The House Bunny

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anna Faris is a comic genius. Seriously, she's so talented she made this re-tread of "geeks conquer" very watchable. The script isn't great, the jokes aren't even that funny - but Faris' delivery, doubletakes and willingness to just "go there" for every laugh makes this a really fun film.

The audience I saw it with was mostly women, and at the time I thought that strange. But that's who the movie is for - it's basically a female empowerment story. And Faris is very attractive, but doesn't really have sex appeal that would bring in the guys. So guys, if the lady friend suggests going to Sex in the City - suggest this one instead - neither of you will regret it.

I totally agree. Most of the film was decent at best but Anna Farris is absolutley hilarious and makes it worth watching. Theres alot of big laughs in it too, its not just little laughs here and there. Im glad I saw it

3.5/5

She is in the new issue of Playboy too. :lecture

Probably not nude though. She is a hillarious comedic actress though, I love her in everything, probably her best stuff though is her and Ryan Reynolds in Waiting and Just Friends, those two just feed off each other, very similar style of delivery. Not sure I'll run to the theater for this, but looks like it could have some good laughs for a DVD viewing.

I'll wait for the DVD.

I only saw the TV spots, so before I looked it up, I thought this was about a bunny who became a woman. Yeah.....well it looked that way.

Quick question. I actually saw an interview with some segments that looked pretty funny. However I'm curious to know, is she the same in this as she is in every other comedic role she's played?

Anna Faris is a comic genius. Seriously, she's so talented she made this re-tread of "geeks conquer" very watchable. The script isn't great, the jokes aren't even that funny - but Faris' delivery, doubletakes and willingness to just "go there" for every laugh makes this a really fun film.

The audience I saw it with was mostly women, and at the time I thought that strange. But that's who the movie is for - it's basically a female empowerment story. And Faris is very attractive, but doesn't really have sex appeal that would bring in the guys. So guys, if the lady friend suggests going to Sex in the City - suggest this one instead - neither of you will regret it.

how does a single man see so many chick flix?? :monkey1

Quick question. I actually saw an interview with some segments that looked pretty funny. However I'm curious to know, is she the same in this as she is in every other comedic role she's played?

Most of her other roles have been in broad spoof comedies. This is her first lead as a more reality based character (although it's still pretty broad). The comedy is completely different - rather than parody gags it's more character based.

But she was great in Lost in Translation in a supporting role.

Most of her other roles have been in broad spoof comedies. This is her first lead as a more reality based character (although it's still pretty broad). The comedy is completely different - rather than parody gags it's more character based.

But she was great in Lost in Translation in a supporting role.

Yeah, I thought she was good in a few episodes of "Entourage" last season. I remember thinking to myself it's a same she keeps getting cast in the same types of roles.

I love Anna Faris, I think she's cute and she's got good comedic timing. As for this being a chick flick, I don't think so, Mean Girls was awesome and I don't consider that a chick flick. There are also a lot of other good looking women in this to look at so that and the comedy are good enough for me. :D

I love Anna Faris, I think she's cute and she's got good comedic timing. As for this being a chick flick, I don't think so, Mean Girls was awesome and I don't consider that a chick flick. There are also a lot of other good looking women in this to look at so that and the comedy are good enough for me. :D

Good point - it's a chick flick in the spirit of Mean Girls.

I went on a date (with a girl ye beeeesterds) and this movie was her choice. I gagged at the thought of seeing this movie. Well, I'll be darned, but if this isn't the funniest movie I have seen in a long while. Even funnier than the forced out laughs of Tropic Thunder. Plus, the legs! OH MY GOODNESS! THE OUTFITS! THE SKIN!

Sorry, need to pick my tongue from off the floor.

I have to agree with Darklord Dave, Anna Faris is a comedic genius. She knows her comedic timing well, and you really come off liking her characters. She seems like a girl you can easily approach down, or for some of you, stalk down a street. She is by far the best female hollywood actress for physical comedy. Love her and the movie!

btw

1. Think Monroe
2. Think Gum
3. Think thrumpy chick trying to pick up guys
4. Think garden hose

Those were some hilarious moments.

I wished someone had a vidcap in her naughty school girl uniform when she was absorbing information in the library. Well, to the best of her abilities of course.

3.5 out of 5.

P.S. Dave and ill Jedi, turn off your brains and watch an action-packed 90 minutes of what should be an adrenaline rush.. du dun dunt! *drum roll* Death Race!!! :rock

Thats another plus about the movie Eli26, Anna Farris is almost always in a bikini :monkey5

Back