Can we expect hot toys batman comic inspired line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micah12345

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Would the license they have for the batman cosbabies also allow them to make comic inspired 1/6 scale?

I mean it gets me excited going to their page and seeing the 'batman' logo under licenses.

I also hope they would venture into artist inspired figures.. neal adams, michael turner, frank miller batmans man the possibilities are endless!! I personally would love a elseworlds superman

Last edited:
It would be cool if it happened... maybe DC, since importing the HT figures, will eventually let HT make some good 1/6 figures :rock

I'd love for HT to give us a Neal Adams style Batman.

joker.jpg

There have been rumors about this occurring since the rumors have been circulating that HT has a Master License. The Cosbabies just continue that speculation but HT hasn't been forward with their plans as usual.

I also hope they would venture into artist inspired figures.. neal adams, michael turner, frank miller batmans man the possibilities are endless!! I personally would love a elseworlds superman

I have a feeling that if HT did do a Batman line they'd do generic versions not artist based and they'd also do modern versions. Although if they sell well, doing Silver Aged versions are definitely up the road as well.......if it happens.

If this happens, this could be the beginning of the end for DC Direct, at least for action figures.

Now that Mattel has the license for the entire DC Universe proper beyond just Batman and Superman with the DCUC line there is little to entice 6" scale figure collectors besides artist/storyline specific versions of the characters.

If HT (or any other 6th scale figure maker) gets the rights to their universe, their will be little point in continuing their DCD line of 13" collector figures since the scale is so close. If DC Direct's BB and TDK figures are any indication, collectors would be better off paying a little more for a licensed interpretation of the comics versions, rather than the ones that are "straight from the source".

Well, at least DCD would still have their statues.

Oh man. I would absolutely love it if Hot Toys could do comic based figures. But my wallet would scream out in agony.

Back