Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fives

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey has anybody picked this one up, it came out yesterday and was planning on getting it but read the review in IGN and they gave it a 7.9 which is good but i dont really want to spend 65 bucks on a so-so game. I know the reviewers on these game sites a little picky about bugs, framerates, and so on, thats why i'm courious if one of you guys had gotten it and could give an opinion on what you've played so far. If not i'll save my 65 dineros for something else.........maybe Star Wars:TFU which comes out in 2 weeks.

Played the first one, it was fun....but the 2nd one looks way to similar and as if they haven't changed or added much. Plus the first one wasn't good enough to deem a sequel in IMO. I might pick up Viva Pinata 2 this Wed. though. The first one was great and left me wanted more, plus it's only $40.

i know it does look kinda like the first Mercs game, which was okay but as you say......more of the same. I downloaded The Last Guy from psn, games a blast to play, highly recommended!

I got it yesterday and its ridiculous fun.Everything is destructable and the explosions look fantastic!HUGE world with all kinds of stuff to do and discover.Its great!
Looking forward to SWTFU as well!

This game looks nice..but, chances are i will probally play it a few times then never touch it again..same thing happend with GTA4 but, then again i have a modded system so, i get like 5 games at time so, i got lots of catching up to do with all the games i have yet to play through.

Man, I am ^^^^ing owning the ^^^^ out of this game!!!! Pics taken last night.

picture002vl6.jpg

My cash stack!!!!

picture001xr8.jpg

Nice Work Sick Boy!!! I only have 6 million. Did you do the Helicopter Challange on Max Bet over and over???

I picked up the game as a BDay present to myself and so far so good. It reminds me of Just Cause and GTA combined. The missions so far are more realistic than JC and it is alot more tame than GTA.

I like it.

Yup, over and over. I can do it by myself in about 1 minute. The trick is to kick the toolbox out of the way before getting into the chooper so you don't waste time moving it out of the way and just put the 3 cargo containers right inside the circle. Quick money!!

But I'm also at 50% done already too. Hella addicted to this game. Some of the most fun I've ever had on a next-gen console!!

Zack, can you jot down a quick list of pros and cons about this game?

I'd like to give it a try, but not sure if it's worth a rent or a buy.

Pros:

1. ^^^^ing tons of killer explosions
2. ^^^^ing tons of killer explosions
3. Really fun to play in general
4. Helicopters with miniguns!!!!
5. Co-op is cool
6. Raining death down on your enemies from like 250+ different ways
7. Blowing the ^^^^ out of stuff with bunker busters and nukes!!!!
8. Just some of the most fun I've had in a game in a long time. Lots of other games are "fun" to play, but none have made me laugh so maniacally in a very long time!

Cons:

1. Voice acting is trash
2. Repetative lines from the characters
3. A little buggy, the health thingy (your whole screen flashes and pulses red when you are very near death) has stuck up a few times and wouldn't go away until I quit and reload my game. Not a big deal, but if it happens in the middle of a mission it sucks a lot.
4. In co-op, your stuff in-game stuff doesn;t transfer over, just the money, so you will have to do all your own missions again if you play in someone elses game or vice versa.
5. You will take damage at the weirdest times, like falling down some stairs, but not out of a helicopter 40 ft in the air. lol.

Jason, if you are worried, just get it from Blockbuster for like a week for $4 or $5. I'm pretty sure you will like it if you liked GTA even a bit. Just imagine it with crazier cars (motorcycles with rocket launchers!!) and bigger explosions!!

This was just such a must buy for me after playing the first one on Xbox that there was really nothing to stop me from getting. The PS3 version has less pop-in, but I like the way the 360 version played. Yes, I played both before I bought it. My friend Jade does reviews and she let me play both of her copies!

i was a bit skeptical about mercs 2, well i'm glad i gave this game a try, sick boy's right, it's flat out fun to play and the explosions ahh man, beautiful! graphics may not live up to next gen standards (it does feel like playing a ps2 game). but really fun overall.

Last edited:
Back