Live Action TMNT? Again?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Kevin Eastman Talks Live-Action TMNT
Source:RezBlack September 2, 2008

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" co-creator Kevin Eastman has confirmed the rumors that Imagi and Warner Bros. are in talks to develop a new live-action movie based on the characters. He posted the following at HeavyMetal.com:

Yes, it is true. Although the CGI film did well enough to warrent a sequel, there has been much talk between Imagi and Warners to do a better "re-invention" (newest Hollywood buzzword) of the TMNT's, in a live action film--like what was done with Batman. Back to basics, back to the origin and the intro of the Shredder, etc...there have been talks, trips to Northampton to talk to Mr Laird, and discussions with the original "first" TMNT film director Steve Barron to come back and do it right--but no official word yet...will keep you posted. Best, Kevin

The CG-animated movie TMNT, which was released in March of 2007, earned $95 million worldwide compared to its $34 million budget.

I actually enjoyed the CG movie too, but it would've been better live-action IMO.

I kind of think the Turtles have had their day in the sun though...

if they want to do it right like batman, you'll see a better director than steve barron (who?). the original tmnt was awesome - dark and gritty as hell, then they turned all kool-aid color-coded for kiddies. the turtles would be done right if it went the dark knight route and get some really well established actors with cgi from weta. :)

Just don't think giant Turtles would play particularly well in live-action. I could be wrong, hope I am. But as soon as I see Vanilla Ice I'm out :lol

I still need to see the CGI movie; looked good, just never got around to it.

Is that the one where they went to old school Japan?

Yeah. That one i don't like. Weird story and the puppet outfits were pretty bad. But the first two i think are great.

I'm gonna stay excited about a new live-action until i see what they plan on doing, how it all looks.

If they use the original source material like the originally promised the film will be a success whether its live action or CGI. The original Ninja Turtle comics were the stuff that begged to be on screen.

Back