Alien Quadrilogy $26 shipped today only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crap I can't decide whether to buy this or wait for the BRD version which is coming who the hell knows when......

damn, that is cheap. i bought that set last year for about $80 cdn.
now i just burn em, but for that price i'd still buy em.

I got this for $20 when Circuit City was clearing them out a few months ago. Great DVD set. Well, the first half of it anyways. Haven't been masochistic enough to watch the latter two Alien movies.

Alien 3 is a misunderstood unfinished masterpiece. Shame people cant get past "DEY KILLED HIX N' NEWT!!!1" thing. The extended cut is much better.

There's a reason that people can't get past it. Completely alienating (pun unintentional) fans of the previous film in the first five minutes is a serious problem.

Its about Ripley, not Ripley and Friends have adventures. The Alien series is dark as hell. Thats why I love it so much.

It just makes Aliens feel like it was all for nothing. Yes, I understand that it is Ripley's story, but through the film we grew to like Hicks and Newt. We were invested in their fates. To see them survive all of the terrible ordeals they did and they be killed off so unceremoniously is like a kick in the nuts.

And thats the entire point. Ripley always gets screwed by the Aliens. She's had it by the end of the movie, which makes her character so much stronger.

Great price! I already have the Quadrilogy and the Legacy set. I'll buy it again on Blu-ray. :banghead

Its more of a punch to the gut. I dont like it either, but I like it in Alien 3. It sets the tone back to the original, and has an amazing ending.

Fair enough. I'll admit I haven't ever seen the extended edition. Since I have the quadrilogy set, maybe I should add that to my viewing list and get back to you.

Back