Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FQRizzo

Super Freak
Reaction score
These are some pretty cool figures. I figured if anyone wants to discuss these, you can do so here.

Wave 1:

mat107096322150zj2.jpg

Wave 2:

mat107116271790mi2.jpg

Wave 3:

mat107126302877tm3.jpg

Also, has anyone found Wave two in their area? I think the entire wave skipped over the Philly area...

OK, my first shameless plug - hope it doesn't earn me a detention slip :)

Check out my humble site dedicated to this line - www.dcuc.info :)

I love this line. It's like the SuperPowers line all over again, but better.

This is the best line you aren't collecting. I love it and I'm only really a Batman DC fan, but I've gotten all of the BAFs so far, but not all of the figures. The Big 7 members and some villians and just simply cool figures like Deathstroke.

Series 2 is supposed to be shipping again with the other Firestorm variant now, so those that didn't find them the first time will have another shot at all of them except the first Firestorm.

Grundy is an awesome figure too! :rock

this line completely owns. i am waiting on wave 3 to ship but i broke down and picked up deathstroke and the unmasked variant the other day. he is the best of the line so far (imo).

Is Solomon Grundy really that big compared to the other figures?

Solomon Grundy is by far the best action figure/BAF that I own! The details is amazing, hes steady on his feet, and he is huge!

I sure hope wave 2 DOES ship again! That would ROCK!

got batman and Etrigan from wave one, All of wave two except classic aquaman, Went for the Variant, And all of wave 3 except sinestro so far, can't find him :)

Lobo Arrived a few weeks ago, and I'm looking forward to black costume superman so i can give him lobo's Rifle :)

Just got Wave 3, pretty nice overall. At the rate the collection is growing I'm going to need new shelves!
d6a93a7c.jpg

I'm still missing variant Aquaman, classic Sinestro and unmasked Deathstroke... not sure if being completist with this line is a good idea, but I'd definitely have to have classic Sinestro.

Just got Wave 3, pretty nice overall. At the rate the collection is growing I'm going to need new shelves!
d6a93a7c.jpg

I'm still missing variant Aquaman, classic Sinestro and unmasked Deathstroke... not sure if being completist with this line is a good idea, but I'd definitely have to have classic Sinestro.

Wow! Your Sinestro isn't a midget! How'd you luck out with that?

He's still pretty short; I think it's more to do with how I posed it: I made Sinestro stand up as straight as possible while I made Hal's stance wider to make him appear shorter. Then again I picked the Sinestro Corps version because the classic version seemed more like a midget in the box - short neck and with sloppy paint job.

As cool as the DCUC figures are, having them side by side with their DCD counterparts makes you really appreciate the sculpt and paint work that goes into the DCD figures. Looks like I can't give up DCD after all...

ba92bfa3.jpg

Pity DCD cheaped out and gave us an inaccurate Sinestro lantern... but the paint job is just freakin' awesome, colors really pop when you see it in the flesh.
76ffe4d5.jpg

DCD Deathstroke is a classic case of sacrificing articulation for details; for e.g. check out the sculpt on his boots (the soles even have treads). Pity you can't have both... Here's to hoping DCD pulls something out of the proverbial hat with the George Perez History of DCU line.

SAME HERE. Ive wanted a decent Batman Beyond figure for years and even tho we are now getting one it is kinda bad that he is all buffed up. Ill still take it tho lol

Hopefully it wont be too hard getting hold of the Variant outside of the states. Who do we have to poke to get an old Bruce to go with him?

Back