SS LOTR Lurtz Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
I hate, hate, hate to take pictures at night because the flash does so much damage, but I was too excited to wait for the sun. Just trust me when I say that pictures are nothing compared to seeing this thing in person.

I can't believe I almost cancelled this--I am having a really hard time not calling this the greatest LOTR collectible I have ever seen. Lurtz has walked off the screen and is sitting on my DVD cabinet. I will do whatever it takes to have this complete line, and I can't wait for the next announcement. (I can't believe that it was a year ago already that the line was announced!) If you are on the fence about getting Lurtz, like I was, then let me just say that this is a breathtaking piece of work. Lurtz is not my favorite character, but this thing is amazing. The level of detail and lifelike authenticity and realism is pretty much unsurpassed. I am SO glad I didn't cancel this--it may be more than I can afford, and I have no place to put it, but I wouldn't part with it for anything. Also, he is number 39, the lowest number Sideshow has ever shipped me. (Icing on the cake.)

02xs8.jpg

03xt1.jpg

04hr7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My PF Lurtz

Pics -

SideshowPFLurtz014.jpg

SideshowPFLurtz019.jpg

SideshowPFLurtz016.jpg

SideshowPFLurtz031.jpg

SideshowPFLurtz021.jpg

SideshowPFLurtz027.jpg

SideshowPFLurtz018.jpg

SideshowPFLurtz030.jpg

Mini Review -

I absolutely LOVE the leather work on this piece! SS has truly outdone themselves with the combination of real and nicely weathered leather, metal rivets and perfectly blended polystone. You immediately know you are handling something of true quality. The sculpt is incredible, the paintwork on mine is without flaw; there is a reason that these are called PREMIUM format figures.

There are only two small complaints that I have:

1) This figure really feels front-heavy, it just makes me nervous that something could happen down the road

2) The base is obviously hollow, I am sure it would have cost too much to make it solid, but it would have been nicer to feel a bit more solid. That is especially important considering #1.

When Berserker exclusive was announced I just knew that I must get Lurtz Ex before they get up in price. This, Moria Orc and Berserker will make an awesome display. Didn't know the statue would be so big and heavy.

I'm happy! Here's some pics for you guys. Notice the blu-ray steelbook next to Lurtz, looks so small next to him.

DPP_1291.jpg

DPP_1300.jpg

DPP_1301.jpg

DPP_1302.jpg

DPP_1303.jpg

DPP_1304.jpg

DPP_1305.jpg

DPP_1292.jpg

DPP_1293.jpg

DPP_1294.jpg

Back