Kotobukiya pieces how nice are they?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jlcmsu

I see Bob has a few on his site that I'm interested in. Are these good quality pieces? Or are they the opposite? Just thinking since he has a Vader up for $85 bucks and a couple other guys I might be interested in.

They say kits. So I'm guessing they have to be put together.

Josh, don't think just order :p lol No really these piece's are awsome. And by kit they really are no more ( actually less ) challenging then most SS pieces. My Put the head on a post, gun in hand, attach a cape. Nothing bad at all

I have a Vader + Clone Trooper and would if I had the money own them all. Truley awosme.

I have seen most and do think that the likeness stays better with non humans, but then again I was looking for to many humans :p

I highly recomend for the price my friend. :toast

The detail on them is incredible - truly a value at less than $100. I can honestly say that the Kotobukiya Darth Maul likeness is dead-on, and the Boba Fett puts the Attakus Boba Fett to shame.

They don't have the "heft" of a nice solid porcelin or polystone statue, but when they are sitting on your shelf who can really tell the Koto weighs 1 pound and the Attakus is 15?

I would say the only downside to the kotobukiya's is they are very pelvis-centric. I mean really, Darth Vader and Boba Fett look like they are ready to hump somebody. Vader almost looks like he's about to fall over backwards!! But otherwise the detail is much better than anything else I've seen.

MiteeThoR

Ok I've gone a tad nuts today.

Today I've bought

Kotobukiya Statues of
Boba Fett
Darth Maul
Vader 2
Mace Windu/Yoda Statue
and possibly a Vader 1

Vader C3 Exclusive Figure
Vader Basica Figure
Vader Lava Target Exclusive
Bidding on a Yoda TRU Exclusive

Thats enough for me for a while.

I like their dynamic poses, and if they were statues, I would be all over them. I don't know how they would hold up in value over time, I imagine they will go up, but I'm not good at predicting. I saw the han solo from afar (on top of the shelf high up) and he looked a little plastic. There was a photo on the board with star wars attakus statues next to the koto ones, and I have to say, it made the attakus statues look fantastic. Maul has a great pose and is my favorite of the kobo, but I didn't buy it because it looks plastic to me. For me, I rather get nice statues for a few hundred than a 100 dollar plastic one. But, who knows where it will be headed. I don't know why they don't make statues because their sculptors are top notch.

I'll let ya know. Everyone, I have asked say they are good quality stuff. I figure for less than $100 bucks per item they will do for me.

I had a hell of a time getting the Boba Fett put together...you have to really put pressure on the pieces to get them to snap in place...I had broken off one of his shoulder pads in the process...had to glue it back in place...

But the Koto statues are REALLY nice, especially the Boba Fett...

Kotobukiya pieces how nice are they

they are nice, but very, very overpriced. they're just extra large unleashed figures. :ar

personally, i think anything more than $30 for these figures is too much for what is essentially a rotocast plastic statue.:bonk

Well, I'll make sure I'm careful when putting them together. They do look like very big action figures but they are at least affordable to me right now so I'll go with them. I can always come back and add the SS stuff later when I have more money. Everyone seems to think pretty highly of them so that at least makes me feel good.

Everyone seems to think pretty highly of them so that at least makes me feel good

they are nice, and if you've got the cash, you won't be disapointed. if they were $30 each, i'd get them all, but at $100 each, i'll settle for just darth vader. :belly

They are certainly a bit overpriced considering the production values, but I'll be damned if they aren't pretty flippin' cool looking. Well, some of them anyway.... I'm not too hip on the human characters, but the troopers and Darth Vader are gorgeous. I saw the (newer?) Vader at C3 and I have to say I think I like it better than GG's or Attacus'.

11.jpg

Well, that makes me feel better Andy at least they are cool even if a bit overpriced. I'm not gonna get any of the human characters except for Mace Windu since he comes with Yoda. I ordered that Vader today from Bob and have someone whose gonna do their best to get me the Vader 1 piece. Thanks for the thoughts Andy being that you do this stuff for a living appreciate your two cents.

so far ive gotten 5 of the kotobukiya and every one of them is truly a work of art. my most favorite is the darth maul. ive just recently gotten the boba fett and that is my second favorite. the 1st darth vader is very nice as well even though i dont really like the pose all that much. the new vader is gonna most definately be a must have for me. :rock

LOL. That's funny, Josh. You just started this thread when I was thinking about the quality of the Kotobukiya statues. :bonk
Thanks to all the input here I felt comfortable to order the walking stick Yoda for my son's birthday. If the quality is nice, I will also get Darth Maul and one of the Vaders. Their bases look soo good, it's like Dioramas quite often. I just wish the high-quality statues would have bases looking as good as these!

And congrats to the big haul! Hope to read your opinion on ALL of them, Josh. :rock

Back