the same doesn't happen with Del Toro's remake projects.

I loved Kong ... one of my instant top 10 .... :monkey2

Really? Man I found it boring... I liked it better after seeing it again. Just was not that impressed; too much mentoring to Jimmy and skating on frozen lakes :lol

Man, I hope he doesn't f any of these up...
What in Del Toro's resume would lead you to believe he'd mess any of these up? All of his movies have been really good and he is totally involved of every aspect of his films, just watch any of the behind the scenes stuff from his DVD's. If there's anyone in hollywood that I have complete trust in it's him.

Just sayin', I hope he doesn't. I have a lot of faith in him as well, but I was dissapointed in Kong and I'm a huge fan of Peter Jackson. Also hated POTA and I'm huge Burton fan.

For some reason remakes of classics have a tendency to trip up even the best directors... so based on my own narrow view I'm a tad worried, but still want to see what he does.

Of course I can't wait to see what he does with all of them...
But taking on Slaughterhouse-Five? That's got my curiousity way up! :rock

I feel your pain re Burton, Galacticboy.
I *LOVE* Burton but his POTA was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.
Seriously.
sad.gif

I feel your pain re Burton, Galacticboy.
I *LOVE* Burton but his POTA was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.
Seriously.
sad.gif

Yeah, love POTA and Burton... figured together they'd be unstoppable. Too bad it was unstoppable crap :lol

But, I would agree Del Toro seems to be more consistent and if there's anyone I'd trust its him. Just don't want to have my heart broken again :monkey2

I really, Really, REALLY want to see At the Mountains of Madness.

Back