Vietnam war movie poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which of these two VIETNAM ERA movies did it for you?"FULL METAL JACKET" or "PLATOON&

• Total voters
Both are excellent, but I voted for Full Metal Jacket. All the performances are brilliant. And I love how it totally changes gears half way through.

I now have a new Joker avatar. :lol

Apocalypse now......:monkey1

:lecture

My favorite Vietnam movie of all time. One of my favorite movies. Period.

I've got to go with Apocolypse Now - so many days after class in high school watching this film over and over ...

But for your poll, Full Metal Jacket - can't go wrong with Kubrick. I like Platoon, but never thought it was quite as good as everyone said it was.

platoon................who didnt cheer when barnes got fragged? a lot of good performances from some unknowns at the time this was made & outstanding ones from the ones who were.

i liked both very much & own both as well.

Apocalypse Now is a great one, The Air Cav scenes rule. PLATOON in my opinion had a better story. The technical accuracy of PLATOON is amazing as well. I will always love FULL METAL JACKET, because I saw it about a month before I went to basic training down at Fort Benning, Georgia in 1988.

Oh yeah, no one has mentioned HAMBURGER HILL. That movie kicked butt!!! The battle scenes are incredible and it honors the spirit of the 101st Airborne.

Back