Metal Gear Solid 5 is confirmed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rock83

Super Freak
Reaction score
OMG, you just made my day. I'm the biggest MGS freak ever >.>. Wooooo lets hope MGS5 doesn't take too long.

Great news and hope that MGS5 does go back to earlier eras. Maybe link Old Snake to the story by flash backs to events surrounding his beginning as a soldier with Foxhound and from Metal Gear "Outer Heaven". Looking forward to seeing how this one develops!

It would be against all things MG, but I'd love to play a prequel to MGS4 in which you could play as Raiden rescuing Sunny and the story revealed how/why Raiden became a cyborg...

It'd be awesome to be able to play as the new - and totally improved - Raiden vs. a ton of bad guys... :D :D

It would be against all things MG, but I'd love to play a prequel to MGS4 in which you could play as Raiden rescuing Sunny and the story revealed how/why Raiden became a cyborg...

It'd be awesome to be able to play as the new - and totally improved - Raiden vs. a ton of bad guys... :D :D

That would be a fun game. Good ews though. MGS has been my favourite game series since I was little.

not entirely true, he does talk about it like it's confirmed, but nothing has actually been announced, the only rumour that kojima has commented on is a portable game based on raiden rescuing sunny.

heres the payton interview

Quote:
- Why did you leave Konami and Kojima Productions?

Back when I joined Kojima Productions in 2005, I hit the ground running and didn't stop until we shipped Metal Gear Solid 4. Then, for the first time in three years, I wasn't working on any games and I had a three month vacation ahead of me. I went back home to my family's place in Washington state and literally three weeks after MGS4 launched we were hit with some pretty heavy news concerning my mom. I don't think I need to go into details, but all of this has reminded me about how important family is. So this past month I decided to leave Kojima Productions and look to continue my career working closer to my family in North America.

It's not easy leaving my other family (the MGS team), but with everybody taking time off and not having any other big projects to shift focus to, it feels like this is how it's supposed to be. It's fate.

- What did you gain from the Kojima Productions experience? How did you change?

Working on MGS: Portable Ops and MGS4 has been a life changing experience. I feel so lucky to have worked with such a talented and passionate team.

As a person, I've developed a very critical eye when it comes to game development, which was no doubt inspired by my colleages. On the not-so-bright side, I've also developed that fabled Japanese work ethic. Now hearing about friends' twelve-hour work days sound like a piece of cake to me.

- Any memories that standout?

Our midnight launch of MGS4 in Hollywood was something I'll never forget. There was more than 500 people lined up outside to buy the game and get our autographs. Talking to all of these passionate MGS fans really put it all into persepctive — something you can lose when you're stuck in a Tokyo office building working on the game for three years.

- Is there something that you wish you could've done at Kojima Productions, but didn't?

I'm pretty satisifed with all I've accomplished at KP. I set my goals and hit almost every one. The dream has always been to get an original game concept green lit, but that'll have to wait until I find a new home. The good news is that I've got plenty of exciting ideas that I've been keeping close to my chest.

It'll be hard not being involved in MGS5, but I've got the utmost confidence that Hideo Kojima, Ken Imaizumi, and our amazing team will put together another blockbuster game. I'll be cheering from the sidelines.

- What's next?

Word travels fast, so I've been getting a lot of great offers lately. But the plan is to take it easy, spend time with my family, and carefully decide where I land next.

Haha, I love how the title of the thread is "MGS5 is confirmed" and the first link leads to a page that says "This game has not been officially announced." Then the next link says "officially confirmed", but nowhere does anyone actually confirm it's being worked on.

Ryan Payton isn't involved in MGS5, and isn't even with Kojima Productions anymore. He's in no place to confirm or announce anything.

Aside from that, any game involving Solid Snake would completely invalidate MGS4, prequel or not. Big Boss's story has been told, we all know what happened. No need to retread the past. The Metal Gear franchise needs a new direction.

Remakes (from the ground up, really) of the first two Metal Gear games would be something I would push for. Few people have played either one, and their events are mentioned multiple times in Metal Gear Solid.

Well, here's to hoping...I'm tired of backtracking...there's just no progress...
it's narrowing the story trying to conform to what's already established, trying to fit in the puzzles... backtracking only explains events further in details...It is limiting...
So, I want a sequel...with new and better ideas and better features...something that could trump the previous in many ways, yet grounded to tradition and still has the features of the previous but with major additions and improvements.

Something that will prove that the previous success and demonstration of genius and talent and creativity were not a fluke.

That there's real creativity going on and not just relying so much on the foundations. It's best to have a new lead character...and the best successor that doesn't conform to the traditional snake but at the same time does not derail far from the concept of frachise is none other than Cyborg Raiden...I believe...

Kojima has said he wants the franchise to go on for another 20 years and already has plans to continue Big Boss's story on the PSP...

the first 3 are the best,4 sucked it was way to dramatic lets hope that 5 works out

the first one is the best and the rest went downhill. MGS4 is nothing more than a dramafest to show off pretty graphics.
~~lol at MGS5. seriously, i thought the story is over?? or is Sony worried their other franchises can't pick up the slack??

the first one is the best and the rest went downhill. MGS4 is nothing more than a dramafest to show off pretty graphics.
~~lol at MGS5. seriously, i thought the story is over?? or is Sony worried their other franchises can't pick up the slack??

You sir are ^^^^ing right, not only MGS went downhill, but other good games went downhill too. I heard konami wanted to continue the series...... not sure but still instead of MGS5 and the lame ass movie, those morons should worried about metal gear online. MGO has horrible maps and there are still things that they need to fix :rolleyes:

I enjoyed all the games,yeah MGS1 was the best one,but the others are almost just as good,for those that thinks the MGS games are lame simply aint MGS fans,i know MANY people that dont like them,too much videoes and waiting,which i respect,i couldnt handle that either if i wasnt interested in the story.
You gotta be a fan to like MGS.

i hope i'm wrong but to my understanding mgs4 was supposed to be solid snake's last mission....like i said, i hope i'm wrong and we get another story with snake.

huh? really? remake of metal............ gear? :horror

The guy at Kojima productions said they will go back in time when he fought his father.

Would be cool if MGS5 was based on Snakes very first mission or something,we saw Snakes last mission,why not let us see his first?

I would like to see more of Big Boss`missions,why not make a game with the same story as in the PSP game.

"Set in 1970 in South America, six years after the events of Snake Eater, the game follows the exploits of Naked Snake after his former unit, FOX, goes renegade.The game also chronicles the eventual founding of FOXHOUND and The Patriots, as well as the inspiration of the military state Outer Heaven"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid:_Portable_Ops

Back