Nightmare Before Christmas: DVD & 1:2 scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siren3-4

Super Freak
Reaction score
1db8_1.JPG

I picked one up at target . . .:banana:banana:banana

Is this the same one offered at Best Buy too? That one retails for $119! Very tempting, but a lot of money.

Ive only seen the regular 2 disc one for 25 bucks. I was hoping the one with the bust was only like 50-60 bucks but looks like thats not happening lol (I thought the bust was smaller tho)

I got this too. Best Buy and Target have it for $119, or at least they did. I was going to get it through Amazon but they cancelled it for some reason. I had some Best Buy certificates to use up so I got it. Our Best Buy only got two in.

I am just glad they didn't do this box set in blu ray. I would have bought it then.

i saw this yesterday as i was walking through target. looked pretty sweet. forgot to check the price. thought i saw a smaller box set too with some different goodies in it. but i didnt stop and check it out.

Is this the same one offered at Best Buy too? That one retails for $119! Very tempting, but a lot of money.

I figure most 1:2 scale busts run $200 to $250 from Sideshow & DC Direct . . . and we really , really love this movie . . .

A few have already sold above retail on ebay but that will calm down when they are released full blast. It will be interesting to see if the price goes up once it sells out though . . . it is really nice . . .

Specs:

Product Description

Now digitally restored and remastered with state-of-the-art technology, The Nightmare Before Christmas: Collector s Edition is deeper, darker and more brilliant than ever as Tim Burton originally envisioned. This new version comes with DisneyFile Digital Copy, a full-length version of the movie you can transfer and watch on your PC, Mac, and video-enabled compatible portable players.

The dimensions of the Jack bust itself (out of box) are 12.5 inches wide by 13.5 inches high by 7.3125 inches deep. The dimensions of the Coffin-shaped box that holds the bust gift set are: 15.5 inches wide by 16.75 inches high by 9.25 inches deep.

Bonus Features

· What s This? Jack s Haunted Mansion Holiday Tour
· Frankenweenie (Uncut Version) with new introduction by Tim Burton
· Vincent short film
· Tim Burton s original poem narrated by Christopher Lee
· All-New Audio Commentary by Tim Burton, Director Henry Selick and Music Designer Danny Elfman
· Behind-the-scenes making of Tim Burton s The Nightmare Before Christmas
· The worlds of Tim Burton s The Nightmare Before Christmas Halloween Town, Christmas Town, The Real World

· Deleted Scenes
· Storyboard To Film Comparison
· Original Theatrical Trailers and Posters

Limited Edition Jack Skellington DVD Bust Set includes

· Completely restored original full-length feature
· Two discs loaded with new and existing bonus
· Third disc Disney File Digital Copy, compatible with Mac and PC (and an insert with more details)
· Individually numbered, hand painted ultimate collector s bust
· Plays sound bites from the movie
· Includes Sandy Claws hat and beard with matching disc case
· Booklet containing original poem
· Letter of Authenticity

Last edited:
My best buy still had 2 of these and after seeing this thread, I had to go get one!! Love the movie and I love the "santy claws" hat and beard that come with him also!!! This thing is awesome!!! :monkey5

I've ordered from Amazon too (For $119).Thay didn't cancel my order just changed shipping date.For those that have the bust, what are the sound bits from the movie that the bust plays? It's going to be a couple of weeks before it arrives and I haven't found anything info about the sound bits

I've ordered from Amazon too (For $119).Thay didn't cancel my order just changed shipping date.For those that have the bust, what are the sound bits from the movie that the bust plays? It's going to be a couple of weeks before it arrives and I haven't found anything info about the sound bits

Amazon isn't selling it anymore, only their secondary sellers are. I looked it up last weekend and it said that it had been cancelled. Now when I looked, it's only being sold by Amazon sellers, not through Amazon themselves. Hopefully you'll get your's. Maybe Amazon themselves sold out with per-orders.

Saw it at B&N, but it was like $169.99 I think. I didn't realize it came with the Sanity Claws disguise. Good thing it's not offered in blu-ray - I might have to get it.

Seeing how the original DVD release is no where to be found nowadays, I'm definitely going to grab this one. Probably not the boxed set with the bust, but definitely the two-disc edition.

Saw it at B&N, but it was like $169.99 I think. I didn't realize it came with the Sanity Claws disguise. Good thing it's not offered in blu-ray - I might have to get it.

I'm surprised they don't offer it in blu-ray!

Borders has it for $129.

Amazon isn't selling it anymore, only their secondary sellers are. I looked it up last weekend and it said that it had been cancelled. Now when I looked, it's only being sold by Amazon sellers, not through Amazon themselves. Hopefully you'll get your's. Maybe Amazon themselves sold out with per-orders.

I had ordered it August 2nd so they might have found some more remaining to fullfill all the preorders.I got a shipping email (yesterday) but untill it gets here it's going to take some time. Any info on the sound bits?

Technically wouldn't 1:2 scale be the size of NECA's figures? I mean the actual figures used on the film weren't life size!

I also picked up one of these for my wife, it's pretty awesome our best buy only got 4 of them in and there was only 1 when we left :D

Saw it today at best buy. So tempting but I need that Hot Toys Batman. I bought the standard two disc version. Glad I got it

Back