New Star Wars DVD Releases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ultimate Weapon

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone catch this story over at thedigitalbits.com?

https://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

Looks like another release of the two Star Wars trilogies on DVD coming in November. It's interesting that they've split them up into 'The Star Wars Trilogy' and 'The Star Wars Prequel Trilogy'.

They are both six disc sets, so hopefully we'll finally get some better bonus features for the original trilogy - like the cut scenes! The original set's bonus disc, while containing a pretty cool new documentary really didn't have much else to offer especially considering the wealth of production info that exists and can be found on fan websites. Hopefully the new bonus discs will be worthwhile, though I doubt this will be the ultimate film set that people hope for and that the original trilogy deserves on DVD.

I can't imagine what the new prequel set could offer since the originals were all two disc sets with pretty decent bonus features, so that will be interesting to see.

Let the "milking the DVD market yet again" comments begin!

bluray.jpg
bluray.jpg
bluray.jpg
bluray.jpg
bluray.jpg
bluray.jpg
bluray.jpg
bluray.jpg
bluray.jpg
bluray.jpg

Yeah, at this point they really need to be in Hi-def format, but it always seems like Star Wars is slow to be released on new formats - especially considering Lucas' love of technology and its advancement in film.

Last edited:
Interesting. But Lucas got enough money out of me, regarding the Star Wars movies: first I when to the theatres to see the OT, then I when to the video store to hire them, then I bought the OT on VHS, then I went to the theater again to see the 'special edition' of the OT, Then I went to the theatres to see the PT, then I bought the PT on DVD, somewhen in between I bought the OT on DVD as a box with a limited behind the scenes DVD. After that, I went to the store to buy the OT on DVD AGAIN, but this time as a LE featuring extra DVD's of the original theatrical version, first and only time on DVD!! Did I mention the Cartoon Network Clone Wars DVD I and II I bought? No, I didn't. But that brings me to the new Clone Wars Movie that's been in the theatres since August 20th and I still have to go see...

Do you think I mentioned everything yet? No, of course not. There's the SW holiday special with a singing princess Leia I never got to buy, but got to see. It's on youtube.
Also, I bought the 'Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars' LE book, which also features a DVD with behind the scenes bla bla...
Somehow I have the feeling, i'm forgetting something. But I'm sure someone will help me out here... Oh yes... HD DVD, Blue Ray... the possibilities are unlimited!

These better ^^^^ing be the originals. If not, then ^^^^ them. I want the movies I grew up with. Un^^^^ed around with. Yes, I am in a pissy mood.

no blu-ray and no new content...

Okay... two last things today: First of all, we've confirmed with 20th Century Fox that the new Star Wars Trilogy DVD box sets are just re-packs of the previously released 2-disc sets (in the case of the Prequel set) and presumably the recent Original Trilogy 2-disc DVDs that had both the SE versions and the non-anamorphic original theatrical versions of the films. The key point is: THERE'S NO NEW CONTENT. So be advised and spread the word. By the way, special thanks to our good friend T-Bone for bring these new DVDs to our attention this morning. ;)

I made copies of the SE. So My original disks are still in brand new condition. I guess that aleviates the necessity of buying them again this year.

Where's the BR, George?

Maybe Han and Greedo with blow each others heads off this time and Leia poll dances during Jedi Rocks!!

I'm holding out for the ulitmate highdef version.

Star Wars + Blu Ray = :horror............... :chew (I give it a "delayed wookie" because I have a strange feeling that when the day does come that we get the Trilogies on Blu Ray, we will all go through a state of shock and awe because we've been dreaming of that day for so long!!)

Back