Can the lucky owners of the Sideshow Sauron statue post some of their pics, please!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A-1188

Super Freak
Reaction score
Can the lucky owners of the Sideshow Sauron statue post some of their pics, please! I'm planning on getting it.

THE "Lord of the Rings" statue is a must-get. Forget the high ES and the naysayers saying he's got skinny legs... ;) This statue is still one of my favorites and draws all visitor eyes to it.

What would have simply made it even more amazing would have been if they had somehow made the ring's lettering light up in red.

I have a few old pics I can share.

S1.jpg

S2.jpg

S3.jpg

S4.jpg

Wow man, that thing is just pure awesomeness and class mixed together! I'm going to get this for sure, I just need to find a good price. I love the crude design of his armor, so much character in it...and the silver decoration on his black armor is a real nice touch.

Don't know if I'm a fan yet of LOTR, but I fell in love with the trilogy very recently, and I regret of not appreciating these films earlier. I remember watching The two towers in cinema and being dissapointed for not getting the whole sense of the story since I havent watched the 1st part, therefore it was hard for me to follow what was going on, and since then I had a wrong judgment on the franchise, even because at that time I was narrow minded on Sci-Fi only and nothing else, until I decided to rent the trilogy on Dvd, and I realised how wrong I was. What I loved most in this movie was the fact that each character was a key to the 3 movies. Gimli and the 4 hobbits were a great laugh...well maybe Frodo could be a little less gay-ish, but on the whole these films were a work of art. There's something mutual and powerful in these 3 films, and I'd define LOTR as a movie for everyone, It would be hard for me to imagine someone not liking these films.

If I'd get this statue, it would be the 1st LOTR collectible in my collection, in fact I was going to go for the Gentle Gian busts, but then realised how much better it would be to get this piece instead of the busts. I'm not aiming to start a huge LOTR collection, mind you. I believe quantity is not the best choice for a collection, plus I hate cluttering my shelves. What do you think? Plus if I'd have to choose between Darth Vader and Sauron, despite having such short screen time in the movie, I'd pick Sauron.

Nice man, ye I wanted to see a closeup of his gauntlet and hand. Thanks.

Wow man, that thing is just pure awesomeness and class mixed together! I'm going to get this for sure, I just need to find a good price. I love the crude design of his armor, so much character in it...and the silver decoration on his black armor is a real nice touch.

Don't know if I'm a fan yet of LOTR, but I fell in love with the trilogy very recently, and I regret of not appreciating these films earlier. I remember watching The two towers in cinema and being dissapointed for not getting the whole sense of the story since I havent watched the 1st part, therefore it was hard for me to follow what was going on, and since then I had a wrong judgment on the franchise, even because at that time I was narrow minded on Sci-Fi only and nothing else, until I decided to rent the trilogy on Dvd, and I realised how wrong I was. What I loved most in this movie was the fact that each character was a key to the 3 movies. Gimli and the 4 hobbits were a great laugh...well maybe Frodo could be a little less gay-ish, but on the whole these films were a work of art. There's something mutual and powerful in these 3 films, and I'd define LOTR as a movie for everyone, It would be hard for me to imagine someone not liking these films.

If I'd get this statue, it would be the 1st LOTR collectible in my collection, in fact I was going to go for the Gentle Gian busts, but then realised how much better it would be to get this piece instead of the busts. I'm not aiming to start a huge LOTR collection, mind you. I believe quantity is not the best choice for a collection, plus I hate cluttering my shelves. What do you think? Plus if I'd have to choose between Darth Vader and Sauron, despite having such short screen time in the movie, I'd pick Sauron.

I have loved LOTR ever since reading the Hobbit and LOTR, way back when. I've read the series 3 or 4 times now. Timeless, must read.

Sauron was my first LOTR collectible, and first SS collectible. What a first impression! I just remember being floored by the utter awesomeness! He sure took Tooks breath away!!

Yeah - I was a little put off by the "gayness" too. C'mon Frodo! Tight'en it up!!

I have loved LOTR ever since reading the Hobbit and LOTR, way back when. I've read the series 3 or 4 times now. Timeless, must read.

Sauron was my first LOTR collectible, and first SS collectible. What a first impression! I just remember being floored by the utter awesomeness! He sure took Tooks breath away!!

Yeah - I was a little put off by the "gayness" too. C'mon Frodo! Tight'en it up!!

:lol Ooooh that was deep!

I kinda thought Frodo was more Emo then gay.
Don't mean to insult anyone, I'm just saying.

I'd love to share pics of mine but he has a broken helm that needs mending.

Sauron is arguably the best Sideshow Weta piece you can get, and can be had for a good price on top of that. If the ES wasn't so high this would easily be a grail piece comparable to the Cave Troll and original Balrog, and would sell for a couple thousand dollars at least. If you don't already own this piece you're really missing out. The detail is amazing and it just blows my mind every time I look at it.

Sauron is arguably the best Sideshow Weta piece you can get, and can be had for a good price on top of that. If the ES wasn't so high this would easily be a grail piece comparable to the Cave Troll and original Balrog and would sell for a couple thousand dollars at least. If you don't own this you're really missing out. The detail is amazing and it just blows my mind every time I look at it.

I have to agree. This is a great piece. The detail is amazing and it is a statue that always gets noticed by everyone...sorry for the bad pic, but here is mine... :monkey5

Here's mine. I know this is such a cliché shot of the Dark Lord, but this is all I've got for now. I'll try to post more creative angles of him later.

2editco3.jpg

If you are going for just a few pieces of LOTR items, this Sauron statue is probably one of the most iconic and best that I have seen. I made a mistake oif not getting it when it was available at retail shops initially and when they were all sold out, I had a hard time looking for it. Due to its large size, it doesn't make sense for me to order it overseas or buy it off ebay.

Good thing for me is I eventually managed to buy it from a fellow collector. The guy got married and decided to give up his collection and I bought this statue from him at the retail price he paid for it even though it was on display in his house for quite a while and it doesn't come with the original box. Not really a problem for me because he lives a few houses away from me and I just carried it all the way from his house to mine. :)

Back